Here you will find some recommended articles by other writers. Their inclusion on this page does of course not imply any endorsement by HonestThinking.
Links to other web sites (as opposed to individual articles) can be found here.
Please notify us of good articles that should be included in the below list by sending e-mail to postmaster at honestThinking.org (replacing ' at ' with '@' ).
- Cape Town university votes for removal of colonial statue.
- Modern medicine did not help Germanwings pilot, it may have damaged him. Whatever else may be said about Andreas Lubitz, the pilot who deliberately crashed his Germanwings jet into the French Alps, killing himself and 149 passengers, he did not lack medical attention: he as under treatment for a good proportion of his relatively short adult life. To judge by the terrible outcome, however, it didn’t do him much good. On the contrary: it is even possible, though not provable, that it made him worse. For example, the antidepressants that he was taking might have inclined him to an extremely violent act. Many mass killers have been taking such drugs when they committed their acts, for example Matti Saari, aged 22, who shot and killed 10 students in normally peaceful Finland before also killing himself. [...] Andreas Lubitz was not depressed, he was of bad character, for the improvement of which there is no drug. He was an angry narcissist, murderous at least as much as he was suicidal. [...] Adreas Lubitz was treated as if he were ill, thereby disguising from him his own responsibility for his state of mind. He was a narcissist whose sorrows and failures made him vengeful and murderous as well as suicidal. He thirsted for fame, though he had no achievements that entitled him to it, and he was willing to sacrifice 149 others to achieve it. He was prescribed useless drugs that possibly contributed to his aggression. It is a very modern story.Theodore Dalrymple.
- Sweden facing “systemic collapse” in dealing with ISIS recruitment. The Swedish security police SÄPO, the first, last and only line of defense against the growing ISIS-threat, has just released it’s annual report for 2014. The 84-page report (available as a translateable PDF here) covers Russian espionage, dignitary protection detail and other traditional tasks for this kind of government agency, but one area stands out: Counterterrorism and the surge of Sweden as a primary recruitment base for ISIS terrorists.
- A grotesque love of propaganda. Unspeakable barbarity. The loathing of Jews - and a hunger for world domination. In this stunning intervention, literary colossus V.S. NAIPAUL says ISIS is now the Fourth Reich.
- ISIS Campaign Of Executing Homosexuals – By Stoning, Shooting, Throwing Off Roofs, Public Torture: In Accordance With Shari'a Law As Explained By Influential Mainstream Islamic Preachers, Scholars On Leading Arab Media Outlets, Including Al-Jazeera, Hamas's Al-Aqsa TV – WARNING – GRAPHIC IMAGES.
- Isis claims responsibility for Tunisia museum attack and warns deadly shooting is 'just first drop of the rain'.
- Sweden shooting puts focus on life in 'ghettoes without hope'. With a bystander one of the two men shot dead in Gothenburg, gang violence has made marginalised immigrant communities a matter for national debate.
- Teenager, 18, raped as she waited at bus stop on busy main road as DOZENS of cars drove past. The 18-year-old girl was waiting for a bus into Leeds City centre on Friday. Police believe she was attacked by an Asian man in his 20s of slim build. The attacker subjected the girl to a terrifying sexual assault before fleeing.
- Reza Aslan: Sam Harris and “New Atheists” aren’t new, aren’t even atheists. Renowned scholar calls Harris, Dawkins anti-theists, and as dogmatic, fundamentalist as true believers. Reza Aslan.
- People know the consequences: Opposing view. Anjem Choudary.
- Durham Free School to close after government funding withdrawn. A free school put in special measures following a damning Ofsted report is to be closed by the government.
- Pupils at Christian school branded 'bigots' because one boy didn't know what a Muslim was - and now inspectors have ordered it to CLOSE.
- The moment American blogger's wife was left covered in blood next to her husband's mutilated body after he was hacked to death by Muslim militants for insulting Islam and 'in retaliation for U.S. strikes on ISIS'.
- Avijit Roy was hacked to death for his secular views. Let’s share his story. Alom Shaha.
- Islamic State 'planning to use Libya as gateway to Europe'. Exclusive: Jihadists hoping to use Libya as a "gateway" to wage war across the whole of southern Europe, plans by Isil supporters reveal.
- Sweden: Rape Capital of the West. Ingrid Carlqvist and Lars Hedegaard.
- Little known tale of generous Turkish aid to the Irish during the Great Hunger.
- More On "No-Go Zones": Displacing What Is Disagreeable. Douglas Murray.
- Does Europe Have No-go Zones?. Daniel Pipes.
- European 'No-Go' Zones: Fact or Fiction? Part 2: Britain. Soeren Kern.
- The fiddling with temperature data is the biggest science scandal ever. New data shows that the “vanishing” of polar ice is not the result of runaway global warming.
- South Africa's Soweto area, once epicenter of resistance to apartheid, convulsed by looting. South African youths recently swept through an intersection in the heart of Soweto township, breaking into immigrant-owned shops and grabbing whatever they could — soda, a loaf of bread, sometimes even the shelves. Nearly 40 years ago, at the same intersection, young blacks marched to protest the white racist rulers of the time, drawing a bloody crackdown that shocked the world. The recent looting and unrest that hit Soweto and other areas around Johannesburg was not as bloody as the anti-apartheid demonstrations and the ensuing bloodshed in 1976. But it alarmed a nation built on the ideals of racial reconciliation and underscored that, two decades after apartheid was replaced by the promise of a "rainbow nation," many South Africans remain marginalized by a lack of economic opportunity. Resentment against foreigners stoked the looting and rioting in late January that killed six people and forced many shopkeepers to flee.
- 'Religion of peace' is not a harmless platitude. To face Islamist terror, we must face the facts about Islam's history. Douglas Murray.
- Obama: Charlie who?. Charles Krauthammer.
- In Graphic Photos and On Twitter, ISIS Members Record and Tout Executions of Gay Men. The attacks, which also include the stoning of an adulterer, appear to have taken place in Mosul and were distributed by ISIS social media accounts.
- Thrown from a roof, stoned to death and crucified: While the world reacts with horror to terror in Europe, new ISIS executions show the medieval brutality jihadists would bring to the West.
- Discovering a Lost and Forgotten Early Christian 'Gospel'. James D. Tabor.
- The Formidable Philosophical Obstacles to Islamic Constitutionalism, by Robert R. Reilly.
- Islamic State (ISIS) Releases Pamphlet On Female Slaves. The Research and Fatwa Department of the Islamic State (ISIS) has released a pamphlet on the topic of female captives and slaves. The pamphlet, which is dated Muharram 1436 (October/November 2014) and was printed by ISIS's publishing house, Al-Himma Library, is titled Su'al wa-Jawab fi al-Sabi wa-Riqab ("Questions and Answers on Taking Captives and Slaves"). It was presumably released in response to the uproar caused by the many reports this summer that ISIS had taken Yazidi girls and women as sex slaves. Written in the form of questions and answers, it clarifies the position of Islamic law (as ISIS interprets it) on various relevant issues, and states, among other things, that it is permissible to have sexual intercourse with non-Muslim slaves, including young girls, and that it is also permitted to beat them and trade in them.
- France sees fall in New Year's Eve car-burnings. The number of cars set alight in France on New Year's Eve fell significantly this year, the government has said. Some 12% fewer cars were set alight on Wednesday compared with 2013, in a measure of what has effectively become an annual event in French suburbs since riots in 2005 in Paris and elsewhere.
- Isis booklet issues guidelines to mothers on how to raise 'jihadi babies'.
- Angela Merkel issues New Year’s warning over rightwing Pegida group. German chancellor claims leaders of movement, referred to as ‘pinstripe Nazis’, are rooted in prejudice, coldness, and hatred.
- Raping and Beheading the Faithful. Muslim Persecution of Christians, August 2014. By Raymond Ibrahim.
- Muslims Hack Off Christian Man's Head After Forcing Him to Deny Jesus Christ and Salute Mohammed as 'Messenger of God'.
- Best photos of the year 2014.
- Faces of the hostages: Heroic Sydney cafe manager, 34, shot dead as he grabbed terrorist's gun to protect others - and the brilliant young barrister and mother of three, 38, who died in hospital after the siege.
- Germans Rise Up Against Islamization. Soeren Kern.
- He may have unravelled DNA, but James Watson deserves to be shunned. The scientist is crying poverty and selling his Nobel prize medal, but why should anyone be interested in his racist, sexist views? Adam Rutherford.
- The Encouragers: Jihadists' Agents of Influence, by Douglas Murray.
- ‘I am an unperson’: ‘Racist’ DNA discoverer James Watson forced to sell Nobel Prize medal.
- Awaiting the awakening. As I mentioned in my previous post, journalist and patriot Eric Zemmour is all over the place with interviews and a new book ominously entitled Le Suicide français. The title alone tells us that he has refashioned, in his own way, the thoughts of many writers before him who have also compared the current crisis to a national suicide, among them Renaud Camus, Alain Finkielkraut, Laurent Obertone, and Jean Raspail.
These excerpts from a longer interview (not online) are posted at Le Salon Beige.
- Thirteen Somali men convicted of running Bristol sex ring that targeted vulnerable British girls as young as 13. More than a dozen Somali men have been convicted of running an inner city sex ring where vulnerable British girls as young as 13 were abused, raped and forced into prostitution in the latest appalling case of organised abuse to blight yet another city.
- Fourteen Somali men guilty of running Bristol child sex ring. Judge questions why social services gave 16-year-old own flat which was taken over by Somali gang to sell drugs and abuse her.
- Muslim 'apostates' come out of hiding in Europe. A number of Muslims in Europe are publicly abandoning their religion to become Christians or agnostics despite their former community's taboo against such acts.
In France, the film "The Apostle" by filmmaker Cheyenne Carron has meanwhile lifted the veil on "apostasy" by telling the story of a young Muslim who converted to Catholicism and how he had trouble getting family and friends to accept his choice."It is time for us to stop hiding," said Pastor Said Oujibou, 46, who left radical Islam for evangelical protestantism and who is among the few converts to have publicised his decision in France.
He said he is "tolerated" by his former co-religionists, even if he admits to having sparked "sarcasm and annoyance" from them.
But he warned against the "double talk" that certain branches of Islam in France close to the Muslim Brotherhood and Salafists use toward apostate Muslims.
- Scandinavians are the earliest Europeans. Scientists have sequenced a 37,000-year-old genome. The results show that present-day Scandinavians are the closest living relatives to the first people in Europe.
- Female Indonesian police recruits forced to undergo ‘virginity tests’. Two-finger examination that leaves women traumatised, humiliated and in pain is listed as requirement to join force.
- Obama says the Islamic State ‘is not Islamic.’ Americans disagree. Aaron Blake.
- ‘ISIS’ vs. ‘ISIL’ vs. ‘Islamic State’: The political importance of a much-debated acronym. Jaime Fuller.
- Science Says Lasting Relationships Come Down To 2 Basic Traits. Emily Esfahani Smith, The Atlantic.
- An open letter to Ben Affleck. Eiynah.
- Transgender rights group campaigns for mixed school toilets. Girls and boys at secondary school should share the same toilet facilities so that transgender children do not have to choose which to use, according to gay and transgender rights group COC.
- The strong appeal of ISIL. Dr. Mordechai Kedar.
- Stretch Genes. A Troublesome Inheritance: Genes, Race and Human History, by Nicholas Wade. Reviewed by
H. Allen Orr.
- Don't Trouble Yourself. A Troublesome Inheritance: Genes, Race and Human History, by Nicholas Wade. Reviewed by Philip N. Cohen.
- Letters: ‘A Troublesome Inheritance’.
- The Fault in Our DNA - ‘A Troublesome Inheritance’ and ‘Inheritance’. A Troublesome Inheritance: Genes, Race and Human History, by Nicholas Wade. Reviewed by David Dobbs.
- Charging Into the Minefield of Genes and Racial Difference.
Nicholas Wade’s ‘A Troublesome Inheritance’. By Arthur Allen.
- Racism 2.0. This year (2014) has seen the publication of two extraordinarily important academic monographs on racism – its histories and legacies. In drafting a primer on racism entitled Hva er rasisme? [What is racism?] due out for publication in Norwegian with Universitetsforlaget in Oslo (a main academic publisher in Norway) in early 2015 in a series modelled on Oxford University Press’ excellent Very Short Introductions together with senior researcher Cora A. Døving at the HL-Centre in Oslo, I have found Prof Francisco Bethencourt’s and Prof Robert Wald Sussman’s to provide a wealth of interesting material. These are dense and detailed scholarly work, so I will not even attempt to summarize their content, but rather zone in on what to my mind is the most important lessons for the analysis of racism in the past and in the present that these works provide us with. Sindre Bangstad.
- Now is the time to slow down immigration. The right’s reaction to public concern has been dysfunctional – but we must take time to ease tensions and take stock of social consequences. By Paul Collier, professor of economics and public policy at the Blavatnik School of Government at the University of Oxford, and the author of Exodus: Immigration and Multiculturalism in the 21st Century.
- Eric Pickles takes over ‘rotten’ Tower Hamlets. Crackdown on London borough’s ‘partisan approach to politics’ represents one of his biggest interventions in local government.
- In Torrent of Rapes in Britain, an Uncomfortable Focus on Race and Ethnicity. ROCHDALE, England — Shabir Ahmed, a delivery driver for two takeout places, did not have to go looking for young girls. Runaways and rebellious teenagers would show up at the restaurants, often hungry and cold. He slipped them free drinks and chicken tikka masala. “Call me Daddy,” he would say. But soon, Mr. Ahmed, a father of four, would demand payback. In a room above one of the restaurants, according to testimony and evidence in later legal proceedings against him, he would play a pornographic DVD and pass around shots of vodka. Then, on a floor mattress with crumpled blue sheets and kitchen smells wafting from below, he raped them, and later forced them into sex with co-workers and friends, too. The girls were too scared of him to talk. And when they did, no one believed them. Once, a 15-year-old got so drunk and upset that she smashed a glass counter. Mr. Ahmed and his colleagues did not hesitate to call the police. After she was released, she was coerced into sex four or five times a week, sometimes with half a dozen men at a time, in apartments and taxis around Rochdale, a town in northwest England near Manchester.
- The sould of Europe. [...] In addition to anti-Semitic perversion, I have seen the overthrow of the very idea of Human Rights, which now includes polygamy in Paris and the prohibition of alcohol in areas of London and Brussels defined as “Sharia neighborhoods.” Human Rights now mean support by EU Foreign Minister Catherine Ashton for a hunger strike in an Israeli jail while hundreds of thousands of Syrians and Iraqis are dying. I have seen European judges releasing terrorists who conspire to carry out attacks under the rubric of “fighting for freedom.” I have seen TV that invites an ISIS terrorist to debate a famous Jewish left-wing Italian conductor. Over the years I have witnessed the subtle strengthening of an anti-Israeli point of view, both persistent and persecutory, that hides under a false pretense of peace. Fiamma Nirenstein.
- Freedom of speech quenched in Germany. A court in Bavaria, the largest state in Germany, has reaffirmed that it is lawful for the government to spy on citizens who are opposed to the construction of a controversial mega-mosque in Munich. The ruling effectively quashes a lawsuit filed by anti-mosque activists who argue that state surveillance is an intimidation tactic aimed at silencing public opposition to the mosque. The ruling comes just days after another court in Bavaria ordered a leading anti-mosque campaigner to pay a hefty fine for “defaming” Islam after he repeatedly warned that Islam is incompatible with democracy. Meanwhile, Munich city officials have announced that a public referendum on the mosque—now known as the Munich Forum for Islam—will not be allowed to take place, even though anti-mosque activists have gathered twice the number of signatures needed to allow local citizens to determine if the mosque should be built. Anti-mosque activists say the recent actions show that the enforcers of multiculturalism in Bavaria have determined that the mosque project will proceed, even if it requires bypassing the democratic process, and that public opposition to the project will be silenced, even it if entails trampling on the constitutional right to free speech.
- About Progress. Last Saturday, I published a post in Norwegian about the populist Progress Party, currently a junior partner in a Conservative-led government around here. It hadn’t occurred to me that it would be widely read (my blog was notoriously ignored and sadly neglected), but to my great surprise, it began to spread epidemically on Facebook within hours. The newspaper Dagbladet reproduced a distorted version of the gist (their reporter revealed a limited understanding of punctuation), stirring up a bit of controversy for a few hours. The other major media, to their considerable credit, respected my wish not to engage. I was busy (with, ironically, a conference on identity in situations of accelerated change) and had no desire, besides, to participate in political debate. Sensing a breeze brewing in a teapot, I emptied the teapot to prevent the tempest from developing; in a word, I took the post down. Notwithstanding, here it is again, with somewhat modified language (fewer colloquialisms and double entendres), and a bit of necessary context for the non-local readership – but it can doubtless be misunderstood again. Enjoy!. Thomas Hylland Eriksen.
- Numb to horror: Women walk past headless corpses in the street without raising an eyebrow in shocking video depicting life under ISIS rule.
WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT IN THE BELOW IMAGES AND VIDEO
Footage filmed in Raqqa shows decapitated corpses scattered in street
Syrian soldiers' heads have been impaled on spikes as a message to civilians
Civilians walk past scenes of unimaginable horror seemingly unaffected.
- Taxi firm which offered white drivers on demand after two of Pakistani origin were jailed for sex-grooming of girls backs down after its Asian drivers go on strike.
Rochdale minicab firm Car 2000 had offered white or local drivers on demand
Firm bought out Eagle Taxis which was at the centre of grooming scandal
Two drivers of Pakistani origin were jailed for part in sex trafficking and rape
Company boss said decision reversed after all 55 Asian drivers walked out.
- Taxi firm in Rochdale offers white drivers on demand after two of Pakistani origin were jailed for sex-grooming of girls in town.
Minicab firm Car 2000 says customers are asking for white or 'local' drivers
Firm bought out Eagle Taxis which was at the centre of grooming scandal
Two drivers of Pakistani origin were jailed for part in sex trafficking & rape
Labour MP Simon Danczuk has branded development 'extremely worrying'.
- Rochdale taxi firm admits providing white drivers on request. Car 2000 minicab company, which serves area where Asian grooming gangs have operated, says it is catering to demand.
- Report from Budapest. Jared Taylor, American Renaissance.
- Towards a World Brotherhood of Europeans. Jared Taylor, American Renaissance.
- ISIS releases sickening video clip showing Syrian woman being stoned to death by group of men - including her own father.
Shocking footage understood to have been filmed in Syrian city of Hama.
Cleric seen ranting at woman and accusing her of committing adultery.
Woman told to be 'content and happy' at stoning as it is ordered by God.
She pleads for her life before asking if her father could ever forgive her.
He responds telling her not to call him father, then orders murder to begin.
- Security services monitoring 'thousands' of terrorism suspects in London, says Boris Johnson. Mayor of London discloses that threat from Isil and other terrorist groups is larger than previously known.
- Islam and its interpretations. The way out is for an Islamic equivalent of the New Testament. Learned Islamic scholars need to put their heads together and present basic scriptures in a manner that the meaning and context of every “aayt” and every Hadith is made unambiguously clear, leaving no room for misinterpretation or misrepresentation. This annotated text should then be declared as the authorised version of Islamic beliefs. Otherwise, we will continue to struggle to understand what real Islam is while leaving the field open for fanatics to distort it at will.
By Hasan Suroor.
- Stop Denying the Obvious: Islam is a Problem. To defeat IS we should do more than just bomb its strongholds in the Middle East; we should no longer turn a blind eye to the violent nature of Islam. We should demand that those who settle in our countries cast aside values incompatible with ours. Last week, I proposed in the Dutch Parliament that we ask an oath of all people from Islamic countries who wish to be members of our society. In the oath they have to explicitly distance themselves from Sharia law and the violent verses in the Koran. Those who do not want to take the oath are no longer welcome. They should leave our country at once. This measure forces us to see the reality which Obama, Cameron and other Western leaders refuse to see: there is a huge problem – also in our countries – caused by the violent exhortations of Islam. Only when we face this truth, we will be able to win the war we are in. Geert Wilders. Hat tip Document.no.
- Seven active investigations into suspected South Yorkshire grooming gangs underway. Seven ‘significant’ investigations into suspected child grooming gangs are underway in South Yorkshire - including two in Rotherham, it has been revealed.
- Islam and the killing of 'innocents'. Denis MacEoin.
- It's not a small world after all: world population will soar. WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Contrary to some earlier projections, the world's population will soar through the end of the 21st century thanks largely to sub-Saharan Africa's higher-than-expected birth rates, United Nations and other population experts said on Thursday.
- Outraged Swiss village of 1,000 residents forced to raise taxes after African refugee mother-of-seven moves there and costs them £40,000 a month in benefits.
- Germany's "Sharia Police". Soeren Kern, Gatestone Institute (hat tip Document).
- Radical Islam: Muslims sexually enslaving children: A global phenomenon. Raymond Ibrahim.
- I fear Islamic extremism in these schools is just the tip of the iceberg. By Manzoor Moghal, chairman of the Muslim Forum, who warned 10 years ago in the Mail of militants targeting our schools.
- The chaos theory of evolution. New Scientist, 18 October 2010, Keith Bennett.
- Weep for slaughtered Christians, not for dialogue with Islam. Phil Lawler.
- Social Media and the ‘Spiral of Silence’. Pew Research Internet Project.
- The Making of a Disaster. LONDON — Almost 13 years after 9/11, a jihadi organization with a murderous anti-Western ideology controls territory in Iraq and Syria, which are closer to Europe and the United States than Afghanistan is. It commands resources and camps and even a Syrian military base. It spreads its propaganda through social media. It has set the West on edge through the recorded beheading of the American journalist James Foley — with the promise of more to come.
What went wrong? The United States and its allies did not go to war to eradicate Al Qaeda camps in Afghanistan only to face — after the expenditure of so much blood and treasure — a more proximate terrorist threat with a Qaeda-like ideology. The “war on terror,” it seems, produced only a metastasized variety of terror. Roger Cohen.
- 16% of French Citizens Support ISIS, Poll Finds.
- Muslims must be honest about Qur’an. Tarek Fatah, Toronto Sun.
- Just a Bit More Beheading than We Are Used To. Douglas Murray, Gatestone Institute.
- Do nothing, and we invite the tide of terror to our front door. As the problem of Isil worsens by the day, it is surely time to bring back control orders. Boris Johnson.
- Foley May Have Volunteered For Execution.
- Are we becoming more STUPID?. IQ scores are decreasing - and some experts argue it's because humans have reached their intellectual peak.
- 'Twice as Many' British Muslims Fighting for ISIS Than in UK Armed Forces. There are now more than twice as many British Muslims fighting for Islamic State than there are serving in the British armed forces, according to a British Member of Parliament (MP). Khalid Mahmood, the MP for Perry Barr in Birmingham, estimates that at least 1,500 young British Muslims have been recruited by extremists fighting in Iraq and Syria in the last three years.
- Muslim, Zionist and Proud. I am a Zionist, a proud Muslim Zionist, and I love Israel, but this was not always the case. In fact, for many years I was quite the extreme opposite. I experienced the high levels of anti-Semitism and anti-Israel activity taking place on British university campuses, because I was the anti-Semitic, anti-Israel activist.
Growing up in the Muslim community in the UK I was exposed to materials and opinions at best condemning Israel, painting Jews as usurpers and murderers, and at worse calling for the wholesale destruction of the "Zionist Entity" and all Jews. In short, there was no accommodating a Jewish State in the Middle East.
- Families' outrage at Libya war graves desecration. Families of British Second World War soldiers whose graves were desecrated by extremists in Libya have spoken of their outrage at the attacks.
- Hague Mayor will ban protest. The Hague’s Mayor Jozias van Aartsen will make the executive decision to ban a new anti-IS (formerly ISIS) protest in the Schilderswijk planned for next month, in an effort to stem the possibility of violent clashes erupting between supporters and opposers of IS in the city. According to sources for the Algemeen Dagblad, the Mayor says that the chance of riots at the demonstration is too high. In June, there were two separate occasions in which demonstrators openly showed support for the radicalized islamic terrorist organization IS. A protest against IS last Sunday got out of hand to the extent that demonstrators and IS-sympathizers clashed.
- Trapped in an ISIS Prison, And There May Be No U.S. Rescue. The siege on Iraq’s Mt. Sinjar may have broken. But ISIS has taken hundreds, if not thousands, of Iraq’s ethnic minorities prisoner. They’re begging for help before it’s too late.
- Are "Integrated Muslims" Integrated?. Douglas Murray.
- China: Chinese Eugenics?. Ron Unz, The American Conservative.
- Chinese Eugenics: Ron Unz’s “How Social Darwinism Made Modern China”.
- How Social Darwinism Made Modern China. A thousand years of meritocracy shaped the Middle Kingdom. Ron Unz, The American Conservative.
- Chinese project probes the genetics of genius. Bid to unravel the secrets of brainpower faces scepticism. Ed Yong, Nature.
- China Is Engineering Genius Babies. It’s not exactly news that China is setting itself up as a new global superpower, is it? While Western civilization chokes on its own gluttony like a latter-day Marlon Brando, China continues to buy up American debt and lock away the world’s natural resources. But now, not content to simply laugh and make jerk-off signs as they pass us on the geopolitical highway, they’ve also developed a state-endorsed genetic-engineering project.
At BGI Shenzhen, scientists have collected DNA samples from 2,000 of the world’s smartest people and are sequencing their entire genomes in an attempt to identify the alleles which determine human intelligence. Apparently they’re not far from finding them, and when they do, embryo screening will allow parents to pick their brightest zygote and potentially bump up every generation's intelligence by five to 15 IQ points. Within a couple of generations, competing with the Chinese on an intellectual level will be like challenging Lena Dunham to a getting-naked-on-TV contest.
Geoffrey Miller, an evolutionary psychologist and lecturer at NYU, is one of the 2,000 braniacs who contributed their DNA. I spoke to him about what this creepy-ass program might mean for the future of Chinese kids.
- Chinese Eugenics Factory Collects “Genius” DNA To Breed “Enhanced” People. Jurriaan Maessen, Infowars.com.
- When Research Turns Ugly: Beyond Geoffrey Miller’s Fat-Shaming Tweet. A University of New Mexico evolutionary psychologist ignited a firestorm of angry response with a crude observation that he’s claiming was research. But Miller’s tweet is representative of a bigger problem. Ford Vox, Pacific Standard Magazine.
- The Big Questions: Eugenics and Ethno-States. Kevin MacDonald.
- Outrageously bad “Chinese Eugenics” article published on Edge.org. In Edge.org‘s 2013 collection ‘What Should We Be Worried About?’, the first piece is ‘Chinese Eugenics‘ by Geoffrey Miller. It’s one of the worst nonsense-mines I’ve ever tumbled into. Apart from being classic, semi-racist “China is going to take over the world” fear-mongering, it’s also wildly inaccurate and misleading, and just completely wrong in many places.
- Islamic extremist shakes Sweden with TV threat. An Islamic extremist who threatened Sweden on Arabic TV has police on alert. One terror expert says the threat should be taken seriously, and that Sweden is in desperate need of a counter-extremism programme.
- Who Said It? Some Amazing Flip-Flops on Same-Sex Marriage. Michael Brown.
- An Open Letter To Moderate Muslims. Michael Brown.
- 'Hamas wants Israel completely destroyed'. Ayaan Hirsi Ali, one of the world's most prominent fighters against radical Islam, defends Israel's right to fight Hamas, says the West is refusing to recognize the danger of growing Muslim extremism • "Netanyahu should get a Nobel Peace Prize," she says.
- ESA’s Rosetta close to comet. After a decade-long journey chasing its target, ESA’s Rosetta has today become the first spacecraft to rendezvous with a comet, opening a new chapter in Solar System exploration.
- Decline and Fall of Western Civilization By Daniel Greenfield. It is hard for most people to grasp and understand that they are living through the period of the decline and eventually destruction of their countries and their entire way of life, yet that is what we are seeing now.
The European continent, the core of Western civilization is collapsing. European birth rates have fallen below replacement rates [and the continent is headed towards] economic collapse.
- Genes more important than environment for mental illness: study. Living in a disadvantaged area does not increase your risk to develop mental illness, according to a new Swedish study. Genes are a much more important factor.
- How mass migration hurts us all: No, it's not the Mail saying this, but the verdict of a top Left-wing economist from Cambridge. Minor economic benefits of migration are 'outweighed by social pressures'.
Professor Robert Rawthorn gave the stark warning in think-tank report.
The verdict pushes against pro-migration studies published in recent years.
- Islamic State Releases ‘Eid Greetings’ Video Purporting to Show Foreign Fighters.
- ISIS Crucifies 8 Christians in Syria for Apostasy From Islam.
- Afro-Chinese marriages boom in Guangzhou: but will it be 'til death do us part'?. Guangzhou is witnessing many Afro-Chinese marriages, but the mainland's lack of citizenship rights for husbands and a crackdown on foreign visas means families live in fear of being torn apart, writes Jenni Mars.
- Tibetan altitude gene inherited 'from extinct species'. A gene that allows present-day people to cope with life at high altitude was inherited from an extinct species of human, Nature journal has reported.
- Magnus Carlsen's Parents on Raising the World's Best Chess Player. The family of the unmatched chess prodigy gave him time to find his passion, but never went easy on him.
- Wading in the Zeitgeist. Like apparently everybody who can read, still a probable majority in the U.S., I have just finished Nicholas Wade’s A Troublesome Inheritance, which deals with the genetics of human behavior, race, intelligence, how they came about, and related things about which one must never, ever state the obvious. It is a fine book: cogent, well-informed, devoid of political propaganda. Anyone interested in the foregoing matters should read it. If you are a Democrat, have it shipped in a package marked Weird Sex Books to protect your reputation. It is creating a great disturbance among professors, the right-thinking press, those college students who have heard of it, race panders, and related herbivores. This is curious. Reduced to a sentence, Wade says that genes have a lot to do with human outcomes. Its major conclusions have been accepted or suspected forever in every blue-collar bar in the country. Yet they are a shock in faculty lounges. By Fred Reed. For criticism of the book, see e.g. Andrew Sullivan.
- Rural school deemed 'too white' by Ofsted visits London to mix with ethnic pupils.
- Palestinian professor resigns over students' trip to Auschwitz. Mohammed Dajani leaves post at Al Quds University after months of death threats, riots and intimidation over field trip to former Nazi concentration camp.
- A commentary on the collection of the Quran to a single book.
- Bodies of 800 babies, long-dead, found in septic tank at former Irish home for unwed mothers.
- A Heated Debate: Are Climate Scientists Being Forced to Toe the Line?. After joining a controversial lobby group critical of climate change, meteorologist Lennart Bengtsson claims he was shunned by colleagues, leading him to quit. Some scientists complain pressure to conform to consensus opinion has become a serious hindrance in the field. News that Lennart Bengtsson, the respected former director of Germany's Max Planck Institute for Meteorology, had joined the Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF), sent shockwaves through the climate research community. GWPF is most notable for its skepticism about climate change and its efforts to undermine the position of the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). The tremors his decision sent through the scientific community shocked Bengtsson.
- What Happens When A Palestinian Doesn’t Hate Israel Enough?.
- Medieval slave trade routes in Eastern Europe extended from Finland and the Baltic Countries to Asia. The routes of slave trade in Eastern Europe in the medieval and pre-modern period extended all the way to the Caspian Sea and Central Asia. A recent study completed at the University of Eastern Finland suggests that persons captured during raids into areas which today constitute parts of Finland, the Russian Karelia and the Baltic Countries ended up being sold on these remote trade routes. There was a particular demand for blonde girls and boys who were seen as exotic luxury items, and it was financially beneficial to transport them to the far-away markets. The study by Professor Jukka Korpela was published as a General Article in Russian History.
- Artists 'have structurally different brains'. Artists have structurally different brains compared with non-artists, a study has found. Participants' brain scans revealed that artists had increased neural matter in areas relating to fine motor movements and visual imagery. The research, published in NeuroImage, suggests that an artist's talent could be innate.
But training and environmental upbringing also play crucial roles in their ability, the authors report. As in many areas of science, the exact interplay of nature and nurture remains unclear.
- We're being dragged into a new Cold War by a puffed-up bullfrog (and I don't mean President Putin). Yet the silly, half-educated politicians of today still like to pose as tough guys with the following formula, addressed to anyone who suggests that Russia might have a case over Ukraine and Crimea. It goes: ‘Putin is Hitler. You are Neville Chamberlain. I am Winston Churchill – hear me roar.’ Apart from knowing nothing about European history, and apart from their bone-headed inability to distinguish Christian Russia from the communist USSR, these people also don’t understand what is going on in Ukraine. Peter Hitchens's Mail on Sunday column.
- Notes for Revolutionaries. Why the regime must fall. James Kalb, Against Inclusiveness: How the Diversity Regime is Flattening America and the West and What to Do About It, Angelico Press, 2013. Jared Tailor, AmRen.
- Fighting the homogenous regime of dull diversity. A review of James Kalb’s new book, Against Inclusiveness: How the Diversity Regime is Flattening America and the West and What to Do About It. Jerry Salyer, The Catholic World Report.
- Review of Against Inclusiveness by James Kalb.
- Against Inclusiveness by James Kalb.
- Suffocated by Diversity: A Review of “Against Inclusiveness” by James Kalb.
- Spain: meningitis alarm in Melilla migrant centre. Prevention and isolation protocol launched for 226 people.
- Language Barriers. Stephen Wolfram claims he can make the world computable. Is he on to something? By David Auerbach.
- Minority Male Students Face Challenge to Achieve at Community Colleges. Although black and Latino male students enter community colleges with higher aspirations than those of their white peers, white men are six times as likely to graduate in three years with a certificate or degree, according to a report released on Wednesday by the Center for Community College Student Engagement at the University of Texas here. The report’s findings are all the more puzzling, it says, given that minority men are more engaged than their white classmates in tutoring, study-skills sessions, and other practices the center identifies as key to college success.
- Malaysia's ethnic tensions rise as its economy declines. Robust economic growth has long played a key role in smoothing over tensions between Malaysia's different ethnic groups. But with that growth sputtering, resentment over the government's preferential treatment of ethnic Malays may soon boil over.
- Scientists see traces of European colonialism, Mongol empire in human genes. Tell-tale relics of Europe's colonial period, the Mongol empire and the Arab slave trade can be found in the genes of modern humans, scientists said Thursday. Researchers from Britain and Germany used almost 1,500 DNA samples from 95 different populations across the world to produce a map showing genetic links stretching back 4,000 years. By examining the moment when a particular part of DNA first appears, they were able to tie the genetic mixing of populations to historical events. Some of these links have long been assumed, but others came as a surprise, said Daniel Falush, a researcher at the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany, who co-authored the paper published in the journal Science.
- The Folly of Open Borders. We Europeans do not have an obligation to destroy ourselves. Africans, Muslims and others are adults and should be able to fix their own problems. Moreover, Europe and the wider Western world simply don’t have the strength to fix all of the problems of Africa, the Islamic countries and the rest of the developing world, even if we wanted to. We constitute a rapidly shrinking part of the world’s population and economy. Moreover, we have plenty of unemployment, debt and other problems of our own to deal with. It’s nice to be kind and humanitarian, but the enormous migration waves we are currently facing are unprecedented in recorded human history, both in speed and in sheer numbers. At some point, the issue will no longer be about our humanitarian ideals or feeling good about ourselves. It will be about a fundamental question: Do we want something recognizable as European civilization to exist and flourish a century from now? If so, then the Utopian and dangerously naïve ideal of open borders simply cannot be sustained for much longer. Fjordman.
- 11 arrested for serving human meat at Nigerian hotel restaurant: report . Two human heads were found at an unnamed hotel restaurant and wrapped in cellophane, according to a report out of Anambra, Nigeria, in which police were tipped off to the restaurant allegedly serving human meat in burgers.
- A Picture of Detroit Ruin, Street by Forlorn Street.
- 4 charged in Detroit triple murder; police say victims stabbed, tortured, house torched.
- Why Bach Moves Us. George B. Stauffer reviews Bach: Music in the Castle of Heaven, by John Eliot Gardiner, Knopf, 629 pp.
- Grenade thrown into Malmö family's flat. A grenade was thrown into a family's home in central Malmö early on Sunday morning. Police say that it is a "miracle" no one was killed and are treating the case as attempted murder against three children and their two parents.
- Ancient European hunter-gatherer was a blue-eyed boy. An ancient hunter-gatherer whose remains were found in a Spanish cave has a genome surprisingly similar to modern humans. The male, who lived 7000 years ago, had blue eyes and a host of immunity genes that were thought to have evolved later. In 2006, two exceptionally preserved human skeletons were found in a cave in Leon, Spain. Carles Lalueza-Fox of Pompeu Fabra University in Barcelona extracted DNA from one of the skeleton's teeth, and his team has now sequenced the whole genome. New Scientist.
- Breivik’s Confession and the Media’s Silence. From his prison cell, the confessed mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik in January 2014 circulated a letter in which he repudiated all association with the Counterjihad and anti-Islamists. He gloated over how easy it was to fool the Western mainstream media (MSM) into supporting his intended witch-hunt on peaceful anti-Islamists.
- Breivik’s “Double-Psychology”. Two weeks ago we published a translated article from Expo (the original is here) in which Anders Behring Breivik repudiated all association with the Counterjihad. In a letter sent out to various email outlets, the Butcher of Utøya told the world that his purported admiration for Fjordman, Robert Spencer, Bat Ye’or, et al. had just been a ruse on his part, and that his real ideological commitment was to what he calls “ethno-nationalism” or “nordicism”. He had embraced the Counterjihad in order to damage it, and to draw attention away from his allies among white nationalists and neo-Nazis. Baron Bodissey.
- Amid Debate on Migrants, Norway Party Comes to Fore.
- “Everyone steals from you on the way”. Each year thousands of Africans try to cross the Sahara to reach Europe. En route, many die and many just get trapped, unable to go on and unable to get back home.
- We want a United States of Europe says top EU official. Voters must decide for or against a United States of Europe during EU elections this spring, says vice president of the European Commission.
- France: The Looming Battle over Muslim Integration. By Soeren Kern.
- Former Saudi Shura Council Member Ibrahim al-Buleihi, interviewed by al-Arabiya TV. Emphasising the importance of the West.
- Oslo’s rapid growth redefines Nordic identity. By Maddy Savage, BBC News, Oslo, Norway.
- Freedom of the press worldwide 2013 (map).
- What Future for Whites in South Africa?. Fjordman.
- Arrested because he joked about Mandela: Police hold shopkeeper for eight hours, take his DNA and seize his computer - after local councillor objects to off-colour internet comments.
- Lexical Distance Among the Languages of Europe.
- Jesus the Muslim. Christian theologian Vicky Beeching hears these and other stories about Jesus the Muslim from Cambridge scholar Tim Winter, also known as Sheikh Abdal Hakim Murad, who was once named by an institute in Jordan as one of the world’s most influential Muslims. We also hear about the role Jesus played in his own decision to convert to Islam – and what he thinks Christians and Muslims can learn from each other’s attitudes to Jesus. (Radio interview, Things Unseen)
- California's Latinos now a majority, lagging in academic achievement.
- Abuse of Australian cattle exported to Gaza – video. The Guardian. The footage, filmed by local civilians and uploaded to YouTube, shows cattle tied to poles, trees and vehicles before being stabbed in the neck and eyes. One animal was kneecapped by shots from an assault rifle. Animals Australia said the footage, filmed during a ritual called the "festival of sacrifice", was some of the worst seen in a series of animal welfare outrages involving Australian cattle. WARNING: CONTAINS EXTREMELY GRAPHIC IMAGES.
- Portugal Decriminalized All Drugs Eleven Years Ago And The Results Are Staggering.
- Map shows world's 'most racist' countries (and the answers may surprise you). Jordan and India named the world's least tolerant countries
U.S., Britain, Canada and South America are among the least racist
Survey asks people if they would want neighbours of a different race.
- Mandela mum about systematic murder of whites. Exclusive: Ilana Mercer explains how late leader established 'official racial socialism'. Ilana Mercer.
- Telling Stories: Music. Music is a powerful force. The rhythm of nature: the sound of a birdcall, the crash of wave, the roar of wind, the whistling of trees, can elevate one’s heart and stir one’s soul. Emel, Issue 100.
- Tom Stoppard's Daring 'Dark Side Of The Moon' Makeover. Robin Hilton.
- I Want an American Baby! Chinese Women Flock to the U.S. to Give Birth. Lured by U.S. citizenship for their children, thousands of Chinese women give birth annually in the States, supporting a thriving birth-tourism industry.
- Corruption rife in the Pakistani community, says minister. Corruption in parts of Pakistani community is growing problem that politicians have underestimated, Government’s chief legal adviser says.
- Corruption problem among some UK minorities, says MP.
- Roger Scruton: The questions that have no answers. Our nature as questioning beings seems to have a huge cost. And maybe we are no longer prepared to pay it.
- Police force 500 people including scores of children out of French Roma camp after complaints about makeshift shacks.
Camp was along railway tracks in a suburb in the north of Paris
More than half the residents left last night after being warned of crackdown
It is the latest in a series of moves against Roma camps by French police
More than 10,000 French Roma forced out in first half of 2013.
- Norway Notices Diverse Crime Problem: Half Of Oslo Residents Say They Fear Immigrant Street Crime.
- Magnus Carlsen made chess look sexy – now he's world champion. Fans hope historic win by player likened to Harry Potter will help the game recapture its former status.
- Sweden: Leading Social Democrat "The White Majority is the Problem". YouTube.
- Exodus: Immigration and Multiculturalism in the 21st Century by Paul Collier – review.
Is immigration advantageous, and for whom? Colin Kidd on a humane and sensible voice in a highly toxic debate. [...] Collier parts company with those economists who champion open-doors migration on the grounds that it maximises "global utility"; that, because the gainers gain so much more than the losers lose, the losers' interests can simply be written off. He argues instead that nations are "legitimate moral units" that must be taken seriously – whether small poor nations, with their intractable and worsening problems, or successful modernised nations. Post-national visionaries forget that it is "the fruits of successful nationhood" that attract migrants in the first place.
- The liberal betrayal of freedom. Domenico Losurdo, the author of Liberalism: A Counter-History, tells spiked that the principle of liberty continues to be too important to be left in the hands of liberals. Tim Black.
- Two Golden Dawn supporters shot dead in drive-by in Greece. Shooting comes two months after fatal stabbing of anti-fascist rapper.
- Codebases - millions of lines of code. Information is beautiful.
- Check Out Norway's HonestThinking.org.
- When Swedes are molested, the answer is silence. Erik Björkman, 22, was attacked because he was Swedish. He died last week, probably as a result of blows to his head. Last weekend Daniel Spansk was molested because he is a politician belonging to Svenskarnas Parti [The Party of the Swedes]. The Swedish media didn’t mention any of these deeds with one word.
- Ethiopia: Population Bomb.
- Africa's population to double to 2.4 billion by 2050. Africa’s population will more than double to 2.4 billion within 40 years, according to a major study, thanks in large part to better health care.
- Africa's population set to double to 2.4billion by 2050 due to better medicine and improved health care.
- Political Diversity: German Parliament Sees Ethnic Mobilization.
- As the Labour leader reacts angrily to our critique of his Marxist father... We repeat: This man did hate Britain.
- Why my father loved Britain, by Ed Miliband.
- The man who hated Britain: Red Ed's pledge to bring back socialism is a homage to his Marxist father. So what did Miliband Snr really believe in? The answer should disturb everyone who loves this country.
- “Islamic Science” or Islamic Propaganda?. June 14, 2013 By Bruce Bawer.
- The Average Women Faces in Different Countries. A photographer took more than 4000 photos of women from different countries. The faces were mixed and here is the result.
- French rally in support of vigilante Riviera jeweller. The fatal shooting of a suspected thief by a jeweller in Nice this week, has plunged France into a row about the use of force in the defense of property. A Facebook group supporting the businessman, charged with murder, has gained nearly 500,000 followers.
- Blunt words about Muslim backwardness. Mark Steyn.
- The Marxist-Leninist Roots of the European Union. An Interview with Vladimir Bukovsky.
- A Discussion On Race, Crime And The Inconvenient Facts. By John F Gaski.
- The Barren Wombs of Smart Women. By Jim Goad.
- Low IQs are Africa's curse, says lecturer. Researcher accused of promoting racist stereotype wins backing from LSE (from 2006).
- Why Was Enoch Powell Condemned as a Racist and Not Charles de Gaulle?. Daniel Pipes.
- Pleiotropy, g, and specific learning abilities. Summary for those wishing to follow science but who can't do math:
consider many pairs of individuals and ask to what extent similarity in
genotype is related to similarity in phenotype (g score, specific
ability score, height, weight, etc.). From this analysis one can
estimate the extent to which genes influence phenotype (heritability),
and to what extent the same genes are influencing two different traits (e.g., height and weight, or reading ability and general cognitive ability g).
- Poisonous “Authenticity”. Jeremiah Wright draws on a long line of Afrocentric charlatans. City Journal, 2008.
- The amazing, surprising, Africa-driven demographic future of the Earth, in 9 charts.
- It Must Be Said. There are facts that were once known, sometimes generally known, that are now known to but a few. Gregory Cochran.
- A Declaration of War - From the Youth of France. YouTube.
- Racial homogeneity in early childhood may affect brain. Kids who lived in orphanages have difficulty interpreting emotions on faces with foreign features.
- Science Is Not Your Enemy. An impassioned plea to neglected novelists, embattled professors, and tenure-less historian. Steven Pinker.
- Glenn Back awakens to the color of crime. Ilana Mercer.
- Facts behind the headlines of the Marte Deborah Dalelv Dubai sex case.
- Laughing thugs poured acid over mother as she walked her six-year-old twins home from school.
- Gene breakthrough shows Neanderthals in new light.
- Why does the impartial BBC not tell the story of the great majority?. Our self-righteous national broadcaster is woefully detached from voters’ real lives.
- The Hamburg-Altona Intifada.
- The New Appeasement. Fjordman.
- Shooting the Messenger. Fjordman.
- Narcissists' Lack of Empathy Detected in Brain Scans.
- Climate Expert von Storch: Why Is Global Warming Stagnating. Climate experts have long predicted that temperatures would rise in parallel with greenhouse gas emissions. But, for 15 years, they haven't. In a SPIEGEL interview, meteorologist Hans von Storch discusses how this "puzzle" might force scientists to alter what could be "fundamentally wrong" models.
- Green Sahara: African Humid Periods Paced by Earth's Orbital Changes. Paleoclimate and archaeological evidence tells us that, 11,000-5,000 years ago, the Earth's slow orbital 'wobble' transformed today's Sahara desert to a land covered with vegetation and lakes.
- Charles Le Gai Eaton obituary. Scholar and Muslim convert who wrote extensively on his faith.
- The Talented Mr Gai Eaton. Samia Rahman meets writer and scholar Charles LeGai Eaton to reflect upon life, spirituality and the tumult of our times. Emel, Issue 1 Sept / Oct 2003.
- Sahara Went from Green to Desert in a Flash.
- Female teacher beheaded and three others tortured by Papua New Guinea villagers who believed them to be witches. Helen Rumbali was dragged from her home tortured and beheaded in public.
Villagers said fire flies led them to her house - a sign she was a witch.
They accused her of killing another villager - who died from sickness - with her sorcery.
- Muslim World Must Declare Zero Tolerance for Militant Jihadists.
- Race, Ethnicity and Nationalism. Sheikh Salman al-Oadah, Islam Today.
- Islamic Views of Ethnicity and Race - Bibliography.
- Turkey's Hadith Project: Diyanet Presents Prophet's Sayings For The 21st Century.
- Link Between Islam And Violence Rejected By Many Americans After Boston Bombings: Pew Survey.
- As a Muslim, I Struggle With the Idea Of Homosexuality - But I Oppose Homophobia.
- Honolulu could be America's next Detroit.
- The Tories are just as desperate as Labour to hide the real truth about immigration.
- American Idol. George Zimmerman has been declared “not guilty,” but he will never be free. America, too, will likely never be free of the Zimmerman case and those like it—the seemingly endless cycle of televised controversies that act as proxy race wars. Richard Spencer.
- George Zimmerman’s relevant past. The Washington Post.
- Rebirth of nation states and the future of Europe. Geert Wilders.
- Thieves 'stole from victims of train crash'. Callous, opportunistic thieves from Brétigny-sur-Orge, where a train derailed killing six people last Friday, threw stones at police and rescue workers and stole possessions from accident victims, an explosive new police document has alleged.
- Violence erupts in France over police check of veiled Muslim woman. Some 250 people stone police station in Paris suburb after man arrested for assaulting officer during identity check of wife.
- Britain: "Rape Jihad" Against Children. By Soeren Kern.
- Three Cheers for TAG [Together Against Grooming]. By Douglas Murray.
- Immigration backlog of 500,000 cases will take 37 years to clear, say MPs. Parliamentary watchdog warns Home Office that axed UK Border Agency needs more than just rebranding.
- Swedishness must be split from being white. Sweden needs a new story better equipped to deal with and include today's demographic diversity and create a new Swedishness that is separate from whiteness, write representatives from the Multicultural Centre (Mångkulturellt centrum) in Botkyrka near Stockholm. Christina Zedell, Willy Viitala, Leif Magnusson and Tobias Hübinette.
- Neanderthal culture: Old masters. The earliest known cave paintings fuel arguments about whether Neanderthals were the mental equals of modern humans. Tim Appenzeller, Nature.
- Fossils indicate common ancestor for two primate groups. Find suggests Old World monkeys and apes diverged 25 million years ago. Chris Palmer, Nature.
- Chinese Eugenics. Geoffrey Miller (answering The Edge question: What should we be worried about?).
- Ancient Europeans Mysteriously Vanished 4,500 Years Ago.
- Sexes et races, deux réalités. Par Nancy Huston et Michel Raymond.
- Two Terrorists and a Double Standard. Fjordman’ss latest essay concerns the contrast between media coverage of the massacre in Norway by Anders Behring Breivik, and the kid-glove treatment granted the Toulouse murderer Mohammed Merah.
- Schools push a curriculum of anti-white propaganda.
- Prostitution and harm: a reply to Anderson and McDougall. Ole Martin Moen, Journal of Medical Ethics.
- Is prostitution harmful? (links to full article as well as replies from other academics). Ole Martin Moen, Journal of Medical Ethics.
- My Medical Choice. Breast cancer. By Angelina Jolie.
- History lessons the West refuses to learn. World View: After the Great War, Britain and France carved up the Middle East between them. Now, plans for Syria have the same potential for disaster. Patrick Cockburn.
- Selling Out Western Culture in Norway. March 20, 2013 By Bruce Bawer.
- From Wilders to Muhammad. A former member of Geert Wilders’s anti-immigration Freedom Party has converted to Islam.
- Quality, Not Equality. Alex Kurtagic's review of The Specious Origins of Liberalism,
- Gang Rape of a Child in Trondheim.
- South Africa Leads World in Rape Cases.
- 'Too many foreigners in France', French say.
- Gene flow from India to Australia about 4,000 years ago. Australia is thought to have remained largely isolated between its initial colonization around 40,000 years ago and the arrival of Europeans in the late 1800s. A study led by researchers of the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany, now finds evidence of substantial gene flow between Indian populations and Australia about 4,000 years ago. In addition, the researchers found a common origin for Australian, New Guinean and the Philippine Mamanwa populations. These populations followed an early southern migration route out of Africa, while other populations settled in the region only at a later date.
- France's censorship demands to Twitter are more dangerous than 'hate speech'. Few ideas have done as much damage throughout history as empowering the government to criminalize opinions it dislikes.
- Martin Lings. Islamic scholar concerned with spiritual crisis (published 2005). By Gai Eaton.
- Holy Cow! First Cheesemakers Date Back 7,500 Years. The first direct signs of cheesemaking now seen in potsherds from Poland may help reveal how animal milk dramatically shaped the genetics of Europe, scientists reported.
- Art of cheese-making is 7,500 years old. Neolithic pottery fragments from Europe reveal traces of milk fats.
- Origin of the Romani People Pinned Down. Europe's largest minority group, the Romani, migrated from northwest India 1,500 years ago, new genetic study finds.
- Speech to Swedish Free Press Society, 27 October 2012, Geert Wilders.
- White Student Union Proposed At Towson University By Matthew Heimbach Sparks Controversy.
- Is Anders Behring Breivik the Nordic Che Guevara?. Fjordman.
- 'Anti-white racism': The talk of the town.
- Europeans did not inherit pale skins from Neanderthals.
- Nigerian student lynching video prompts protests.
- ‘For Gaddafi, rape was a weapon’.
- Guidelines for Educators on Countering Intolerance and Discrimination against Muslims: Addressing Islamophobia through Education. OSCE (Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe) .
- Diversity spreads to all corners of the U.S. The number of nearly all-white communities has plummeted since 1980, dramatic evidence that the nation's growing racial and ethnic diversity has spread far beyond large metropolitan centers into smaller towns and rural parts of the heartland, new research shows.
- What About Wisdom and Morality?. The smarter people are, the more complicated the way they handle problems which would otherwise have a simple solution. They get lost in theories and analysis, and forget about real, harsh life. People give so much importance to that almighty IQ, anyway. For them, only intelligence counts, whereas there are other elements which are even more important than intelligence, and these element are wisdom and morality. Taking the oft-much mentioned example of Norway, people there may well be very very smart, but their level of wisdom seems to be extremely low. What is the advantage of having a high IQ if one is self-doomed to disappear? Driving oneself into cultural — and eventually collective national suicide — does not seem to be a wise way of behaving, regardless of the given level of genius. Is this an intelligent/high IQish way of behaving? So how many kinds of intelligence are there in the end? What kind of profit do they get from their high IQ, if they doom themselves?
I’ve said on more than one occasion that intelligence is overrated. All the arguments about race and IQ seem to miss the point: from an empirical standpoint, those ethnicities with genes favoring high IQ are losing out in the Darwinian struggle. Low-IQ groups are winning. It’s not just white Europeans. The Japanese, who have an even higher average IQ than we do, are also non-breeding themselves into oblivion. And Ashkenazi Jews — the smartest people on the planet — are leading the March of the Western Lemmings over the cliff of history.
- So you think you understand the cosmological argument?. Most people who comment on the cosmological argument demonstrably do not know what they are talking about. This includes all the prominent New Atheist writers. Edward Feser.
- The false allure of group selection. I am often asked whether I agree with the new group selectionists, and the questioners are always surprised when I say I do not. After all, group selection sounds like a reasonable extension of evolutionary theory and a plausible explanation of the social nature of humans. Also, the group selectionists tend to declare victory, and write as if their theory has already superseded a narrow, reductionist dogma that selection acts only at the level of genes. In this essay, I'll explain why I think that this reasonableness is an illusion. The more carefully you think about group selection, the less sense it makes, and the more poorly it fits the facts of human psychology and history. Steven Pinker.
- The Mass Media’s Verdict?. I have abstained from making any firm conclusions regarding Anders Behring Breivik’s sanity, given that I have never met him and due to the fact that he genuinely appears to represent a complicated and very special case. He is obviously twisted, but this does not automatically mean that one is unable to comprehend the consequences of one’s actions. No matter what label you put on him, however, he is atypical. Breivik is abnormal even among the abnormal. Peder Jensen a.k.a. Fjordman.
- Race and intelligence controversy: Trending topics.
- Analysis: Europe far right shuns Breivik's acts, flirts with ideas. (Reuters) - Norwegian mass killer Anders Behring Breivik may have failed to ignite a race war with Muslims, but he succeeded in stoking anxieties about the stability of Europe's increasingly diverse societies.
- Report: Toulouse gunman Merah "not such a lone wolf".
- Intelligence expert prof. Helmuth Nyborg: I.Q. down because of mass immigration.
- Prediction: Oslo District Court judgement will find Breivik 'Insane' .
- What is a racist?. Steve Browne.
- Review of Beyond Human Nature, by Jesse J. Prinz. Brenton Sanderson.
- Death to Modernity. To create, you must first destroy. That is the implication behind the French (but in reality European) New Right’s Manifesto for a European Renaissance, authored by Alain de Benoist and Charles Champetier thirteen years ago and recently republished in book form by Arktos Media. Alex Kurtagic.
- One year after terrorism struck Norway: taking stock. Key figures in the Norwegian media have acted on the assumption that open confrontation with right-wing bloggers and activists is the most effective strategy to combat extremism.
Anders Ravik Jupskås and Tore Wig.
- Breivik and the Norwegian immigration debate. There is a limit to how much you can learn about moderates by looking at extremists. And if you stop noticing the difference altogether, you are well on your way to becoming an extremist. Bjørn Stærk.
- John Derbyshire's Response to Jared Taylor on Miscegenation.
- “Race Purists”—Are They “Slightly Nuts”?. Jared Taylor Responds To John Derbyshire.
- John Derbyshire On Immigration, Liberty, and Mating Choices.
- The Left Distorts Breivik's Mental World, by Daniel Pipes, July 22, 2012.
- Ritorno a Oslo: viaggio nel luogo della bomba. Siamo entrati nel compund governativo dove il 22 luglio di un anno fa, Breivik fece saltare il suo ordigno. Parla Ole Jorgen Anfindsen, il blogger conservatore che il killer ha citato nel suo documento: "Ma i problemi da lui sollevati, in parte sono reali". Il criminologo Tore Bjorke: "Sul web almeno settemila persone parlano di quei temi. E se là fuori ci fosse un altro come lui?"
- Dall'"Islamofobia" alla strage di Breivik l'estrema destra del Nord ora fa paura.
- Breivik Trial Day 31: Experts, anti-Islamists, Norwegian right-wing extremists, and neo-Nazis take the stand. The first witness to appear in court was history, politics and religion expert Ole Jørgen Arnfindsen who went through a presentation about Anders Behring Breivik’s perception of reality.
- Yosef: Gentiles exist only to serve Jews. According to Rabbi, the lives of non-Jews in Israel are safeguarded by divinity, to prevent losses to Jews.
- Chicago police sergeant: "Tribal warfare" on the streets.
- Islam And The Need For Western Vigilance. Geert Wilders.
- Anders Breivik Court Transcript 2012-06-05 Live Report.
- The Commander Anders Breivik Report.
- Controversial Study of African IQ Levels Is 'Deeply Flawed'. ScienceDaily (Jan. 21, 2010) — The controversial study on African IQ levels conducted by psychologist Richard Lynn is deeply flawed. This conclusion is the outcome of studies by Jelte Wicherts, Conor Dolan, Denny Borsboom and Han van der Maas of the University of Amsterdam (UvA) and Jerry Carlson of the University of California (Riverside).
- The Bias and Dishonesty of Wikipedia. Fjordman.
- Through the Looking Glass. Takuan Seiyo’s latest essay takes us into the strange distorted multicultural landscape of the 21st century, where Barry Soetoro can be elected president of the world while the West abolishes itself.
- Fjordman’s Suggested Testimony for the Trial of Anders Behring Breivik. As regular readers [of GoV] know, a few days before his scheduled appearance Fjordman withdrew his offer to testify by skype at the trial of Anders Behring Breivik in Oslo. The defense team had sent him a list of potential questions, which prompted the preparation of the responses published below (in both Norwegian and English).
- Pause in terror defense testimony. The ongoing trial of Norwegian terror defendant Anders Behring Breivik went into recess on Thursday, after several days of testimony from witnesses for the defense. Many let the court know that Breivik’s right-wing, anti-immigration views are not unique, but they also distanced themselves from Breivik’s terrorist attacks.
- Breivik trial. Turkish News Wire.
- The new intolerance. Melanie Phillips.
- Should Black People Tolerate This?. Each year, roughly 7,000 blacks are murdered. Ninety-four percent of the time, the murderer is another black person. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, between 1976 and 2011, there were 279,384 black murder victims. Using the 94 percent figure means that 262,621 were murdered by other blacks. Though blacks are 13 percent of the nation's population, they account for more than 50 percent of homicide victims. Nationally, black homicide victimization rate is six times that of whites, and in some cities, it's 22 times that of whites. Coupled with being most of the nation's homicide victims, blacks are most of the victims of violent personal crimes, such as assault and robbery. Walter E. Williams
- The Death of France ...and the Rise of the Provinces. By Colin Liddell.
- Three Myths of Immigration, by Kenan Malik.
- The First Amendment Is What We Need in Europe, by Geert Wilders.
- The age of the urban ape. New research shows that humans haven't stopped evolving – could a city habitat be the end of us, asks Desmond Morris.
- Geert Wilders: Defender of the West Against the Grand Jihad. New English Review.
- Best evidence yet that a single gene can affect IQ. New Scientist.
- Specific Genes Linked to Big Brains and Intelligence. Live Science.
- Received wisdom. Average IQ is falling in Britain and beyond, explains Philip Hunter in Prosepct Magazine.
- HOPE not hate’s report into the ‘Counter-Jihad’ movement.
- Three necklaced in Khayelitsha vigilante killings.
- Elite and Underclass. Coming Apart: The State of White America 1960-2010, by Charles Murray. Reviewed by F. Roger Devlin.
- Keep corrupt regimes out of British culture. Too many of our cultural and educational institutions have been quiescent in suppressing uncomfortable truths. Nick Cohen.
- Only Whites are Racist in Duluth. Jaenelle Antas.
- What separates man from the apes?. Not much! DNA study on gorilla shows we're far more similar than scientists thought.
- No, we are not selfish – co-operation is at the heart of our existence. Far from being quaint and anachronistic, collaboration and co-operation underpin our most innovative activities.
- Devastating Criticism of Richard Lynn. Richard Lynn has long been criticized for his controversial studies on intelligence, but this latest series of criticism might just be the final nail in his coffin. Focusing on his much-condemned African IQ studies, it reveals serious flaws in his methodology and calls him out on manipulating and falsifying data, which has wider implications that make his entire body of work (and that of his associates) untrustworthy.
- On the Radicalization of Anders Behring Breivik. YouTube video (18 min).
- Labour Party aims at making Norwegians a minority in Norway?. In an opinion piece on the Verdidebatt website, which is run by the newspaper Vårt Land, right-wing author, blogger and political commentator, Ole Jørgen Anfindsen, argues that Øyvind Strømmen, a left-wing journalist and author frequently used by the Norwegian media as an expert on right-wing politics, exaggerates the relevance of right-wing extremist political ideas and the Eurabia theory to the current political debate in Norway about mass immigration.
- Two dozen Theistic arguments. Lecture Notes by Alvin Plantinga.
- Segregation Curtailed in U.S. Cities, Study Finds.
- Can Egypt Make Democracy Work?. One year after the revolution, Egypt may have a parliament, but it still has a long way to go before it can call itself a true democracy. The ultra-conservative Salafists have misgivings about the parliamentary system, while secular politicians worry that the Muslim Brotherhood and the military council are making deals behind the scenes.
- The unstoppable rise of the e-book.
The popularity of electronic reading devices, such as the Kindle, is seeing demand for electronic texts shoot up, but not everyone in the sector is happy.
- No Need to Panic About Global Warming. There's no compelling scientific argument for drastic action to 'decarbonize' the world's economy. Editor's Note: The following has been signed by the 16 scientists listed at the end of the article.
- Is the Mass Murderer Anders Behring Breivik Insane?. Fjordman.
- Henryk M. Broder Interviews Thilo Sarrazin.
- Europe is the sick man of the world. Fjordman.
- What is Fascism?. Tribune, 1944. George Orwell.
- Below this point; collected in 2011:
- Top Palestinian MEMRI TV Clips of 2011.
- Niall Ferguson threatens to sue over accusation of racism.Historian claims writer Pankaj Mishra accused him of racism and must apologise or face court action.
- Asian Ancestors Had Sex with Mysterious Human Cousins. Live Science.
- To Be Black in Iraq.
- In the name of the law. The popular perception of sharia law is one of brutal punishments carried out by hardline states. But, as Dan Bell discovers, the backstreets of Britain are full of Islamic courts ruling on everything from banking and alcopops to forced marriage and divorce. The Guardian.
- Flower power. By Cathrine Sandnes.
- What Now, Little Country?. In the wake of a devastating massacre, Norway reexamines its values—and its fears. By Åsne Seierstad for Newsweek.
- British campaigner battles media's cone of silence on sharia law.
- Who Is An Extremist?. By Svein Sellanraa.
- UK riots: It’s not about criminality and cuts, it’s about culture... and this is only the beginning. Condemned as a racist for his comments on 'Newsnight' following the riots, the historian David Starkey speaks out against those who tried to silence him for confronting the gangster culture that has ruptured our society.
- 2083 by Anders Behring Breivik, Fjordman: Part Two. By Anita Dalton.
- 2083 by Andrew Berwick, aka Anders Behring Breivik. By Anita Dalton.
- A Norwegian’s Thoughts on the Oslo Attacks. Anonymous at GoV.
- Rhetorik überdenken (in German) .
"Der Gründer der einwanderungskritischen Internetplattform „Honest Thinking“, Ole Jørgen Anfindsen, kündigte ... gegenüber dem Sender NRK an, er werde seine Worte künftig sorgfältiger abwägen und alle bisher veröffentlichten Beiträge daraufhin untersuchen, ob sie als Aufforderung zur Gewaltanwendung verstanden werden könnten. Anfindsen hatte die Einwanderung aus muslimischen Ländern als „äußerst reale Gefahr für Norwegens Kultur“ bezeichnet."
Aus: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (FAZ), Online-Ausgabe, 28. Juli 2011
- Norwegian Tragedy And Failed Multiculturalism. Multiculturalism has nothing to do with diversity and plurality, but rather with imposed unity replacing common values. [...] This criticism has nothing to do with racism nor with xenophobia, because it does not imply a rejection of foreigners. The only aim is to prevent that the foreigner behaves as the new owner instead of as a guest. Is it still allowed to think this way, or is it too late?
- Buruma And The Warriors. Geert Wilders has been acquitted, but the progressive press is continuing the trial.
- Different Rules for Different Fools.
- The Forced Resignation of Fjordman.
- Journalist resource: So, what’s the deal with Fjordman?. By Øyvind Strømmen.
- Fjordman, Fairness, and the Brevik Mass Murderer.
- Proozess gegen Breivik wohl erst 2012 (FAZ, German).
- Anders Behring Breivik: Tunnel vision in an online world. Norway's extremists don't tend to gather in visible 'rightwing groups'. But online, they settle into a subculture of resentment. By Prof. Thomas Hylland Eriksen.
- Top Economist on the Euro Crisis:'The German Government Will Pay Up'.
- Greek officials urge calm after racist attacks.
- Preparing for Ragnarök. Fjordman.
- Final remarks by Geert Wilders at his trial in Amsterdam, May 2nd, 2011.
- Will there always be an England, whatever the origin of its people?.
- Who do you trust?. Study reveals our unconscious mind can have racist tendencies...no matter how liberal we are on surface.
- Russian official sacked after saying 'future of white race under threat'.
A senior official at Russia's Federal Migration Service has been fired after declaring that "the future of the white race" is under threat from uncontrolled immigration.
- Africa and the New World Order.
By Colin Liddell.
- Totalitarian Pansies-
The "Anti-Bully" Crusade.
By Andy Nowicki. In his hilarious, horrifying, and profoundly insightful short book The Screwtape Letters, C.S. Lewis ...
- The Spinoza Strategy -
Signal Left, Turn Right. By Paul Deussen.
- Affirmative Action Forever.
A Review of Steven Farron's "The Affirmative Action Hoax".
- India Graduates Millions, But Too Few Are Fit to Hire. WSJ.
- Raciology in Russia. By Richard Spencer.
- Christianity and Western Man. By Andy Nowicki.
- Tattooed by Politics.
Swedish detective fiction is highly profitable—and intent on slaying the dragon of capitalism. Michael C. Moynihan, Wall Street Journal.
- Detroit's Population Crashes.
Census Finds 25% Plunge as Blacks Flee to Suburbs; Shocked Mayor Seeks Recount. Wall Street Journal.
- Interview with Robert Reilly, author of The Closing of the Muslim Mind.
- BBC bias is getting worse – Trotsky would fit right in. By Ed West.
- Out of Africa?.
Races are more different than previously thought.
- Britain: The Future is Brown. The Galton Report.
- The German Death Wish. Frank Ellis reviews German’s huge best seller.
- Multiculturalism, R.I.P.
By Roger Scruton.
- David Cameron's important speech. Melanie Phillips.
- It is state multiculturalism that is racist, and David Cameron who is a liberal.
- PM’s speech at Munich Security Conference. Prime Minister David Cameron has delivered a speech setting out his view on radicalisation and Islamic extremism.
- Geert Wilders on Trial: The Lights Are Going Out All Over Europe.
- Muslim Brotherhood text reveals scope of radical creed.
- Terrorist Lars Gule. Religious Freedom Watch.
Archives 2005 - 2010.
For Scandinavian readers: See also our skandinaviske medieklipp.