Here you will find some recommended articles by other writers. Their inclusion on this page does of course not imply any endorsement by HonestThinking.
Links to other web sites (as opposed to individual articles) can be found here.
Please notify us of good articles that should be included in the below list by sending e-mail to postmaster at honestThinking.org (replacing ' at ' with '@' ).
- London paramedic has liquid thrown in face by masked men.
A lone paramedic had a substance thrown on to her face, neck and chest while answering a 999 call.
- Police 'shocked' by violence as youth riot at small town fair.
Authorities in the town of Schorndorf in Baden-Württemberg have expressed shock after police and bystanders were attacked by members of a group of around 1,000 youths.
- Girl, 17, is sexually assaulted by 'three Afghan asylum seekers' and Iraqi migrant is accused of sexual harassment as youths riot at German music festival. The incidents occurred at Volksfest in Schorndorf, Baden-Wuerttemberg state A 20-year-old Iraqi man and three Afghan asylum seekers treated as suspects The Afghan men, aged 18 to 20, said to be accused of groping a 17-year-old girl Crowd of more than 1,000 people reported to have hurled bottles at riot police.
- The Pope's Marxist Head of the Jesuits. Understanding the adage that personnel is policy, Pope Francis has been planting Marxists throughout the Church, including at the top of the troubled religious order to which he belongs. In 2016, the Jesuits, with the blessing of Pope Francis, installed as its general superior a Venezuelan, Fr. Arturo Sosa Abascal, whose communist convictions have long been known. Sosa has written about the "Marxist mediation of the Christian Faith," arguing that the Church should "understand the existence of Christians who simultaneously call themselves Marxists and commit themselves to the transformation of the capitalist society into a socialist society." In 1989, he signed a letter praising Fidel Castro. Turn down any corridor in Francis's Vatican, and you are likely to run into a de facto communist: Francis has a communist running his order, a communist running his Council of Cardinals (the Honduran cardinal, Oscar Rodriguez Maradiaga), a communist running the Pontifical Academy of Social Sciences (Margaret Archer, a British sociologist who has said that she represents the "Marxian left"), and communists such as the renegade Brazilian liberation theologian Leonardo Boff and the Canadian socialist Naomi Klein drafting his encyclicals.
- Bill Gates warns that Germany's open door policy to migrants will overwhelm Europe and urges leaders to 'make it more difficult for Africans to reach the continent via current routes'. Bill Gates has warned that European leaders risk deepening the migrant crisis by being too generous to those arriving on the continent. The Microsoft founder said countries such as Germany will not be able to handle the 'huge' numbers of migrants waiting to leave Africa and find a better life overseas. Instead, the 61-year-old suggested spending more on foreign aid to treat the root causes of migration, while making it more difficult for people to reach the continent.
- Bill Gates: Europe Will Be Overwhelmed Unless It Stems Flow of Migrants.
Microsoft founder Bill Gates has warned that Africa's population explosion will overwhelm Europe unless the continent makes it more difficult for migrants to reach its shores.
- Just a third of EU citizens feel they have benefited from membership – a new study finds. The research suggests the EU has left the working public behind.
- An Elite-Public Schism Over the EU. Even as the European establishment breathes a collective sigh of relief over the strength of pro-integration leaders Merkel and Macron (and the hobbling of Britain's Tory-nationalist government), it's important to remember that the wounds tearing at the EU are far from healed.
- Brussels in denial over EU crisis: Out-of-touch Eurocrats failing to tackle rising public anger across the continent, study finds.
- A Replacement of Population is Taking Place in Europe. Giulio Meotti.
- Orthodox Patriarch praises Luther on freedom.
There is a 'deep rift' between the Christian concept of freedom and the modern idea of freedom in the Western world, warned Bartholomew.
- Germany: Surge in Stabbings and Knife Crimes. Not only are knife-related crimes surging, but the perpetrators and victims of such crimes are increasingly younger and increasingly female. Germany's knife-crime problem is being exacerbated by its lenient judicial system, in which offenders receive relatively light sentences, even for serious crimes. In many instances, individuals who are arrested for knife-related crimes are released after questioning from police. This practice allows criminal suspects to continue committing crimes with virtual impunity. More than 1,600 knife-related crimes were reported in Germany during just the first five months of 2017 — an average of 300 such crimes each month, or ten a day. Soeren Kern.
- Theresa May talks tough, but her track record on tackling Islamism is woeful. It was important that the Prime Minister reacted to Saturday night's terrorist attack not with the usual platitudes but with a determination that "things need to change". As she rightly said: "There is – to be frank – far too much tolerance of extremism in our country." And she was spot-on in pointing out: "We need to become far more robust in identifying it and stamping it out across the public sector and across society." But the question has to be asked: who was Home Secretary for the six years from 2010? Mrs May appears to have had a Damascene conversion on this, because as Home Secretary she acted as the most important blockage in Whitehall against a serious attempt to deal with that precise problem: the hold of Islamism across parts of the public sector and across society.
- "Drip-Drip" Genocide: Muslim Persecution of Christians, February, 2017.
While much of the world acknowledges that the Islamic State is engaged in acts of genocide against religious minorities such as Christians and Yazidis, in other Muslim states, such as Pakistan, Christians and other non-Muslim minorities are experiencing a "drip-drip genocide", said the noted author, journalist and Pakistani politician Farahnaz Ispahani. Raymond Ibrahim.
- Poland critical of EU policy on taking in migrants. WARSAW, Poland (AP) - Poland's prime minister is citing the attack in Manchester to reinforce her government's opposition to a European Union plan to share migrants.
- Polish PM on Manchester Attack: 'Europe, Rise from Your Knees or You'll Be Crying over Your Children Every Day'.
The prime minister of Poland has launched a blistering attack on the "political elites" of Europe in the wake of the Manchester terror attack, warning the continent must put in place "strong politicians" willing to tackle the threat or risk "crying over your children".
- France: No-Go Zones Now in Heart of Big Cities. In January, 2015, a week after the attack on the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo, the American television channel Fox News created a scandal in France by claiming that Islamic "no-go zones" were established in the heart of Paris. For the French media, the existence of no-go zones -- where non-Muslims are unwelcome and Islamic law, sharia, holds sway -- in the heart of the capital was pure nonsense and horrifying "fake news." Paris's mayor, Anne Hidalgo, said she planned to sue Fox News and that the "honor of Paris" was at stake. By May 2017, however, the tone had changed. The French daily, Le Parisien, disclosed that, in fact, no-go zones are in the heart of the capital. It seems that the district of Chapelle-Pajol, in the east of Paris, has become very much a no-go zone. Yves Mamou.
- Europe was the birthplace of mankind, not Africa, scientists find. The history of human evolution has been rewritten after scientists discovered that Europe was the birthplace of mankind, not Africa. Currently, most experts believe that our human lineage split from apes around seven million years ago in central Africa, where hominids remained for the next five million years before venturing further afield. But two fossils of an ape-like creature which had human-like teeth have been found in Bulgaria and Greece, dating to 7.2 million years ago. Sarah Knapton.
- Germany: Should Migrants Integrate? "We are an open society. We show our face. We do not wear burkas.". Soeren Kern.
- World's Top Atheist, Richard Dawkins, Says Christianity Best Defense Against Radical Islam.
- The real winner of the French presidential election? François Hollande. In the biggest comeback since Lazarus, French president François Hollande has installed Emmanuel Macron as his certain successor, with the collusion of the media, the magistrates and less than 25 per cent of the voters. Jonathan Miller.
- Forgiveness: Muslims Moved as Coptic Christians Do the Unimaginable.
Amid ISIS attacks, faithful response inspires Egyptian society. Jayson Casper.
- Europe: Combating Fake News.
If present demographic trends continue, in a few decades, native Swedes could easily become a minority in their own country. Swedish ambulance personnel want gas masks and bulletproof vests to protect their staff against the escalating attacks, similar to equipment used by staff working in war zones. Most dangerous, however, is our inability to deal forcefully with problems undermining Western societies, because some Western media refuse to admit that the problems exist. Fjordman.
- Europe: "The Era of Liberal Babble". Europe, so many years after the Cold War, is ideologically divided into a new East and a West. This time, the schism is over multiculturalism. What Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán has termed "liberal babble" continues to govern Western Europe's response to the challenges that migration and Islamic terrorism have brought, especially to personal security. Judith Bergman.
- France's Death Spiral.
In 1990, the "Gayssot law" was passed, stipulating that "any discrimination based on ethnicity, nation, race or religion is prohibited". Since then, it has been used to criminalize any criticism of Arab and African delinquency, any question on immigration from the Muslim world, any negative analysis of Islam. Many writers have been fined and most "politically incorrect" books on those topics have disappeared from bookshops. Guy Millière.
- SWEDEN ROUNDUP: ANOTHER WEEKEND OF GANG-RAPES AND SEXUAL VIOLENCE, POLICE FORENSICS SO UNDERSTAFFED SUSPECTS WALK FREE.
Several Swedish women and girls have this weekend become the victim of gang rapes, rapes, and other forms of sexual violence. Increasingly, girls and women are publicly questioning the 'normality' of the harassment that for many of them seems to virtually have become a part of daily life. David Frankenhuis.
- SWEDEN: CLASSMATES GANG RAPE 14Y/O GIRL IN SCHOOL, REMAIN ENROLLED BECAUSE "RAPISTS ARE VICTIMS TOO," SAYS PRINCIPAL.
A 14-year-old Swedish girl who was sexually abused in her school by two boys is now receiving her education at another school, while the attackers remain enrolled at their current school. One of them, a 16-year-old carrying the Arab name Ajuub, suffers from an "impaired ability to understand what is right and wrong," the verdict stated. He was therefore punished mildly. Other school kids' parents, as well as the principal, are now unhappy with the situation. The gang rape was committed on the 30th of May last year at the restrooms of a school in Skane, in the south of Sweden. Both boys, Ajuub plus an unnamed 15-year-old, raped the victim vaginally as well as orally. They were sentenced in December, Sydsvenskan reports. Ajuub was convicted to 100 hours of youth service plus 24 meetings with a social worker "in order to learn to make better decisions," while the 15-year-old is considered by Swedish law to be too young to be held criminally responsible and has thus been set free. David Frankenhuis.
- Hungary PM says restricting the number of migrants and protecting 'ethnic homogeneity' is vital for economic success because 'too much mixing causes trouble'.
- The Offer that Turns the Gaza Strip into Singapore. Bassam Tawil.
- Lieberman offers to turn Gaza into "the Singapore of the Middle East". Israel's defence minister yesterday offered to turn Gaza into a prosperous territory by creating jobs and building infrastructure. Defence Minister Avigdor Lieberman's offer was posted in Arabic on the website of the Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT), the body responsible for coordinating Israeli activities in the Palestinian territories, as part of an effort to create pressure on Gaza-based terrorist group Hamas. Lieberman proposed turning Gaza "into the Singapore of the Middle East" by building a seaport and an airport and by creating an industrial zones that would help create 40,000 jobs in the strip, if Hamas agreed to demilitarisation and to dismantling the tunnel and rocket systems it has built up.
- GERMANY: MOB OF 100 AFRICANS THREATENS POLICE.
Up to a hundred black Africans threatened and insulted three police officers in Hamburg's notorious St. Georg district this week. According to the newspaper Die Welt, there were "tumultuous scenes" after the police had arrested a young man from Somalia. The man had refused to leave a betting agency from which he had been barred. Instead, he aggressively threatened the staff. "Even before the arrival of the police, the 18-year-old threatened the two employees with cutting their throats and emphasised this with a gesture", said police spokesman Ulf Wundrack. Subsequently, a mob of a hundred Africans then showed up and turned against the police. It was only after backup arrived that the situation was brought under control. The officers were faced with calls to "piss off". Stefan Frank.
- Welcome to Sweden, Eldorado for Migrants!.
In 2016, Sweden received 28,939 asylum seekers. Sweden is a predominantly Christian country in northern Europe, and yet most asylum seekers to Sweden came from three Muslim countries in the Middle East: Syria (5,459), Afghanistan (2,969) and Iraq (2,758). Why is it that people from these three Muslim countries choose to cross Europe to come to Sweden? What is it that Sweden offers that attracts people from the other side of the world? [...] What Sweden provides is economic and social benefits for all who come. Nima Gholam Ali Pour.
- TONY BLAIR EMBARKS ON MISSION TO STOP BREXIT, 9 MONTHS AFTER REFERENDUM.
Former UK Prime Minister and owner and Executive Director of the Tony Blair Institute, Tony Blair, is a wise man full of wisdom and vision. But Blair also values a penny and therefore is only willing to share his wisdom and vision for the amount of 1 million euros per hour. And today Blair will find the time to share his vision once more, and will call on the remain supporters in the UK to "stop Brexit (…) and to rise up in defence of what we believe." Blair is expected to say this at an event hosted by Open Britain, a cross-party political group campaigning against a "destructive" Brexit.
- A Tale of Two Talks: Free Speech in the U.S. Sometimes the whole tenor of an age can be discerned by comparing two events, one commanding fury and the other, silence. Douglas Murray.
- Germany's Migrant Rape Crisis: January 2017 Tolerating a "rape culture" to sustain a politically correct stance on mass migration.
German authorities are investigating reports that dozens of Arab men sexually assaulted female patrons at bars and restaurants in downtown Frankfurt on New Year's Eve 2016. The attacks, in which mobs of migrants harassed women in a "rape game" known as "taharrush gamea" (Arabic for "collective sexual harassment"), are said to have mirrored the mass sexual assaults of women in Cologne and other German cities on New Year's Eve 2015. Soeren Kern.
- 92% OF GERMAN 'ANTI-FASCIST' PROTESTERS STILL LIVE WITH THEIR MUM.
A new study published by the German tabloid Bild concluded that 92 percent of those suspected of violent crimes at left-wing demonstrations still live with their mum and dad, or as the Germans blissfully say it "(…) wohnen noch bei Mutti." The study, which was carried out with data from Germany, further concluded that the number of politically motivated (left-wing) crimes increased significantly from 2009 to 2013, with a total of 1523 cases. That number was double the amount of 2003 to 2008. Interior Senator Frank Henkel (52, CDU) recognised this and commented by saying that indeed: "most politically motivated violent crimes come from the left-wing scene." Between 2009 and 2013, 80% of the 902 acts of violence were directed against policemen. Benjamin de Wolf.
- HUNGARY STANDS ITS GROUND ON MIGRATION DESPITE TAKING HEAT.
In a Politico article on Hungary's supposedly hardening immigration line, the publication quotes a Human Rights Watch researcher by the name of Lydia Gall, claiming that: "Blanket detention of asylum seekers goes against Hungary's obligations under the Refugee Convention and EU law. Detention should always be a very last resort and there are clear cut criteria where detention may be used. It should always be decided on a case-by-case basis and never as a general measure." In her point of view, detention seems to be everything barring the way of migrants into Europe. On behalf of the Hungarian government, Orbán's spokesman Zoltan Kovacs offers a counter-narrative. Kovacs says that the new policies are directed at making sure that EU citizens are spared the burden of uncontrolled movement of migrants: "we are going to introduce a new measure — no migrants, not even those who have achieved their request for asylum, can move freely until there is a final, legal decision whether they are entitled to political asylum or refugee status. They will not be entitled to move freely in the country." Vincent van den Born.
- SYRIAN IMMIGRANT RAPES TWO UNDERAGE SWEDISH GIRLS, GETS AWAY WITH TWO-MONTH SENTENCE.
Just before Christmas last year, a refugee from Syria forced a 13-year-old girl whom he met through Snapchat into the bathroom of a school in Northern Sweden. He locked the door and, according to the indictment, raped her, both vaginally and anally. After the rape, the man threatened the girl with violent reprisals if she would tell anyone. When apprehended, he stated to the police that the "sex was voluntary." However, the forensic pathologist found that the girl had injuries consistent with her story. Nonetheless, he was acquitted of abuse, as the court said it was unclear what exactly was said. Shortly after this rape went to trial, he was indicted for a separate case, in which he was accused of raping a 14-year-old. He had known her a few days, and according to him, their intercourse was also voluntary. This time, the District Court agreed with him, even though the girl is below Sweden's age of consent, as she would only turn 15 in a few weeks. This was close enough for the judge, however, so he concluded it wasn't rape, just sexual exploitation of a child. Vincent van den Born.
- SWEDISH GOVERNMENT OBSTRUCTS STUDYING RELATION BETWEEN IMMIGRANTS AND CRIME.
An attempt by the Sweden Democrats (SD) to shed more light on the relation between crime and criminals' countries of origin, has been blocked by the government. Justice Minister Morgan Johansson of the Swedish Social Democratic Party, declared he didn't feel like discussing the topic.
- Gangster Islam: the problem Europe ignores. For over a decade, Europe's struggle to successfully integrate its Muslim population has been evident. But throughout the years a new and distinctly European phenomenon arose, which is as significant as it is underreported: Gangster Islam. It entails the conflation of the seemingly a-religious street culture of youths from a Muslim background on the one hand, and elements of the Islamic religion on the other. Timon Dias.
- Rotherham child sex gang shout 'Allahu Akbar' in court as they are jailed for 80 years for abusing girls, including one who became pregnant at just 12, after being groomed with alcohol and drugs. Six members of child sex gang given sentences between 10 years and 20 years. Two of the defendants shouted 'Allahu Akbar' as they were led away from dock. The gang sexually abused two young Rotherham girls between 1999 and 2001. One victim fell pregnant aged 12 after being groomed with alcohol and drugs.
- Why Saint Thomas Aquinas Opposed Open Borders. Every nation has the right to distinguish, by country of origin, who can migrate to it and apply appropriate immigration policies, according to the great medieval scholar and saint Thomas Aquinas. Thomas D. Williams.
- Why whites aren't the most racist people. Jay Fayza uses facts and statistics to show that whites and western nations are the least racist and bigoted people on earth contrary to lies told by liberal media and academia. YouTube video.
- Nine questions those protesting against Donald Trump's immigration ban must answer. I wonder whether there might be any long-term effects from shouting 'racist', 'fascist', 'misogynist' all the time? It is possible that it is hard to think while your fingers are in your ears and you are shouting names at everybody. I just put the thought out there. Douglas Murray.
- Populism as a Backlash against Globalization - Historical Perspectives.
- Women's March Figure Linda Sarsour's Radical Background, Ties.
By all accounts, last Saturday's Women's March protests generated huge crowds in Washington, DC and throughout the country. It also has triggered a heated debate, playing out largely on social media, about one of the march's principal organizers: activist Linda Sarsour. But Sarsour and her defenders are casting this solely as an attack from right-wing elements, ignoring inconvenient criticism from liberal and secular voices who say that she is misrepresenting the American Muslim community and pushing a conservative religious message. Steven Emerson.
- Nomination for Nobel Peace Prize: Reverend Gavin Ashenden.
In a nation much in need of heroes, an Anglican Reverend has stepped forward, putting his sincere and serious beliefs ahead of the unserious and insincere pieties of our time. Everybody -- secular or religious -- has cause to feel enormous gratitude. Douglas Murray.
- Do we have to agree? Accommodating unity in diversity in post-terror Norway. Rojan Tordhol Ezzati, Marta Bivand Erdal.
- UK Pastor: Islam Closer to Christ than Christianity.
LONDON – A Christian pastor has confirmed that Islamic teachings are closer to the Christ than many churches in the west, following a comparative study into both faiths. "I know some emphases in Islamic teaching come closer to the teaching of Christ and the Bible than some teaching in Western churches," Steve Chalke, pastor and founder of the Oasis charity, told Christian Today. "Ultimately the full interpretation of who Allah/God is can be seen through Jesus," he added, confirming that both faiths worship the same God or Allah. "Islam and Christianity are two very different faiths and there are huge differences between the two." Chalke comments followed the release of his new book, Radical, in which he explained how he had come to the conclusion "Muslims and Christians worship the same God".
- This genius map explains how everything in physics is connected. From space time to chaos theory. Fiona MacDonald.
- The Dutch Death Spiral. From Paradise to Bolshevik Thought Police. Giulio Meotti.
- Reaction of Geert Wilders to His Conviction.
The Netherlands have become a sick country. And I have a message for the judges who convicted me: You have restricted the freedom of speech of millions of Dutch and hence convicted everyone. No one trusts you anymore. But fortunately, truth and liberty are stronger than you. And so am I. Geert Wilders.
- France: Decomposing in Front of Our Eyes. Yves Mamou.
- Donald Trump's New World Order. What a Kissinger-inspired strategy might look like. Niall Ferguson.
- France on the Verge of Total Collapse. Guy Millière.
- Donald Trump represents the new normal – on both sides of the Atlantic. He gets how the world has changed. So does Theresa May. Do you? Rod Liddle.
- German Streets Descend Into Lawlessness. The rape of a ten-year-old girl in Leipzig, the largest city in Saxony, has drawn renewed attention to the spiraling levels of violent crime perpetrated by migrants in cities and towns across Germany — and the lengths to which German officials and the media go to censor information about the perpetrators of those crimes. Soeren Kern.
- The Real Middle East Story. Precisely because he has a colder view of international affairs than Obama, Netanyahu’s leadership has made Israel stronger than ever. Walter Russell Mead.
- Indigenous Australians the most ancient civilisation on Earth, DNA testing confirms. Their origins date back more than 50,000 years, according to the research.
- ISIS Sends Parents Video of Daughters Being Raped, Tortured; Bag Carrying Their Body Parts.
US Media Ignored Testimony of Human Rights Activist at UN.
A California-based human rights activist and lawyer, who has been helping minorities and women across the Middle East for over a decade, recently testified at the United Nations, narrating incidents such as parents in Syria being sent a video of their kidnapped daughters being raped and tortured by Islamic State, and the dismembered body parts of their daughters in bags. U.S. media chose not to report on it.
- At least four women 'are sexually assaulted by immigrant men during a rampage at a party in Germany' in a chilling echo of the New Year's Eve attacks. Police said the people who filed complaints could be 'the tip of the iceberg'.
More officers sent to the Essen Original city party in response to attacks.
Women said men approached in groups then harassed and groped them.
- No scientific evidence to support gender ideology, scholars argue. There is no compelling scientific evidence to support the theory that some people may be programmed at birth to identify with the opposite sex, two leading scholars argue in a new journal article. Writing for New Atlantis, Lawrence Mayer and Paul McHugh of Johns Hopkins University conclude that the claims put forward by "gender ideology" advocates are without a scientific basis. They find "no compelling biological explanations for human sexual orientation."
- American journalism is collapsing before our eyes. Donald Trump may or may not fix his campaign, and Hillary Clinton may or may not become the first female president. But something else happening before our eyes is almost as important: the complete collapse of American journalism as we know it. Michael Goodwin.
- Spanish Marxist Professor Alfredo Serrano Is the Man Behind Venezuela’s Economic Mess. President Nicolás Maduro places confidence in a Spanish Marxist professor he calls 'the Jesus Christ of the Economy'.
- Sweden has died. Do not allow your country to be next.... This video explains what massive immigration has done to Sweden and the bleak future Sweden has over the next few decades.
The swedes far left liberal approach has destroyed their own country.
- The new political divide. Farewell, left versus right. The contest that matters now is open against closed.
- Drawbridges up. The new divide in rich countries is not between left and right but between open and closed.
- IMF admits disastrous love affair with the euro and apologises for the immolation of Greece. The International Monetary Fund’s top staff misled their own board, made a series of calamitous misjudgments in Greece, became euphoric cheerleaders for the euro project, ignored warning signs of impending crisis, and collectively failed to grasp an elemental concept of currency theory. This is the lacerating verdict of the IMF’s top watchdog on the fund’s tangled political role in the eurozone debt crisis, the most damaging episode in the history of the Bretton Woods institutions.
- Man 'knifes French woman and her three daughters' in Alps resort. A French woman and her three young daughters were severely injured when they were stabbed at a holiday resort on Tuesday by a Moroccan-born man who reportedly shouted that they were too scantily dressed.
- 'Paris is a nightmare now. I lived in a world that no longer exists': Fashion legend Karl Lagerfeld decries the French capital and says it now has a 'feeling of danger. Karl Lagerfeld, 82, has been the head of Chanel's fashion house since 1983. He moved to Paris in the 1950s and says the capital is a different world now. 'Paris is a nightmare now. It's not a cliche any more,' said the fashion icon. The German-born designer said the city has gained a feeling of danger.
- It's time for white people to reckon with racism. Feigning ignorance or a lack of complicity is no longer acceptable – we must all work together to counter endemic prejudice in America. Eve Ensler.
- Leaked document says 2,000 men allegedly assaulted 1,200 German women on New Year’s Eve. At first, there was complete silence from officials. As rumors spread on social media, police had nothing to say about allegations of mass sexual assaults and other crimes carried out on New Year's Eve in the German city of Cologne. It was only days later that officials reported that hundreds of women were victims of assault in Cologne, Hamburg and other German cities. But numbers that are now emerging are likely to shock a country still coming to terms with what happened in Cologne more than half a year ago. According to a leaked police document, published by Germany's Sueddeutsche Zeitung newspaper and broadcasters NDR and WDR, the previous estimates have to be dramatically revised — upward.
- A Saudi Morals Enforcer Called for a More Liberal Islam. Then the Death Threats Began. For most of his adult life, Ahmed Qassim al-Ghamdi worked among the bearded enforcers of Saudi Arabia. He was a dedicated employee of the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice — known abroad as the religious police — serving with the front-line troops protecting the Islamic kingdom from Westernization, secularism and anything but the most conservative Islamic practices.
Some of that resembled ordinary police work: busting drug dealers and bootleggers in a country that bans alcohol. But the men of “the Commission,” as Saudis call it, spent most of their time maintaining the puritanical public norms that set Saudi Arabia apart not only from the West, but from most of the Muslim world.
A key offense was ikhtilat, or unauthorized mixing between men and women. The kingdom’s clerics warn that it could lead to fornication, adultery, broken homes, children born of unmarried couples and full-blown societal collapse.
For years, Mr. Ghamdi stuck with the program and was eventually put in charge of the Commission for the region of Mecca, Islam’s holiest city. Then he had a reckoning and began to question the rules. So he turned to the Quran and the stories of the Prophet Muhammad and his companions, considered the exemplars of Islamic conduct. What he found was striking and life altering: There had been plenty of mixing among the first generation of Muslims, and no one had seemed to mind.
So he spoke out. In articles and television appearances, he argued that much of what Saudis practiced as religion was in fact Arabian cultural practices that had been mixed up with their faith.
- Denial Dies in Dallas. Richard Fernandez.
- Sheriff David Clarke Blasts Obama for Dallas Police Massacre. Never one to mince words, Sheriff David Clarke today blamed President Obama for creating the racial unrest that led to the police massacre in Dallas. During his appearance on Fox Business, Clarke spoke in measured tones, but his extreme dislike of the president and his policies came through loud and clear.
Clarke wasn't impressed by Obama's remarks in Warsaw earlier today, where he condemned the "vicious, calculated and despicable" attack on police officers. "I don't believe there's any sincerity behind the president's words," Clarke began. "Just yesterday he was popping off at the mouth again -- exploiting the situations in Louisiana and Minnesota -- exploiting it on the basis of race. He has no foundation for that. There's no data or research that suggests or proves anything he thinks in terms of disparity."
- 'He grabbed me, then touched my genitals. Girls were crying everywhere': 17-year-old tells of horror after mob of 'foreign youths' sexually assault 35 females as young as 12 at Swedish music festival.
Police say attacks happened during Sweden's 'Party in the Park' festival.
Authorities said that the perpetrators are 'young men, who are foreigners'.
Officers have arrested two boys, both living at a nearby asylum centre.
Victim Alexandra Larsson, 17, has waived anonymity to describe her ordeal.
- Armed Muslim mob in Egypt attacks elderly Christian woman, parades her naked through streets of Cairo. An armed Muslim mob stripped an elderly Christian woman and paraded her naked on the streets in an attack last week in which seven Christian homes were also looted and torched in a province south of the Egyptian capital. According to the local Orthodox Coptic church and security officials, the assault in the Minya province village of Karma on Friday began after rumors spread that the elderly woman’s son had an affair with a Muslim woman — a taboo in conservative Egypt. Police have arrested six men suspected of taking part in the violence and are looking for 12 more, the security officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to the media.
- It’s Time for the Elites to Rise Up Against the Ignorant Masses. The Brexit has laid bare the political schism of our time. It’s not about the left vs. the right; it’s about the sane vs. the mindlessly angry. James Traub.
- The return of the nation. “How quickly the unthinkable became the irreversible” writes The Economist. They are talking about Brexit, of course. The question of today is: Who could have imagined that British people were so tired of being members of The Club? The question of tomorrow is: What country will be next? In France, before the British vote, the weekly JDD conducted an online poll with one question: Do you want France out of the EU? 88% of people answered “YES!” This is not a scientific result, but it is nevertheless an indication. A recent — and more scientific — survey for Pew Research found that in France, a founding member of “Europe,” only 38% of people still hold a favorable view of the EU, six points lower than in Britain. In none of the countries surveyed was there much support for transferring power to Brussels. With Brexit, everybody is discovering that the European project was –implemented by no more than a minority of the population: young urban people, national politicians of each country and bureaucrats in Brussels. All others remain with the same feeling: Europe failed to deliver. Yves Mamou.
- This is democracy in all its beauty and glory.
Consider the magnitude of what has just happened. Against the warnings of experts, the pleas of the vast majority of MPs, the wishes of almost every capitalist, and overtures from Brussels, a majority of British people have said No to the EU. They’ve done the thing almost everyone with power and influence said they shouldn’t: taken a leap into the dark; chased after the devil they don’t know in preference for the one they do; taken a big, exciting risk with the very nature of their nation. They have — let’s just say it — rebelled, and rebelled against virtually every wing of the establishment. You don’t even have to be on the Leave side to admire this (although of course it helps if you are). You just have to be in favour of democracy. You just have to believe it is a good idea to entrust big political decisions to the people. For this is democracy in action, in all its messy, beautiful, order-upsetting glory. Brendan O'Neill.
- Muhammad Ali preaching the preservation of race. BBC Motion Gallery.
- Religious fundamentalism could soon be treated as mental illness. Kathleen Taylor, a neurologist at Oxford University, said that recent developments suggest that we will soon be able to treat religious fundamentalism and other forms of ideological beliefs potentially harmful to society as a form of mental illness.
- Has The Reintroduction Of Wolves Really Saved Yellowstone?. Recent science suggests that, while important to restoring Yellowstone Park's ecological health, wolves are not the primary solution. Let the fighting commence. Emily Gertz.
- They Released 14 Wolves Into A Park. What Happens Next Is A Miracle And Proves That We Must Take Care Of Our Amazing Planet. In 1995, the US Fish and Wildlife Service, along with Canadian biologists, captured 14 wolves in Canada and placed them in Yellowstone National Park, where they had been extinct since 1926. Over the next few years, the number of wolves rose, but that was the least of the changes that took place in Yellowstone. The effects were more striking than anyone could have expected. The entire ecosystem of the national park transformed and it went so far that even the rivers changed. How could this have happened? Watch the clip and marvel at the amazing way in which nature works.
- Admit that Islam drives Isis, says BBC religion boss. The BBC’s Muslim head of religion and ethics has said it is untrue that Isis has “nothing to do with Islam”. Aaqil Ahmed acknowledged it was an “uncomfortable” truth that the terrorist group is inspired by Islamic doctrine.
Mr Ahmed was speaking at Huddersfield University when he was asked to defend the corporation’s policy of referring to Isis as the “so-called” Islamic State.
- BBC turns down trainees because they are WHITE: Job applicants stunned to be told corporation only wants people from 'ethnic minority backgrounds'. BBC advertised for two 12-month trainee roles with 'allowance' of £25,000
Did not prohibit white people but mentioned ethnic minorities in advert
When people applied they got generic email saying it is closed to whites
Applicant accused BBC of 'racial discrimination' against white people.
- Welcome to Swedenistan…and have a lousy day. MY new neighbor, Dan, is a semi-retired orthodontist, working two days a week in a private clinic. His wife, Karla, was his nurse until her career was cut short by rheumatoid arthritis.
Though still Swedish passport-holders both describe themselves curiously as ‘former Swedes’ and their dearest wish is for their 30-year-old school-teacher daughter to leave Stockholm and join their doctor son in Canada.
And, if not the Maple Leaf nation, then Israel, the USA, Britain or Australia.
Now in their 60s, Dan and Karla – not their real names – came to Mallorca, partly to eke out their silver years in the balmy climes of a laid-back Club Med state, but, effectively, as they say, ‘asylum-seekers.’ Hugh Ash.
- When Europe Loved Islam. Before the continent started banning hijab, European aristocrats used to change their names to Abdullah and Muhammad, and going to the local mosque was the latest trend. Marya Hannun, Sophie Spaan.
- "Democracy and human rights are just hollow words". What are our values and how can we communicate them to the refugees? Markus Mayr interviews the Islam scholar Schirin Amir-Moazami.
- Realism and Islam.
Fr. James V. Schall, S.J.
- Bright New World.
Intelligence and its Benefits. Ole Martin Moen.
- After Anal Rape, Left Wing Activist Felt ‘Guilt And Responsibility’ His Migrant Attacker Was Deported.
An active member of the Norwegian Socialist Left Party (SV) who described himself as an ardent “feminist and anti-racist” explained the difficulty he experienced accepting that he had been anally raped by a male migrant. He said he didn’t blame the man for the attack, and regretted the fact he had been sent back to his country of origin.
- Scripps Students, Faculty: Protest Madeleine Albright Because She is a ‘White Feminist’.
- 5 insights on the racial tolerance and ethnicity maps, from an ethnic conflict professor.
- Church Fathers: Origen's Theology. Thomas Van.
- The Tyranny of Good Intentions.
Book review by Nikos A. Leverenz.
- Plan White – Redux … now in Rainbow Pantyhose.
Germany’s code name for the strategic plan of its September 1, 1939 invasion of Poland was Fall Weiss—“Plan White.” The plan envisioned a three-month long campaign, with a three-pronged envelopment converging on Warsaw, where the encirclement and destruction of the Polish Army would ensue. The Soviet Army’s attack from the east, just 15 days after the Germans invaded from the west and north, compacted the whole enterprise to five weeks; by 6 October Poland had been conquered, though it would never surrender. Max Denken.
- Why Trump?.
Donald Trump is winning Republican presidential primaries at such a great rate that he seems likely to become the next Republican presidential nominee and perhaps the next president. Democrats have little understanding of why he is winning -- and winning handily; and even many Republicans don't see him as a Republican and are trying to stop him, but don't know how. There are various theories: People are angry and he speaks to their anger. People don't think much of Congress and want a non-politician. Both may be true. But why? What are the details? And why Trump? George Lakoff,
UC Berkeley Professor of Linguistics | Founder of Reframe America.
- Contrary to popular belief: Relativism cannot enlighten; it can only darken the mind. Dr. Jeff Mirus.
- Conman Blair's cynical conspiracy to deceive the British people and let in 2million migrants against the rules: Explosive new biography lays ex-PM's betrayal bare. Tom Bower's new book Broken Vows: Tony Blair - The Tragedy of Power lays bare how PM presided over a silent conspiracy to change face of UK
Book reveals how Blair instructed ministers to wave tens of thousands of asylum seekers into the UK under cover of their being ‘economic migrants’.
- Immigrants? We sent out search parties to get them to come... and made it hard for Britons to get work, says Mandelson. Former minister admits Labour deliberately engineered mass immigration.
Between 1997 and 2010 net migration to Britain totalled 2.2million.
- France: Criticize Islam and Live under Police Protection. "You are sentenced to death. It's just a matter of time." This message, in Arabic, was sent by Islamists to Laurence Marchand-Taillade, National Secretary of the Parti Radical de Gauche (Radical Party of the Left). She now lives under the protection of the French police. Marchand-Taillade forced the Muslim Brotherhood to withdraw, under pressure from France's Interior Ministry, its invitation of three Islamic fundamentalists to a conference in Lille. The Islamists in question were the Syrian Mohamed Rateb al Nabulsi, the Moroccan Abouzaid al Mokrie and the Saudi Abdullah Salah Sana'an, who deem that the penalty for homosexuality is death, that the international coalition against the Islamic State is "infidel," that Jews "destroy the nations" and that only religious music is permitted. Laurence Marchand-Taillade published an article in Le Figaro in which she called for the ban of these Islamists with their "anti-Semitic and pro-jihadist message." Giulio Meotti.
- The Widening Gyre. Europe’s migration crisis is not over. It is spreading. Asle Toje.
- 'We have the same God': A priest helps Syrian refugees. In a Greek village at the heart of the refugee crisis, Father Schuff calls on priests and monasteries to do more.
- Up to 5,000 Isil-trained jihadists could be at large in Europe. We can expect Isil or other terrorist groups to stage an attack in Europe, warns Rob Wainwright, the British head of Europol, the EU’s police agency.
- Trump’s America.
There’s nothing irrational about Donald Trump’s appeal to the white working class, writes Charles Murray: they have every reason to be angry. Charles Murray.
- Gravitational waves, Einstein’s ripples in spacetime, spotted for first time. Long ago, deep in space, two massive black holes—the ultrastrong gravitational fields left behind by gigantic stars that collapsed to infinitesimal points—slowly drew together. The stellar ghosts spiraled ever closer, until, about 1.3 billion years ago, they whirled about each other at half the speed of light and finally merged. The collision sent a shudder through the universe: ripples in the fabric of space and time called gravitational waves. Five months ago, they washed past Earth. And, for the first time, physicists detected the waves, fulfilling a 4-decade quest and opening new eyes on the heavens.
- Gravitational waves: Einstein was right - and this announcement is the scientific highlight of the decade. A century after Albert Einstein explained his General Theory of Relativity, scientists are expected to announce that they have found gravitational waves - ripples created by the collisions of black hole.
- The Death of the Most Generous Nation on Earth. Little Sweden has taken in far more refugees per capita than any country in Europe. But in doing so, it’s tearing itself apart. Foreign Policy, James Traub.
- Bavarian leader lashes out at Merkel's handling of refugee crisis. Horst Seehofer from sister party of German chancellor’s CDU sparks row by accusing Merkel of pursuing ‘rule of injustice’.
- Moralistic gods, supernatural punishment and the expansion of human sociality. Benjamin Grant Purzycki, Coren Apicella, Quentin D. Atkinson, Emma Cohen, Rita Anne McNamara, Aiyana K. Willard, Dimitris Xygalatas, Ara Norenzayan & Joseph Henrich. Nature 10.02.2016.
- What Sex Means for World Peace. The evidence is clear: The best predictor of a state's stability is how its women are treated.
- Facebook's War on Freedom of Speech. Facebook is now removing speech that presumably almost everybody might decide is racist -- along with speech that only someone at Facebook decides is "racist." The sinister reality of a society in which the expression of majority opinion is being turned into a crime has already been seen across Europe. Just last week came reports of Dutch citizens being visited by the police and warned about posting anti-mass-immigration sentiments on social media. Douglas Murray.
- Misguided Compassion Threatens to Become the Downfall of Europe. Europe is like Judas, betraying its Christian tradition with the traitorous kiss of false compassion in order to obliterate the last vestige of Christian civilization in Europe. Iben Thranholm.
- Swedish police warn Stockholm's main train station is now overrun by migrant teen gangs 'stealing and groping girls'.
Hundreds of Moroccan children living on the streets in Stockholm
Accused of stealing and assaulting security guards at the main station
Police say they grope girls and 'slap them in the face when they protest'
One in five Moroccan migrant children run away from housing since 2012.
- Revealed: Migrant boy, 15, arrested on suspicion of murdering Swedish social worker is from Somalia - as family blame politicians for her death and police warn they cannot cope with rising violence.
Alexandra Mezher, 22, fatally stabbed at migrant centre where she worked
Her family, who are originally from Lebanon, described her as 'an angel'
They blame 'Swedish politicians' for the attack after record migration
A boy, 15, living at centre, arrested on suspicion of murder is from Somalia
Teenage killer was overpowered by other children living at the centre
Swedish police demand more cash to stem rising violence in the country.
- Darkness: The practical result of our contemporary mythology. Dr. Jeff Mirus.
- Horror as gangs of migrants 'assault female swimmers and masturbate in hot tub'. A GANG of migrant men sexually assaulted German women at a historic swimming bath, it has been claimed.
- TRUE horror of Cologne attacks finally REVEALED: Gang rape among HUNDREDS of assaults. THE horrific extent of the wave of crimes commited by migrant sex attack gangs in Cologne has been laid bare in shocking new revelations.
- No, Polygamy Isn’t the Next Gay Marriage. Group marriage is the past—not the future—of matrimony. Jonathan Rauch.
- It’s Time to Legalize Polygamy. Why group marriage is the next horizon of social liberalism. Fredrik Deboer.
- Immigrants must improve English in two-and-a-half years or face deportation, says David Cameron. Prime Minister also says he feels Muslim women should remove full face veil when going to schools or courts where there is official uniform policy.
- David Cameron prompts backlash by announcing plans to teach Muslim women English.
'We will now say if you don't improve your fluency, that could affect your ability to stay in the UK.'
- MIGRANT SEX ATTACK 'COVER-UP': Welcome party for Cologne refugees turned into mass groping. FURY was growing in Germany tonight over mounting evidence of a cover-up of migrant sex crimes after it emerged a welcome party for refugees held two months before the Cologne rapes descended into a mass groping session.
- MIGRANT SEX ATTACK 'COVER-UP': Welcome party for Cologne refugees turned into mass groping. FURY was growing in Germany tonight over mounting evidence of a cover-up of migrant sex crimes after it emerged a welcome party for refugees held two months before the Cologne rapes descended into a mass groping session.
- The cover-up unravels: Yet ANOTHER migrant sex attack exposed by brave schoolgirl victims. POLICE are tonight probing yet more claims of migrant sex attacks amid growing anger about an apparent cover-up of such crimes by politically correct authorities.
- Migrant sex attacks: Refugees as young as TWELVE arrested over assaults on women. AN INVESTIGATION has been launched after refugees as young as 12 YEARS OLD were arrested in connection with sexual assaults against women on a train.
- Despicable, Yes, but Not Inexplicable. SEXUAL COERCION IN PRIMATES AND HUMANS: An Evolutionary Perspective on Male Aggression Against Females. Edited by Martin N. Muller and Richard W. Wrangham. xii + 483 pp. Harvard University Press, 2009. Reviewed by Craig Stanford.
- Putin defends Russia's recent aggression, blames US and Europe for rising tensions. Germany's leading newspaper Bild has published an exclusive interview with Russia's president Vladimir Putin.
In partnership with Bild, Business Insider has published an English translation below. Putin discussed the Kremlin's relationship with Germany, tensions with the NATO alliance, and the common threat of terrorism Russia shares with the West.
Putin — currently juggling Russia's intervention in both Syria and eastern Ukraine — defended Moscow's decision to annex Crimea in March of 2014, saying "it is not borders and state territories that matter, but people’s fortunes."
He also spoke about his relationship with German chancellor Angela Merkel, saying he trusts her and calling her "a very open person." And he apologized for bringing his dog to a meeting with Merkel, who dislikes dogs, in 2007.
BILD publisher Kai Diekmann and senior politics editor Nikolaus Blome conducted the interview at Putin's residence in Sochi on January 5th. It was translated from German to English by BILD. This is Part 1...
- Cologne exposes a crisis in our continent, yet parliament is debating Donald Trump. Europe is going through a period of radical change, but it is facing this with a process of radical self-distraction. Unwilling to face up to our problems we obsess over the responses to those problems. There have been some startling recent examples. Douglas Murray.
- Will the sexual assaults in Cologne lead Germany to change its laws on deportation?. If Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany hasn’t made a New Year’s resolution yet, she’d better take a hard look at what happened on New Year’s Eve in the German cities of Cologne and Hamburg. Police reports and eyewitness accounts have described a horrible series of events taking place in the heart of Cologne on the night of December 31. Hundreds of men, later described by the police as “Arab and North African” in appearance, gathered in a rowdy mob on the steps of the Cologne cathedral. The crowd then spread to the nearby city train station, blocking passage for pedestrians, and began to rob and sexually assault female bystanders. The same night, young women partying on Hamburg’s Reeperbahn strip were apparently also surrounded, molested, and robbed by young men whom police later described as “southern and Arab.” On New Year’s Day, the Cologne police issued a press release saying they had dispersed an assembly of revelers in the city center the previous night, but they made no mention of any crimes committed. The same afternoon, a Cologne newspaper published the account of a 22-year-old woman, describing how she had been surrounded and groped in the train station. With that, the floodgates opened, and by January 5, women in Cologne had filed more than 100 criminal complaints, including two of rape. By January 6, women in Hamburg had filed more than 50 complaints of sexual assault and robbery.
- Suspects in Cologne sex attacks 'claimed to be Syrian refugees'. Leaked police report claims senior police officers feared fatalities and that one of those involved in attacks told officers: “I am Syrian. You have to treat me kindly. Mrs Merkel invited me".
- Cologne sex attacks: Women describe 'terrible' assaults. More than 100 women and girls have come forward with reports of sexual assault and robbery by gangs of men in the German city of Cologne on New Year's Eve.
- Why We Can’t Stay Silent on Germany’s Mass Sex Assaults. It took several days for the news of hundreds of sexual assaults in Cologne to make headlines. As progressives dither over what to say, the far right has already seized the opportunity. Maajid Nawas.
- 'Cover-up' over Cologne sex assaults blamed on migration sensitivities. Police and media have been accused of silence on wave of New Year's Eve assaults by men 'of north African or Arab appearance' because of fears of stirring social tensions.
- Huge influx of migrant men will lead to more sex attacks like those in Cologne, says analyst, as it's revealed Austrian police have ALSO covered up identical gang assaults. The massive influx into Europe of young, unaccompanied men will lead to a gender imbalance and more sex attacks like those seen in Cologne, a professor has warned. Crimes such as sexual assaults and rape become more common in 'masculinised' societies, while women's ability to travel without fear worsens, Dr Valerie Hudson claims. Her warning comes as police in Germany reveal the 'organised Arab or North African' sex gangs which terrorised more than 100 women in Cologne blocked officers from helping distressed victims. The chilling police report describes women being forced to run through a 'gauntlet' of drunken men while officers themselves were mobbed by victims claiming they had been sexually assaulted. But the problem is now believed to be far more widespread than initially thought. Today it emerged identical sex gangs are operating in neighbouring Austria, while more than 150 woman across five German cities have reported attacks. And in Switzerland, six women reported identical crimes in Zurich on New Year's Eve, while Finnish police intercepted information suggesting similar attacks were planned.
- Police in Germany are covering up the extent of crime committed by migrants, claim Bild. German officials have ordered a cover-up of crimes committed by migrants to prevent causing alarm, a local newspaper has claimed. Asylum seekers are being recruited across the country as cheap drug dealers as well as petty thieves, says German newspaper, Bild - the biggest daily paper in the country. The paper accused the police of covering up the extent of migrant crimes in order to stop concerns among the general population.
- Germany shocked by Cologne New Year gang assaults on women. The mayor of Cologne has summoned police for crisis talks after about 80 women reported sexual assaults and muggings by men on New Year's Eve.
- A 'new dimension' of sexual assault in Cologne. A mob of young men sexually assaulted and harassed dozens of women outside of Cologne's busy main train station on New Year's Eve. The city has said it wants to ensure that it never happens again.
- New Years Eve in Manchester. Party, party, party.
- Why we need grammar schools. Keeping high culture alive is vital for the preservation of peace and democracy. Roger Scruton.
- Muslim Reform Movement. We reject interpretations of Islam that call for any violence, social injustice and politicized Islam. We invite our fellow Muslims and neighbors to join us. We reject bigotry, oppression and violence against all people based on any prejudice, including ethnicity, gender, language, belief, religion, sexual orientation and gender expression. We are for secular governance, democracy and liberty. Every individual has the right to publicly express criticism of Islam. Ideas do not have rights. Human beings have rights. We stand for peace, human rights and secular governance. Please stand with us! M. Zuhdi Jasser and Raheel Raza et al.
- God’s secret map. ”Islam is neither ” a religion of war nor a religion of peace” – it’s just a religion”. That’s what Maajid Nawaz thinks. You may have heard his name before. He was a former leading light in Hizb ut-Tahrir and is today a top man in the London based Quilliam Foundation that is committed to combatting religious extremism. Including of course islamism. The quote is from the newly published Islam and the Future of Tolerance, a book co-authored by Maajid and the atheist and neuroscientist Sam Harris. And the theme? How free are scholars and believers to interpret islam’s texts in their own way. And this raises a problem. Helle Merete Brix.
- Decoding Daesh: Why is the new name for ISIS so hard to understand?. Arabic translator Alice Guthrie investigates 'Daesh', the new name for ISIS recently adopted by several world leaders because it delegitimises the group's activities. But how can a new name undermine a terrorist organisation? And why do the English-speaking media find the name so difficult to understand?
- Jonathan Haidt explains our contentious culture. Video interview with Haidt.
- The choice for the West: help root out Muslim extremism, or face a worldwide confrontation with Islam. Phil Lawler.
- How France’s Leaders Failed Its People. Michel Houellebecq.
- David Cameron: Muslim silent majority must tackle Islamist extremism.
Prime Minister says those who have failed to confront fanatics’ ideology must speak up as he announces plans to treat hate preachers like paedophiles.
- After the Pakistan school attack, we need to talk about Islam. Pretending that Islamist extremism has nothing to do with Islam simply plays into the radicals' hands: it is time to discuss religious reform.
- Paris and the fall of Rome. By Niall Ferguson.
- Russia – a game changer for global Christianity. Iben Thranholm.
- Russia and Islam.
Working Together, a Basic "How-To". The Saker.
- 'I do, I do, I do:' Brazilian female trio get hitched. Rio de Janeiro (AFP) - Three's a crowd? Not in Brazil, where three women have defied deeply conservative trends in Congress and wider traditional mores by celebrating a polyamorous civil union.
- Al-Aqsa Mosque Address: Europe Wants the Muslim Refugees as Labor; We Shall Conquer Their Countries. Memri.
- Anti-Refugee Folks: No Thanks, We Don’t Need Your “Warnings”. Europeans are beginning to wake up to this, but there are fascists, racists and theocrats who are pushing back against progress. It’s going to be a long and bitter struggle to put an end to global apartheid. Here in Iceland, we’re doing the best we can do. We have our own struggles, but they aren’t against our refugees. Our struggles are against deeply entrenched, institutionalised racism, corporate elites who hold the bottom line supreme above compassion, and culture warriors who offer hate in patriotic trimmings.
On the other hand, as we’ve shown, the vast majority of the country wants more refugees. They have organised to pressure those in charge to make this happen, and it’s having an effect. We do this not because we are starry-eyed, utopian Pollyannas who need your condescending bullshit warnings about what will happen to Iceland if we accept more refugees. We do this because we’ve done it before, we became better people because of it, and we are going to do it again. Deal with it.
- Tragic Aylan Kurdi’s father was the PEOPLE SMUGGLER driving doomed boat, claims survivor. THE migrant father of the three-year-old whose lifeless body washed up on a Turkish beach rocked the world has now been accused of being the people smuggler who captained the ill-fated boat trip to Europe.
- VIDEO: Muslim Protesters Clash With Rotherham Police. A “Rotherham Unites Muslim Lives Matter” rally descended into a riot yesterday afternoon. Two separate demonstrations were organised in the town that day; one by the group Britain First against Islamic rape gangs that proliferate in the town, and the other a so-called counter demonstration. [...] In the first video (below), the Rotherham Unites Muslim Lives Matter demonstration can be seem chanting “Who’s Streets? Our streets!” and “Enough is enough; Muslim Live Matter!”
- The Islamic State threat is overstated. Ramzy Mardini.
- Risking death at sea to escape boredom. Many people trying to start a new life in Europe want to escape war or extreme poverty, but large numbers of young Algerians are willing to risk death crossing the Mediterranean because they are bored and fed up with the lack of opportunities at home.
- Government: Tougher penalties for grenades and explosives. The Swedish government wants to increase the penalties for those who commit crimes with explosives and hand grenades, Swedish Radio News reports. This follows a series of detonations in Malmö during the summer.
- The British Left’s Hypocritical Embrace of Islamism. Anti-extremist campaigner Maajid Nawaz embodies grievances that liberals claim to care about. So why is he being viciously attacked by them?
- The IQ Gap Is No Longer a Black and White Issue. The fact that black immigrants to the United States have shown achievements that are superior to native black Americans has been a phenomenon studied since at least the 1970′s. At first it was just the Caribbean blacks who were a subject of this unexpected outcome. As black Africans kept immigrating into the US, they showed even higher levels of achievement than the native blacks. Many scholars theorized on the reasons for these differences, from Thomas Sowell’s proposal that this disproved the validity of discrimination against native blacks as an explanation for their underachievement (Sowell, 1978), to other scholars who suggested that these immigrants were just the most highly driven members of their home countries as evidenced by their willingness to migrate to a foreign country (Butcher, 1990). What most of these theories failed to predict was that the children of these immigrants would also show exceptional achievements, especially academically. It is only in recent years, as the immigrants have stayed long enough to produce a sufficiently high number of offspring, that it has been observed that they are over-represented among high academic achievers, especially when compared to native blacks, particularly at very elite institutions. What has been missed in the IQ debate is the full logical implication of these achievements: they have effectively nullified any arguments for a racial evolutionary explanation of the well-known IQ test score gap between blacks and whites. Even more fatal for the racial hereditarian side of the debate has been the corroborating data of school children performance in the UK, particularly when the black Africans are divided into their respective nationalities and tribal ethnicities, as reported in the latter section of this article. Chanda Chisala.
- Killing Jensen — Part 1. Professor Arthur Jensen was a brilliant psychologist who contributed many ideas to the field of human intelligence and its science of measurement (psychometrics). His research was so controversial that it is difficult to find people who do not either curse his name or swear by it. Despite the many valuable ideas he contributed to the field, he is most famous for a conclusion he made concerning racial IQs that proposed that whites have an IQ that is genetically above that of blacks, thus suggesting that some negative pathologies in black communities that result from a low IQ are basically unavoidable and resistant to any kind of normal intervention. Others argue that the lower average IQ of blacks is a result of something environmental: something in their culture or socioeconomic conditions.Chanda Chisala.
- UK: Politicians Urge Ban on the Term "Islamic State". Soeren Kern.
- First They Ignore You, Then You Laugh At Them, Then You Win - How The “Cuckservative” Meme Is Undermining Conservatism Inc. Alexander Hart.
- ‘Cuckservative’ — the conservative insult of the month, explained. David Weigel.
- “Cuckservative” is a Racist Slur and an Attack on Evangelical Christians. Erick Erickson.
- Uncovered: Puerto Rico's PISA Scores.
- Black Failure = Black Power. Steve Sailer.
- 'ISIS Sees Turkey as Its Ally': Former Islamic State Member Reveals Turkish Army Cooperation. A former member of ISIS has revealed the extent to which the cooperation of the Turkish military allows the terrorist group, who now control large parts of Iraq and Syria, to travel through Turkish territory to reinforce fighters battling Kurdish forces.
- Letter to all Christians from Prophet Muhammad (sa). How should Muslims treat Christians? With violence? Anger? Hatred? The answer is none of the above. Below is the English rendering of a letter purportedly written by the Prophet Muhammad (sa) to all Christians. In a time when tensions between Islam and Christianity seem to be at an all time high, we remind our Christian friends that a true Muslim cannot hurt a Christian in any way, neither by his hand, nor by his tongue.
- Christians, Jews and Muslims at the general election: which parties do they vote for?. Britain: Nearly three quarters of Muslims vote for the Labour Party. Muslims and Third World immigrants overwhelmingly support left-wing parties all over the Western world. Socialists can mass import new voters.
- New Pluto Photos Contain Multitude of Mysteries. Scientists are stunned at the incredible new images of the surface of Pluto, its largest moon Charon and its farthest-flung moon Hydra, which are just the tip of the scientific iceberg that will be sent back by NASA's New Horizons probe in the wake of its epic flyby.
- Obama’s silence on Kathryn Steinle killing is deafening. After Trayvon Martin was killed, President Obama spoke emotionally about his death, declaring “this could have been my son.”
After Michael Brown was killed, Obama promised to ensure that “justice is done” and declared: “We lost a young man, Michael Brown, in heartbreaking and tragic circumstances. He was 18 years old. His family will never hold Michael in their arms again.” He even sent administration officials to attend Brown’s funeral. After Freddie Gray was killed, Obama walked out to the Rose Garden and declared: “We have some soul-searching to do. This has been going on for a long time. This is not new, and we shouldn’t pretend that it’s new.”
But after Kathryn Steinle was killed July 1, allegedly by an illegal immigrant with seven felony convictions, Obama said . . . nothing.
- Son of Tory MP beaten unconscious by three females outside Leicester Square KFC as security guards just 'looked on' during vicious brawl. All three are black females aged in their 20s or 30s.
- Millennials Outnumber Baby Boomers and Are Far More Diverse, Census Bureau Reports.
- Raped in a playground at 11, abused by seven men a night aged 12: Victim of Rotherham Asian sex gang scandal tells her truly horrifying story.
- Through a Glass, Dishonestly. Thoughts on the attacks in Tunisia and elsewhere. Theodore Dalrymple.
- South Africa's long walk to decline. The end of apartheid was signalled 25 years ago today – but South Africa’s dreams lie in tatters.
- Corrective rape: The homophobic fallout of post-apartheid South Africa. South Africa has one of the highest rates of rape in the world - including 'corrective rape' - used to 'cure' lesbian women of their homosexuality.
- Migration threatens European civilisation: Hungary PM.
- ‘Religion of Peace’ Is Not a Harmless Platitude. When politicans tell us that Islamist attacks have nothing to do with Islam, it helps no one understand the threat we face. Unless mainstream politicians address these matters then one day perhaps the public will overtake their politicians to a truly alarming extent. By Douglas Murray.
- It Doesn't Matter Which Group Carried Out Friday's Attacks.
Although it was probably the Islamic State, any of the Islamist groups worldwide could have carried out the attacks - which were ideological.
By Elliot Friedland.
- Forget the Greek crisis or Britain's referendum, this tidal wave of migrants could be the biggest threat to Europe since the war. Michael Burleigh.
- 'Rape worse in Sweden than India', says Gandhi. India's women's minister Maneka Gandhi says that Sweden has worse problems with rape than India.
- 'I rejoiced when we had our first sex slave, forced sex ISN'T rape and they should be thankful': Chilling rant of twisted ISIS jihadi bride who justifies kidnapping and abusing Yazidi girls. Jihadi bride admits ISIS commit sexual crimes in its propaganda magazine. Shockingly claims the abuse of young women captured in war is not rape.
ISIS is selling 'prettiest Yazidi virgins' to slave auctions, UN envoy claims.
- Atheists 'have higher IQs': Their intelligence 'makes them more likely to dismiss religion as irrational and unscientific'. Research found those with higher IQs more likely to dismiss religion.
Another drawback to being religious, or at least Christian is losing out on top jobs.
- Student Who Banned White Men From Diversity Event Insists: “I Can’t Be Racist Because I’m Not White”. A student who banned white people and men from a students’ union equality event has insisted that she can’t be racist because she is an “ethnic minority woman”.
- More than 42,000 people were shot dead in one year in Brazil, UN says.
Every day more than 115 people died because of a firearm in 2012, the highest level of deaths by a gun in 35 years, a study finds.
- Homicides in Brazil reach historic high. Newly released figures from 2012 show 42,416 deaths from incidents involving firearms.
- Pamela Geller: A Response to My Critics—This Is a War. Some are saying I provoked this attack. But to kowtow to violent intimidation will only encourage more of it.
- Decoding the Rules of Baltimore. For the left, rioting is an effective political tool. Victor Davis Hanson.
- Hillary Clinton: Police Intentionally Killing Black Men is ‘Unmistakable and Undeniable’.
- New Black Panther Head: Like Founding Fathers, We Are Willing to Kill for Black Nation.
- Isis militants embrace 'gay' men before 'stoning them to death in public' in Syria. Jihadists have been posing as gay men in a bid to trap victims, a report has claimed, as Isis released pictures purporting to show two allegedly homosexual men being embraced by militants before they were brutally stoned to death in public.
- Cape Town university votes for removal of colonial statue.
- Modern medicine did not help Germanwings pilot, it may have damaged him. Whatever else may be said about Andreas Lubitz, the pilot who deliberately crashed his Germanwings jet into the French Alps, killing himself and 149 passengers, he did not lack medical attention: he as under treatment for a good proportion of his relatively short adult life. To judge by the terrible outcome, however, it didn’t do him much good. On the contrary: it is even possible, though not provable, that it made him worse. For example, the antidepressants that he was taking might have inclined him to an extremely violent act. Many mass killers have been taking such drugs when they committed their acts, for example Matti Saari, aged 22, who shot and killed 10 students in normally peaceful Finland before also killing himself. [...] Andreas Lubitz was not depressed, he was of bad character, for the improvement of which there is no drug. He was an angry narcissist, murderous at least as much as he was suicidal. [...] Adreas Lubitz was treated as if he were ill, thereby disguising from him his own responsibility for his state of mind. He was a narcissist whose sorrows and failures made him vengeful and murderous as well as suicidal. He thirsted for fame, though he had no achievements that entitled him to it, and he was willing to sacrifice 149 others to achieve it. He was prescribed useless drugs that possibly contributed to his aggression. It is a very modern story.Theodore Dalrymple.
- Sweden facing “systemic collapse” in dealing with ISIS recruitment. The Swedish security police SÄPO, the first, last and only line of defense against the growing ISIS-threat, has just released it’s annual report for 2014. The 84-page report (available as a translateable PDF here) covers Russian espionage, dignitary protection detail and other traditional tasks for this kind of government agency, but one area stands out: Counterterrorism and the surge of Sweden as a primary recruitment base for ISIS terrorists.
- A grotesque love of propaganda. Unspeakable barbarity. The loathing of Jews - and a hunger for world domination. In this stunning intervention, literary colossus V.S. NAIPAUL says ISIS is now the Fourth Reich.
- ISIS Campaign Of Executing Homosexuals – By Stoning, Shooting, Throwing Off Roofs, Public Torture: In Accordance With Shari'a Law As Explained By Influential Mainstream Islamic Preachers, Scholars On Leading Arab Media Outlets, Including Al-Jazeera, Hamas's Al-Aqsa TV – WARNING – GRAPHIC IMAGES.
- Isis claims responsibility for Tunisia museum attack and warns deadly shooting is 'just first drop of the rain'.
- Sweden shooting puts focus on life in 'ghettoes without hope'. With a bystander one of the two men shot dead in Gothenburg, gang violence has made marginalised immigrant communities a matter for national debate.
- Teenager, 18, raped as she waited at bus stop on busy main road as DOZENS of cars drove past. The 18-year-old girl was waiting for a bus into Leeds City centre on Friday. Police believe she was attacked by an Asian man in his 20s of slim build. The attacker subjected the girl to a terrifying sexual assault before fleeing.
- Reza Aslan: Sam Harris and “New Atheists” aren’t new, aren’t even atheists. Renowned scholar calls Harris, Dawkins anti-theists, and as dogmatic, fundamentalist as true believers. Reza Aslan.
- People know the consequences: Opposing view. Anjem Choudary.
- Durham Free School to close after government funding withdrawn. A free school put in special measures following a damning Ofsted report is to be closed by the government.
- Pupils at Christian school branded 'bigots' because one boy didn't know what a Muslim was - and now inspectors have ordered it to CLOSE.
- The moment American blogger's wife was left covered in blood next to her husband's mutilated body after he was hacked to death by Muslim militants for insulting Islam and 'in retaliation for U.S. strikes on ISIS'.
- Avijit Roy was hacked to death for his secular views. Let’s share his story. Alom Shaha.
- Islamic State 'planning to use Libya as gateway to Europe'. Exclusive: Jihadists hoping to use Libya as a "gateway" to wage war across the whole of southern Europe, plans by Isil supporters reveal.
- Sweden: Rape Capital of the West. Ingrid Carlqvist and Lars Hedegaard.
- Little known tale of generous Turkish aid to the Irish during the Great Hunger.
- More On "No-Go Zones": Displacing What Is Disagreeable. Douglas Murray.
- Does Europe Have No-go Zones?. Daniel Pipes.
- European 'No-Go' Zones: Fact or Fiction? Part 2: Britain. Soeren Kern.
- The fiddling with temperature data is the biggest science scandal ever. New data shows that the “vanishing” of polar ice is not the result of runaway global warming.
- South Africa's Soweto area, once epicenter of resistance to apartheid, convulsed by looting. South African youths recently swept through an intersection in the heart of Soweto township, breaking into immigrant-owned shops and grabbing whatever they could — soda, a loaf of bread, sometimes even the shelves. Nearly 40 years ago, at the same intersection, young blacks marched to protest the white racist rulers of the time, drawing a bloody crackdown that shocked the world. The recent looting and unrest that hit Soweto and other areas around Johannesburg was not as bloody as the anti-apartheid demonstrations and the ensuing bloodshed in 1976. But it alarmed a nation built on the ideals of racial reconciliation and underscored that, two decades after apartheid was replaced by the promise of a "rainbow nation," many South Africans remain marginalized by a lack of economic opportunity. Resentment against foreigners stoked the looting and rioting in late January that killed six people and forced many shopkeepers to flee.
- 'Religion of peace' is not a harmless platitude. To face Islamist terror, we must face the facts about Islam's history. Douglas Murray.
- Obama: Charlie who?. Charles Krauthammer.
- In Graphic Photos and On Twitter, ISIS Members Record and Tout Executions of Gay Men. The attacks, which also include the stoning of an adulterer, appear to have taken place in Mosul and were distributed by ISIS social media accounts.
- Thrown from a roof, stoned to death and crucified: While the world reacts with horror to terror in Europe, new ISIS executions show the medieval brutality jihadists would bring to the West.
- Discovering a Lost and Forgotten Early Christian 'Gospel'. James D. Tabor.
- The Formidable Philosophical Obstacles to Islamic Constitutionalism, by Robert R. Reilly.
- Islamic State (ISIS) Releases Pamphlet On Female Slaves. The Research and Fatwa Department of the Islamic State (ISIS) has released a pamphlet on the topic of female captives and slaves. The pamphlet, which is dated Muharram 1436 (October/November 2014) and was printed by ISIS's publishing house, Al-Himma Library, is titled Su'al wa-Jawab fi al-Sabi wa-Riqab ("Questions and Answers on Taking Captives and Slaves"). It was presumably released in response to the uproar caused by the many reports this summer that ISIS had taken Yazidi girls and women as sex slaves. Written in the form of questions and answers, it clarifies the position of Islamic law (as ISIS interprets it) on various relevant issues, and states, among other things, that it is permissible to have sexual intercourse with non-Muslim slaves, including young girls, and that it is also permitted to beat them and trade in them.
- France sees fall in New Year's Eve car-burnings. The number of cars set alight in France on New Year's Eve fell significantly this year, the government has said. Some 12% fewer cars were set alight on Wednesday compared with 2013, in a measure of what has effectively become an annual event in French suburbs since riots in 2005 in Paris and elsewhere.
- Isis booklet issues guidelines to mothers on how to raise 'jihadi babies'.
- Angela Merkel issues New Year’s warning over rightwing Pegida group. German chancellor claims leaders of movement, referred to as ‘pinstripe Nazis’, are rooted in prejudice, coldness, and hatred.
- Raping and Beheading the Faithful. Muslim Persecution of Christians, August 2014. By Raymond Ibrahim.
- Muslims Hack Off Christian Man's Head After Forcing Him to Deny Jesus Christ and Salute Mohammed as 'Messenger of God'.
- Best photos of the year 2014.
- Faces of the hostages: Heroic Sydney cafe manager, 34, shot dead as he grabbed terrorist's gun to protect others - and the brilliant young barrister and mother of three, 38, who died in hospital after the siege.
- Germans Rise Up Against Islamization. Soeren Kern.
- He may have unravelled DNA, but James Watson deserves to be shunned. The scientist is crying poverty and selling his Nobel prize medal, but why should anyone be interested in his racist, sexist views? Adam Rutherford.
- The Encouragers: Jihadists' Agents of Influence, by Douglas Murray.
- ‘I am an unperson’: ‘Racist’ DNA discoverer James Watson forced to sell Nobel Prize medal.
- Awaiting the awakening. As I mentioned in my previous post, journalist and patriot Eric Zemmour is all over the place with interviews and a new book ominously entitled Le Suicide français. The title alone tells us that he has refashioned, in his own way, the thoughts of many writers before him who have also compared the current crisis to a national suicide, among them Renaud Camus, Alain Finkielkraut, Laurent Obertone, and Jean Raspail.
These excerpts from a longer interview (not online) are posted at Le Salon Beige.
- Thirteen Somali men convicted of running Bristol sex ring that targeted vulnerable British girls as young as 13. More than a dozen Somali men have been convicted of running an inner city sex ring where vulnerable British girls as young as 13 were abused, raped and forced into prostitution in the latest appalling case of organised abuse to blight yet another city.
- Fourteen Somali men guilty of running Bristol child sex ring. Judge questions why social services gave 16-year-old own flat which was taken over by Somali gang to sell drugs and abuse her.
- Muslim 'apostates' come out of hiding in Europe. A number of Muslims in Europe are publicly abandoning their religion to become Christians or agnostics despite their former community's taboo against such acts.
In France, the film "The Apostle" by filmmaker Cheyenne Carron has meanwhile lifted the veil on "apostasy" by telling the story of a young Muslim who converted to Catholicism and how he had trouble getting family and friends to accept his choice."It is time for us to stop hiding," said Pastor Said Oujibou, 46, who left radical Islam for evangelical protestantism and who is among the few converts to have publicised his decision in France.
He said he is "tolerated" by his former co-religionists, even if he admits to having sparked "sarcasm and annoyance" from them.
But he warned against the "double talk" that certain branches of Islam in France close to the Muslim Brotherhood and Salafists use toward apostate Muslims.
- Scandinavians are the earliest Europeans. Scientists have sequenced a 37,000-year-old genome. The results show that present-day Scandinavians are the closest living relatives to the first people in Europe.
- Female Indonesian police recruits forced to undergo ‘virginity tests’. Two-finger examination that leaves women traumatised, humiliated and in pain is listed as requirement to join force.
- Obama says the Islamic State ‘is not Islamic.’ Americans disagree. Aaron Blake.
- ‘ISIS’ vs. ‘ISIL’ vs. ‘Islamic State’: The political importance of a much-debated acronym. Jaime Fuller.
- Science Says Lasting Relationships Come Down To 2 Basic Traits. Emily Esfahani Smith, The Atlantic.
- An open letter to Ben Affleck. Eiynah.
- Transgender rights group campaigns for mixed school toilets. Girls and boys at secondary school should share the same toilet facilities so that transgender children do not have to choose which to use, according to gay and transgender rights group COC.
- The strong appeal of ISIL. Dr. Mordechai Kedar.
- Stretch Genes. A Troublesome Inheritance: Genes, Race and Human History, by Nicholas Wade. Reviewed by
H. Allen Orr.
- Don't Trouble Yourself. A Troublesome Inheritance: Genes, Race and Human History, by Nicholas Wade. Reviewed by Philip N. Cohen.
- Letters: ‘A Troublesome Inheritance’.
- The Fault in Our DNA - ‘A Troublesome Inheritance’ and ‘Inheritance’. A Troublesome Inheritance: Genes, Race and Human History, by Nicholas Wade. Reviewed by David Dobbs.
- Charging Into the Minefield of Genes and Racial Difference.
Nicholas Wade’s ‘A Troublesome Inheritance’. By Arthur Allen.
- Racism 2.0. This year (2014) has seen the publication of two extraordinarily important academic monographs on racism – its histories and legacies. In drafting a primer on racism entitled Hva er rasisme? [What is racism?] due out for publication in Norwegian with Universitetsforlaget in Oslo (a main academic publisher in Norway) in early 2015 in a series modelled on Oxford University Press’ excellent Very Short Introductions together with senior researcher Cora A. Døving at the HL-Centre in Oslo, I have found Prof Francisco Bethencourt’s and Prof Robert Wald Sussman’s to provide a wealth of interesting material. These are dense and detailed scholarly work, so I will not even attempt to summarize their content, but rather zone in on what to my mind is the most important lessons for the analysis of racism in the past and in the present that these works provide us with. Sindre Bangstad.
- Now is the time to slow down immigration. The right’s reaction to public concern has been dysfunctional – but we must take time to ease tensions and take stock of social consequences. By Paul Collier, professor of economics and public policy at the Blavatnik School of Government at the University of Oxford, and the author of Exodus: Immigration and Multiculturalism in the 21st Century.
- Eric Pickles takes over ‘rotten’ Tower Hamlets. Crackdown on London borough’s ‘partisan approach to politics’ represents one of his biggest interventions in local government.
- In Torrent of Rapes in Britain, an Uncomfortable Focus on Race and Ethnicity. ROCHDALE, England — Shabir Ahmed, a delivery driver for two takeout places, did not have to go looking for young girls. Runaways and rebellious teenagers would show up at the restaurants, often hungry and cold. He slipped them free drinks and chicken tikka masala. “Call me Daddy,” he would say. But soon, Mr. Ahmed, a father of four, would demand payback. In a room above one of the restaurants, according to testimony and evidence in later legal proceedings against him, he would play a pornographic DVD and pass around shots of vodka. Then, on a floor mattress with crumpled blue sheets and kitchen smells wafting from below, he raped them, and later forced them into sex with co-workers and friends, too. The girls were too scared of him to talk. And when they did, no one believed them. Once, a 15-year-old got so drunk and upset that she smashed a glass counter. Mr. Ahmed and his colleagues did not hesitate to call the police. After she was released, she was coerced into sex four or five times a week, sometimes with half a dozen men at a time, in apartments and taxis around Rochdale, a town in northwest England near Manchester.
- The sould of Europe. [...] In addition to anti-Semitic perversion, I have seen the overthrow of the very idea of Human Rights, which now includes polygamy in Paris and the prohibition of alcohol in areas of London and Brussels defined as “Sharia neighborhoods.” Human Rights now mean support by EU Foreign Minister Catherine Ashton for a hunger strike in an Israeli jail while hundreds of thousands of Syrians and Iraqis are dying. I have seen European judges releasing terrorists who conspire to carry out attacks under the rubric of “fighting for freedom.” I have seen TV that invites an ISIS terrorist to debate a famous Jewish left-wing Italian conductor. Over the years I have witnessed the subtle strengthening of an anti-Israeli point of view, both persistent and persecutory, that hides under a false pretense of peace. Fiamma Nirenstein.
- Freedom of speech quenched in Germany. A court in Bavaria, the largest state in Germany, has reaffirmed that it is lawful for the government to spy on citizens who are opposed to the construction of a controversial mega-mosque in Munich. The ruling effectively quashes a lawsuit filed by anti-mosque activists who argue that state surveillance is an intimidation tactic aimed at silencing public opposition to the mosque. The ruling comes just days after another court in Bavaria ordered a leading anti-mosque campaigner to pay a hefty fine for “defaming” Islam after he repeatedly warned that Islam is incompatible with democracy. Meanwhile, Munich city officials have announced that a public referendum on the mosque—now known as the Munich Forum for Islam—will not be allowed to take place, even though anti-mosque activists have gathered twice the number of signatures needed to allow local citizens to determine if the mosque should be built. Anti-mosque activists say the recent actions show that the enforcers of multiculturalism in Bavaria have determined that the mosque project will proceed, even if it requires bypassing the democratic process, and that public opposition to the project will be silenced, even it if entails trampling on the constitutional right to free speech.
- About Progress. Last Saturday, I published a post in Norwegian about the populist Progress Party, currently a junior partner in a Conservative-led government around here. It hadn’t occurred to me that it would be widely read (my blog was notoriously ignored and sadly neglected), but to my great surprise, it began to spread epidemically on Facebook within hours. The newspaper Dagbladet reproduced a distorted version of the gist (their reporter revealed a limited understanding of punctuation), stirring up a bit of controversy for a few hours. The other major media, to their considerable credit, respected my wish not to engage. I was busy (with, ironically, a conference on identity in situations of accelerated change) and had no desire, besides, to participate in political debate. Sensing a breeze brewing in a teapot, I emptied the teapot to prevent the tempest from developing; in a word, I took the post down. Notwithstanding, here it is again, with somewhat modified language (fewer colloquialisms and double entendres), and a bit of necessary context for the non-local readership – but it can doubtless be misunderstood again. Enjoy!. Thomas Hylland Eriksen.
- Numb to horror: Women walk past headless corpses in the street without raising an eyebrow in shocking video depicting life under ISIS rule.
WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT IN THE BELOW IMAGES AND VIDEO
Footage filmed in Raqqa shows decapitated corpses scattered in street
Syrian soldiers' heads have been impaled on spikes as a message to civilians
Civilians walk past scenes of unimaginable horror seemingly unaffected.
- Taxi firm which offered white drivers on demand after two of Pakistani origin were jailed for sex-grooming of girls backs down after its Asian drivers go on strike.
Rochdale minicab firm Car 2000 had offered white or local drivers on demand
Firm bought out Eagle Taxis which was at the centre of grooming scandal
Two drivers of Pakistani origin were jailed for part in sex trafficking and rape
Company boss said decision reversed after all 55 Asian drivers walked out.
- Taxi firm in Rochdale offers white drivers on demand after two of Pakistani origin were jailed for sex-grooming of girls in town.
Minicab firm Car 2000 says customers are asking for white or 'local' drivers
Firm bought out Eagle Taxis which was at the centre of grooming scandal
Two drivers of Pakistani origin were jailed for part in sex trafficking & rape
Labour MP Simon Danczuk has branded development 'extremely worrying'.
- Rochdale taxi firm admits providing white drivers on request. Car 2000 minicab company, which serves area where Asian grooming gangs have operated, says it is catering to demand.
- Report from Budapest. Jared Taylor, American Renaissance.
- Towards a World Brotherhood of Europeans. Jared Taylor, American Renaissance.
- ISIS releases sickening video clip showing Syrian woman being stoned to death by group of men - including her own father.
Shocking footage understood to have been filmed in Syrian city of Hama.
Cleric seen ranting at woman and accusing her of committing adultery.
Woman told to be 'content and happy' at stoning as it is ordered by God.
She pleads for her life before asking if her father could ever forgive her.
He responds telling her not to call him father, then orders murder to begin.
- Security services monitoring 'thousands' of terrorism suspects in London, says Boris Johnson. Mayor of London discloses that threat from Isil and other terrorist groups is larger than previously known.
- Islam and its interpretations. The way out is for an Islamic equivalent of the New Testament. Learned Islamic scholars need to put their heads together and present basic scriptures in a manner that the meaning and context of every “aayt” and every Hadith is made unambiguously clear, leaving no room for misinterpretation or misrepresentation. This annotated text should then be declared as the authorised version of Islamic beliefs. Otherwise, we will continue to struggle to understand what real Islam is while leaving the field open for fanatics to distort it at will.
By Hasan Suroor.
- Stop Denying the Obvious: Islam is a Problem. To defeat IS we should do more than just bomb its strongholds in the Middle East; we should no longer turn a blind eye to the violent nature of Islam. We should demand that those who settle in our countries cast aside values incompatible with ours. Last week, I proposed in the Dutch Parliament that we ask an oath of all people from Islamic countries who wish to be members of our society. In the oath they have to explicitly distance themselves from Sharia law and the violent verses in the Koran. Those who do not want to take the oath are no longer welcome. They should leave our country at once. This measure forces us to see the reality which Obama, Cameron and other Western leaders refuse to see: there is a huge problem – also in our countries – caused by the violent exhortations of Islam. Only when we face this truth, we will be able to win the war we are in. Geert Wilders. Hat tip Document.no.
- Seven active investigations into suspected South Yorkshire grooming gangs underway. Seven ‘significant’ investigations into suspected child grooming gangs are underway in South Yorkshire - including two in Rotherham, it has been revealed.
- Islam and the killing of 'innocents'. Denis MacEoin.
- It's not a small world after all: world population will soar. WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Contrary to some earlier projections, the world's population will soar through the end of the 21st century thanks largely to sub-Saharan Africa's higher-than-expected birth rates, United Nations and other population experts said on Thursday.
- Outraged Swiss village of 1,000 residents forced to raise taxes after African refugee mother-of-seven moves there and costs them £40,000 a month in benefits.
- Germany's "Sharia Police". Soeren Kern, Gatestone Institute (hat tip Document).
- Radical Islam: Muslims sexually enslaving children: A global phenomenon. Raymond Ibrahim.
- I fear Islamic extremism in these schools is just the tip of the iceberg. By Manzoor Moghal, chairman of the Muslim Forum, who warned 10 years ago in the Mail of militants targeting our schools.
- The chaos theory of evolution. New Scientist, 18 October 2010, Keith Bennett.
- Weep for slaughtered Christians, not for dialogue with Islam. Phil Lawler.
- Social Media and the ‘Spiral of Silence’. Pew Research Internet Project.
- The Making of a Disaster. LONDON — Almost 13 years after 9/11, a jihadi organization with a murderous anti-Western ideology controls territory in Iraq and Syria, which are closer to Europe and the United States than Afghanistan is. It commands resources and camps and even a Syrian military base. It spreads its propaganda through social media. It has set the West on edge through the recorded beheading of the American journalist James Foley — with the promise of more to come.
What went wrong? The United States and its allies did not go to war to eradicate Al Qaeda camps in Afghanistan only to face — after the expenditure of so much blood and treasure — a more proximate terrorist threat with a Qaeda-like ideology. The “war on terror,” it seems, produced only a metastasized variety of terror. Roger Cohen.
- 16% of French Citizens Support ISIS, Poll Finds.
- Muslims must be honest about Qur’an. Tarek Fatah, Toronto Sun.
- Just a Bit More Beheading than We Are Used To. Douglas Murray, Gatestone Institute.
- Do nothing, and we invite the tide of terror to our front door. As the problem of Isil worsens by the day, it is surely time to bring back control orders. Boris Johnson.
- Foley May Have Volunteered For Execution.
- Are we becoming more STUPID?. IQ scores are decreasing - and some experts argue it's because humans have reached their intellectual peak.
- 'Twice as Many' British Muslims Fighting for ISIS Than in UK Armed Forces. There are now more than twice as many British Muslims fighting for Islamic State than there are serving in the British armed forces, according to a British Member of Parliament (MP). Khalid Mahmood, the MP for Perry Barr in Birmingham, estimates that at least 1,500 young British Muslims have been recruited by extremists fighting in Iraq and Syria in the last three years.
- Muslim, Zionist and Proud. I am a Zionist, a proud Muslim Zionist, and I love Israel, but this was not always the case. In fact, for many years I was quite the extreme opposite. I experienced the high levels of anti-Semitism and anti-Israel activity taking place on British university campuses, because I was the anti-Semitic, anti-Israel activist.
Growing up in the Muslim community in the UK I was exposed to materials and opinions at best condemning Israel, painting Jews as usurpers and murderers, and at worse calling for the wholesale destruction of the "Zionist Entity" and all Jews. In short, there was no accommodating a Jewish State in the Middle East.
- Families' outrage at Libya war graves desecration. Families of British Second World War soldiers whose graves were desecrated by extremists in Libya have spoken of their outrage at the attacks.
- Hague Mayor will ban protest. The Hague’s Mayor Jozias van Aartsen will make the executive decision to ban a new anti-IS (formerly ISIS) protest in the Schilderswijk planned for next month, in an effort to stem the possibility of violent clashes erupting between supporters and opposers of IS in the city. According to sources for the Algemeen Dagblad, the Mayor says that the chance of riots at the demonstration is too high. In June, there were two separate occasions in which demonstrators openly showed support for the radicalized islamic terrorist organization IS. A protest against IS last Sunday got out of hand to the extent that demonstrators and IS-sympathizers clashed.
- Trapped in an ISIS Prison, And There May Be No U.S. Rescue. The siege on Iraq’s Mt. Sinjar may have broken. But ISIS has taken hundreds, if not thousands, of Iraq’s ethnic minorities prisoner. They’re begging for help before it’s too late.
- Are "Integrated Muslims" Integrated?. Douglas Murray.
- China: Chinese Eugenics?. Ron Unz, The American Conservative.
- Chinese Eugenics: Ron Unz’s “How Social Darwinism Made Modern China”.
- How Social Darwinism Made Modern China. A thousand years of meritocracy shaped the Middle Kingdom. Ron Unz, The American Conservative.
- Chinese project probes the genetics of genius. Bid to unravel the secrets of brainpower faces scepticism. Ed Yong, Nature.
- China Is Engineering Genius Babies. It’s not exactly news that China is setting itself up as a new global superpower, is it? While Western civilization chokes on its own gluttony like a latter-day Marlon Brando, China continues to buy up American debt and lock away the world’s natural resources. But now, not content to simply laugh and make jerk-off signs as they pass us on the geopolitical highway, they’ve also developed a state-endorsed genetic-engineering project.
At BGI Shenzhen, scientists have collected DNA samples from 2,000 of the world’s smartest people and are sequencing their entire genomes in an attempt to identify the alleles which determine human intelligence. Apparently they’re not far from finding them, and when they do, embryo screening will allow parents to pick their brightest zygote and potentially bump up every generation's intelligence by five to 15 IQ points. Within a couple of generations, competing with the Chinese on an intellectual level will be like challenging Lena Dunham to a getting-naked-on-TV contest.
Geoffrey Miller, an evolutionary psychologist and lecturer at NYU, is one of the 2,000 braniacs who contributed their DNA. I spoke to him about what this creepy-ass program might mean for the future of Chinese kids.
- Chinese Eugenics Factory Collects “Genius” DNA To Breed “Enhanced” People. Jurriaan Maessen, Infowars.com.
- When Research Turns Ugly: Beyond Geoffrey Miller’s Fat-Shaming Tweet. A University of New Mexico evolutionary psychologist ignited a firestorm of angry response with a crude observation that he’s claiming was research. But Miller’s tweet is representative of a bigger problem. Ford Vox, Pacific Standard Magazine.
- The Big Questions: Eugenics and Ethno-States. Kevin MacDonald.
- Outrageously bad “Chinese Eugenics” article published on Edge.org. In Edge.org‘s 2013 collection ‘What Should We Be Worried About?’, the first piece is ‘Chinese Eugenics‘ by Geoffrey Miller. It’s one of the worst nonsense-mines I’ve ever tumbled into. Apart from being classic, semi-racist “China is going to take over the world” fear-mongering, it’s also wildly inaccurate and misleading, and just completely wrong in many places.
- Islamic extremist shakes Sweden with TV threat. An Islamic extremist who threatened Sweden on Arabic TV has police on alert. One terror expert says the threat should be taken seriously, and that Sweden is in desperate need of a counter-extremism programme.
- Who Said It? Some Amazing Flip-Flops on Same-Sex Marriage. Michael Brown.
- An Open Letter To Moderate Muslims. Michael Brown.
- 'Hamas wants Israel completely destroyed'. Ayaan Hirsi Ali, one of the world's most prominent fighters against radical Islam, defends Israel's right to fight Hamas, says the West is refusing to recognize the danger of growing Muslim extremism • "Netanyahu should get a Nobel Peace Prize," she says.
- ESA’s Rosetta close to comet. After a decade-long journey chasing its target, ESA’s Rosetta has today become the first spacecraft to rendezvous with a comet, opening a new chapter in Solar System exploration.
- Decline and Fall of Western Civilization By Daniel Greenfield. It is hard for most people to grasp and understand that they are living through the period of the decline and eventually destruction of their countries and their entire way of life, yet that is what we are seeing now.
The European continent, the core of Western civilization is collapsing. European birth rates have fallen below replacement rates [and the continent is headed towards] economic collapse.
- Genes more important than environment for mental illness: study. Living in a disadvantaged area does not increase your risk to develop mental illness, according to a new Swedish study. Genes are a much more important factor.
- How mass migration hurts us all: No, it's not the Mail saying this, but the verdict of a top Left-wing economist from Cambridge. Minor economic benefits of migration are 'outweighed by social pressures'.
Professor Robert Rawthorn gave the stark warning in think-tank report.
The verdict pushes against pro-migration studies published in recent years.
- Islamic State Releases ‘Eid Greetings’ Video Purporting to Show Foreign Fighters.
- ISIS Crucifies 8 Christians in Syria for Apostasy From Islam.
- Afro-Chinese marriages boom in Guangzhou: but will it be 'til death do us part'?. Guangzhou is witnessing many Afro-Chinese marriages, but the mainland's lack of citizenship rights for husbands and a crackdown on foreign visas means families live in fear of being torn apart, writes Jenni Mars.
- Tibetan altitude gene inherited 'from extinct species'. A gene that allows present-day people to cope with life at high altitude was inherited from an extinct species of human, Nature journal has reported.
- Magnus Carlsen's Parents on Raising the World's Best Chess Player. The family of the unmatched chess prodigy gave him time to find his passion, but never went easy on him.
- Wading in the Zeitgeist. Like apparently everybody who can read, still a probable majority in the U.S., I have just finished Nicholas Wade’s A Troublesome Inheritance, which deals with the genetics of human behavior, race, intelligence, how they came about, and related things about which one must never, ever state the obvious. It is a fine book: cogent, well-informed, devoid of political propaganda. Anyone interested in the foregoing matters should read it. If you are a Democrat, have it shipped in a package marked Weird Sex Books to protect your reputation. It is creating a great disturbance among professors, the right-thinking press, those college students who have heard of it, race panders, and related herbivores. This is curious. Reduced to a sentence, Wade says that genes have a lot to do with human outcomes. Its major conclusions have been accepted or suspected forever in every blue-collar bar in the country. Yet they are a shock in faculty lounges. By Fred Reed. For criticism of the book, see e.g. Andrew Sullivan.
- Rural school deemed 'too white' by Ofsted visits London to mix with ethnic pupils.
- Palestinian professor resigns over students' trip to Auschwitz. Mohammed Dajani leaves post at Al Quds University after months of death threats, riots and intimidation over field trip to former Nazi concentration camp.
- A commentary on the collection of the Quran to a single book.
- Bodies of 800 babies, long-dead, found in septic tank at former Irish home for unwed mothers.
- A Heated Debate: Are Climate Scientists Being Forced to Toe the Line?. After joining a controversial lobby group critical of climate change, meteorologist Lennart Bengtsson claims he was shunned by colleagues, leading him to quit. Some scientists complain pressure to conform to consensus opinion has become a serious hindrance in the field. News that Lennart Bengtsson, the respected former director of Germany's Max Planck Institute for Meteorology, had joined the Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF), sent shockwaves through the climate research community. GWPF is most notable for its skepticism about climate change and its efforts to undermine the position of the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). The tremors his decision sent through the scientific community shocked Bengtsson.
- What Happens When A Palestinian Doesn’t Hate Israel Enough?.
- Medieval slave trade routes in Eastern Europe extended from Finland and the Baltic Countries to Asia. The routes of slave trade in Eastern Europe in the medieval and pre-modern period extended all the way to the Caspian Sea and Central Asia. A recent study completed at the University of Eastern Finland suggests that persons captured during raids into areas which today constitute parts of Finland, the Russian Karelia and the Baltic Countries ended up being sold on these remote trade routes. There was a particular demand for blonde girls and boys who were seen as exotic luxury items, and it was financially beneficial to transport them to the far-away markets. The study by Professor Jukka Korpela was published as a General Article in Russian History.
- Artists 'have structurally different brains'. Artists have structurally different brains compared with non-artists, a study has found. Participants' brain scans revealed that artists had increased neural matter in areas relating to fine motor movements and visual imagery. The research, published in NeuroImage, suggests that an artist's talent could be innate.
But training and environmental upbringing also play crucial roles in their ability, the authors report. As in many areas of science, the exact interplay of nature and nurture remains unclear.
- We're being dragged into a new Cold War by a puffed-up bullfrog (and I don't mean President Putin). Yet the silly, half-educated politicians of today still like to pose as tough guys with the following formula, addressed to anyone who suggests that Russia might have a case over Ukraine and Crimea. It goes: ‘Putin is Hitler. You are Neville Chamberlain. I am Winston Churchill – hear me roar.’ Apart from knowing nothing about European history, and apart from their bone-headed inability to distinguish Christian Russia from the communist USSR, these people also don’t understand what is going on in Ukraine. Peter Hitchens's Mail on Sunday column.
- Notes for Revolutionaries. Why the regime must fall. James Kalb, Against Inclusiveness: How the Diversity Regime is Flattening America and the West and What to Do About It, Angelico Press, 2013. Jared Tailor, AmRen.
- Fighting the homogenous regime of dull diversity. A review of James Kalb’s new book, Against Inclusiveness: How the Diversity Regime is Flattening America and the West and What to Do About It. Jerry Salyer, The Catholic World Report.
- Review of Against Inclusiveness by James Kalb.
- Against Inclusiveness by James Kalb.
- Suffocated by Diversity: A Review of “Against Inclusiveness” by James Kalb.
- Spain: meningitis alarm in Melilla migrant centre. Prevention and isolation protocol launched for 226 people.
- Language Barriers. Stephen Wolfram claims he can make the world computable. Is he on to something? By David Auerbach.
- Minority Male Students Face Challenge to Achieve at Community Colleges. Although black and Latino male students enter community colleges with higher aspirations than those of their white peers, white men are six times as likely to graduate in three years with a certificate or degree, according to a report released on Wednesday by the Center for Community College Student Engagement at the University of Texas here. The report’s findings are all the more puzzling, it says, given that minority men are more engaged than their white classmates in tutoring, study-skills sessions, and other practices the center identifies as key to college success.
- Malaysia's ethnic tensions rise as its economy declines. Robust economic growth has long played a key role in smoothing over tensions between Malaysia's different ethnic groups. But with that growth sputtering, resentment over the government's preferential treatment of ethnic Malays may soon boil over.
- Scientists see traces of European colonialism, Mongol empire in human genes. Tell-tale relics of Europe's colonial period, the Mongol empire and the Arab slave trade can be found in the genes of modern humans, scientists said Thursday. Researchers from Britain and Germany used almost 1,500 DNA samples from 95 different populations across the world to produce a map showing genetic links stretching back 4,000 years. By examining the moment when a particular part of DNA first appears, they were able to tie the genetic mixing of populations to historical events. Some of these links have long been assumed, but others came as a surprise, said Daniel Falush, a researcher at the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany, who co-authored the paper published in the journal Science.
- The Folly of Open Borders. We Europeans do not have an obligation to destroy ourselves. Africans, Muslims and others are adults and should be able to fix their own problems. Moreover, Europe and the wider Western world simply don’t have the strength to fix all of the problems of Africa, the Islamic countries and the rest of the developing world, even if we wanted to. We constitute a rapidly shrinking part of the world’s population and economy. Moreover, we have plenty of unemployment, debt and other problems of our own to deal with. It’s nice to be kind and humanitarian, but the enormous migration waves we are currently facing are unprecedented in recorded human history, both in speed and in sheer numbers. At some point, the issue will no longer be about our humanitarian ideals or feeling good about ourselves. It will be about a fundamental question: Do we want something recognizable as European civilization to exist and flourish a century from now? If so, then the Utopian and dangerously naïve ideal of open borders simply cannot be sustained for much longer. Fjordman.
- 11 arrested for serving human meat at Nigerian hotel restaurant: report . Two human heads were found at an unnamed hotel restaurant and wrapped in cellophane, according to a report out of Anambra, Nigeria, in which police were tipped off to the restaurant allegedly serving human meat in burgers.
- A Picture of Detroit Ruin, Street by Forlorn Street.
- 4 charged in Detroit triple murder; police say victims stabbed, tortured, house torched.
- Why Bach Moves Us. George B. Stauffer reviews Bach: Music in the Castle of Heaven, by John Eliot Gardiner, Knopf, 629 pp.
- Grenade thrown into Malmö family's flat. A grenade was thrown into a family's home in central Malmö early on Sunday morning. Police say that it is a "miracle" no one was killed and are treating the case as attempted murder against three children and their two parents.
- Ancient European hunter-gatherer was a blue-eyed boy. An ancient hunter-gatherer whose remains were found in a Spanish cave has a genome surprisingly similar to modern humans. The male, who lived 7000 years ago, had blue eyes and a host of immunity genes that were thought to have evolved later. In 2006, two exceptionally preserved human skeletons were found in a cave in Leon, Spain. Carles Lalueza-Fox of Pompeu Fabra University in Barcelona extracted DNA from one of the skeleton's teeth, and his team has now sequenced the whole genome. New Scientist.
- Breivik’s Confession and the Media’s Silence. From his prison cell, the confessed mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik in January 2014 circulated a letter in which he repudiated all association with the Counterjihad and anti-Islamists. He gloated over how easy it was to fool the Western mainstream media (MSM) into supporting his intended witch-hunt on peaceful anti-Islamists.
- Breivik’s “Double-Psychology”. Two weeks ago we published a translated article from Expo (the original is here) in which Anders Behring Breivik repudiated all association with the Counterjihad. In a letter sent out to various email outlets, the Butcher of Utøya told the world that his purported admiration for Fjordman, Robert Spencer, Bat Ye’or, et al. had just been a ruse on his part, and that his real ideological commitment was to what he calls “ethno-nationalism” or “nordicism”. He had embraced the Counterjihad in order to damage it, and to draw attention away from his allies among white nationalists and neo-Nazis. Baron Bodissey.
- Amid Debate on Migrants, Norway Party Comes to Fore.
- “Everyone steals from you on the way”. Each year thousands of Africans try to cross the Sahara to reach Europe. En route, many die and many just get trapped, unable to go on and unable to get back home.
- We want a United States of Europe says top EU official. Voters must decide for or against a United States of Europe during EU elections this spring, says vice president of the European Commission.
- France: The Looming Battle over Muslim Integration. By Soeren Kern.
- Former Saudi Shura Council Member Ibrahim al-Buleihi, interviewed by al-Arabiya TV. Emphasising the importance of the West.
- Oslo’s rapid growth redefines Nordic identity. By Maddy Savage, BBC News, Oslo, Norway.
- Freedom of the press worldwide 2013 (map).
- What Future for Whites in South Africa?. Fjordman.
- Arrested because he joked about Mandela: Police hold shopkeeper for eight hours, take his DNA and seize his computer - after local councillor objects to off-colour internet comments.
- Lexical Distance Among the Languages of Europe.
- Jesus the Muslim. Christian theologian Vicky Beeching hears these and other stories about Jesus the Muslim from Cambridge scholar Tim Winter, also known as Sheikh Abdal Hakim Murad, who was once named by an institute in Jordan as one of the world’s most influential Muslims. We also hear about the role Jesus played in his own decision to convert to Islam – and what he thinks Christians and Muslims can learn from each other’s attitudes to Jesus. (Radio interview, Things Unseen)
- California's Latinos now a majority, lagging in academic achievement.
- Abuse of Australian cattle exported to Gaza – video. The Guardian. The footage, filmed by local civilians and uploaded to YouTube, shows cattle tied to poles, trees and vehicles before being stabbed in the neck and eyes. One animal was kneecapped by shots from an assault rifle. Animals Australia said the footage, filmed during a ritual called the "festival of sacrifice", was some of the worst seen in a series of animal welfare outrages involving Australian cattle. WARNING: CONTAINS EXTREMELY GRAPHIC IMAGES.
- Portugal Decriminalized All Drugs Eleven Years Ago And The Results Are Staggering.
- Map shows world's 'most racist' countries (and the answers may surprise you). Jordan and India named the world's least tolerant countries
U.S., Britain, Canada and South America are among the least racist
Survey asks people if they would want neighbours of a different race.
- Mandela mum about systematic murder of whites. Exclusive: Ilana Mercer explains how late leader established 'official racial socialism'. Ilana Mercer.
- Telling Stories: Music. Music is a powerful force. The rhythm of nature: the sound of a birdcall, the crash of wave, the roar of wind, the whistling of trees, can elevate one’s heart and stir one’s soul. Emel, Issue 100.
- Tom Stoppard's Daring 'Dark Side Of The Moon' Makeover. Robin Hilton.
- I Want an American Baby! Chinese Women Flock to the U.S. to Give Birth. Lured by U.S. citizenship for their children, thousands of Chinese women give birth annually in the States, supporting a thriving birth-tourism industry.
- Corruption rife in the Pakistani community, says minister. Corruption in parts of Pakistani community is growing problem that politicians have underestimated, Government’s chief legal adviser says.
- Corruption problem among some UK minorities, says MP.
- Roger Scruton: The questions that have no answers. Our nature as questioning beings seems to have a huge cost. And maybe we are no longer prepared to pay it.
- Police force 500 people including scores of children out of French Roma camp after complaints about makeshift shacks.
Camp was along railway tracks in a suburb in the north of Paris
More than half the residents left last night after being warned of crackdown
It is the latest in a series of moves against Roma camps by French police
More than 10,000 French Roma forced out in first half of 2013.
- Norway Notices Diverse Crime Problem: Half Of Oslo Residents Say They Fear Immigrant Street Crime.
- Magnus Carlsen made chess look sexy – now he's world champion. Fans hope historic win by player likened to Harry Potter will help the game recapture its former status.
- Sweden: Leading Social Democrat "The White Majority is the Problem". YouTube.
- Exodus: Immigration and Multiculturalism in the 21st Century by Paul Collier – review.
Is immigration advantageous, and for whom? Colin Kidd on a humane and sensible voice in a highly toxic debate. [...] Collier parts company with those economists who champion open-doors migration on the grounds that it maximises "global utility"; that, because the gainers gain so much more than the losers lose, the losers' interests can simply be written off. He argues instead that nations are "legitimate moral units" that must be taken seriously – whether small poor nations, with their intractable and worsening problems, or successful modernised nations. Post-national visionaries forget that it is "the fruits of successful nationhood" that attract migrants in the first place.
- The liberal betrayal of freedom. Domenico Losurdo, the author of Liberalism: A Counter-History, tells spiked that the principle of liberty continues to be too important to be left in the hands of liberals. Tim Black.
- Two Golden Dawn supporters shot dead in drive-by in Greece. Shooting comes two months after fatal stabbing of anti-fascist rapper.
- Codebases - millions of lines of code. Information is beautiful.
- Check Out Norway's HonestThinking.org.
- When Swedes are molested, the answer is silence. Erik Björkman, 22, was attacked because he was Swedish. He died last week, probably as a result of blows to his head. Last weekend Daniel Spansk was molested because he is a politician belonging to Svenskarnas Parti [The Party of the Swedes]. The Swedish media didn’t mention any of these deeds with one word.
- Ethiopia: Population Bomb.
- Africa's population to double to 2.4 billion by 2050. Africa’s population will more than double to 2.4 billion within 40 years, according to a major study, thanks in large part to better health care.
- Africa's population set to double to 2.4billion by 2050 due to better medicine and improved health care.
- Political Diversity: German Parliament Sees Ethnic Mobilization.
- As the Labour leader reacts angrily to our critique of his Marxist father... We repeat: This man did hate Britain.
- Why my father loved Britain, by Ed Miliband.
- The man who hated Britain: Red Ed's pledge to bring back socialism is a homage to his Marxist father. So what did Miliband Snr really believe in? The answer should disturb everyone who loves this country.
- “Islamic Science” or Islamic Propaganda?. June 14, 2013 By Bruce Bawer.
- The Average Women Faces in Different Countries. A photographer took more than 4000 photos of women from different countries. The faces were mixed and here is the result.
- French rally in support of vigilante Riviera jeweller. The fatal shooting of a suspected thief by a jeweller in Nice this week, has plunged France into a row about the use of force in the defense of property. A Facebook group supporting the businessman, charged with murder, has gained nearly 500,000 followers.
- Blunt words about Muslim backwardness. Mark Steyn.
- The Marxist-Leninist Roots of the European Union. An Interview with Vladimir Bukovsky.
- A Discussion On Race, Crime And The Inconvenient Facts. By John F Gaski.
- The Barren Wombs of Smart Women. By Jim Goad.
- Low IQs are Africa's curse, says lecturer. Researcher accused of promoting racist stereotype wins backing from LSE (from 2006).
- Why Was Enoch Powell Condemned as a Racist and Not Charles de Gaulle?. Daniel Pipes.
- Pleiotropy, g, and specific learning abilities. Summary for those wishing to follow science but who can't do math:
consider many pairs of individuals and ask to what extent similarity in
genotype is related to similarity in phenotype (g score, specific
ability score, height, weight, etc.). From this analysis one can
estimate the extent to which genes influence phenotype (heritability),
and to what extent the same genes are influencing two different traits (e.g., height and weight, or reading ability and general cognitive ability g).
- Poisonous “Authenticity”. Jeremiah Wright draws on a long line of Afrocentric charlatans. City Journal, 2008.
- The amazing, surprising, Africa-driven demographic future of the Earth, in 9 charts.
- It Must Be Said. There are facts that were once known, sometimes generally known, that are now known to but a few. Gregory Cochran.
- A Declaration of War - From the Youth of France. YouTube.
- Racial homogeneity in early childhood may affect brain. Kids who lived in orphanages have difficulty interpreting emotions on faces with foreign features.
- Science Is Not Your Enemy. An impassioned plea to neglected novelists, embattled professors, and tenure-less historian. Steven Pinker.
- Glenn Back awakens to the color of crime. Ilana Mercer.
- Facts behind the headlines of the Marte Deborah Dalelv Dubai sex case.
- Laughing thugs poured acid over mother as she walked her six-year-old twins home from school.
- Gene breakthrough shows Neanderthals in new light.
- Why does the impartial BBC not tell the story of the great majority?. Our self-righteous national broadcaster is woefully detached from voters’ real lives.
- The Hamburg-Altona Intifada.
- The New Appeasement. Fjordman.
- Shooting the Messenger. Fjordman.
- Narcissists' Lack of Empathy Detected in Brain Scans.
- Climate Expert von Storch: Why Is Global Warming Stagnating. Climate experts have long predicted that temperatures would rise in parallel with greenhouse gas emissions. But, for 15 years, they haven't. In a SPIEGEL interview, meteorologist Hans von Storch discusses how this "puzzle" might force scientists to alter what could be "fundamentally wrong" models.
- Green Sahara: African Humid Periods Paced by Earth's Orbital Changes. Paleoclimate and archaeological evidence tells us that, 11,000-5,000 years ago, the Earth's slow orbital 'wobble' transformed today's Sahara desert to a land covered with vegetation and lakes.
- Charles Le Gai Eaton obituary. Scholar and Muslim convert who wrote extensively on his faith.
- The Talented Mr Gai Eaton. Samia Rahman meets writer and scholar Charles LeGai Eaton to reflect upon life, spirituality and the tumult of our times. Emel, Issue 1 Sept / Oct 2003.
- Sahara Went from Green to Desert in a Flash.
- Female teacher beheaded and three others tortured by Papua New Guinea villagers who believed them to be witches. Helen Rumbali was dragged from her home tortured and beheaded in public.
Villagers said fire flies led them to her house - a sign she was a witch.
They accused her of killing another villager - who died from sickness - with her sorcery.
- Muslim World Must Declare Zero Tolerance for Militant Jihadists.
- Race, Ethnicity and Nationalism. Sheikh Salman al-Oadah, Islam Today.
- Islamic Views of Ethnicity and Race - Bibliography.
- Turkey's Hadith Project: Diyanet Presents Prophet's Sayings For The 21st Century.
- Link Between Islam And Violence Rejected By Many Americans After Boston Bombings: Pew Survey.
- As a Muslim, I Struggle With the Idea Of Homosexuality - But I Oppose Homophobia.
- Honolulu could be America's next Detroit.
- The Tories are just as desperate as Labour to hide the real truth about immigration.
- American Idol. George Zimmerman has been declared “not guilty,” but he will never be free. America, too, will likely never be free of the Zimmerman case and those like it—the seemingly endless cycle of televised controversies that act as proxy race wars. Richard Spencer.
- George Zimmerman’s relevant past. The Washington Post.
- Rebirth of nation states and the future of Europe. Geert Wilders.
- Thieves 'stole from victims of train crash'. Callous, opportunistic thieves from Brétigny-sur-Orge, where a train derailed killing six people last Friday, threw stones at police and rescue workers and stole possessions from accident victims, an explosive new police document has alleged.
- Violence erupts in France over police check of veiled Muslim woman. Some 250 people stone police station in Paris suburb after man arrested for assaulting officer during identity check of wife.
- Britain: "Rape Jihad" Against Children. By Soeren Kern.
- Three Cheers for TAG [Together Against Grooming]. By Douglas Murray.
- Immigration backlog of 500,000 cases will take 37 years to clear, say MPs. Parliamentary watchdog warns Home Office that axed UK Border Agency needs more than just rebranding.
- Swedishness must be split from being white. Sweden needs a new story better equipped to deal with and include today's demographic diversity and create a new Swedishness that is separate from whiteness, write representatives from the Multicultural Centre (Mångkulturellt centrum) in Botkyrka near Stockholm. Christina Zedell, Willy Viitala, Leif Magnusson and Tobias Hübinette.
- Neanderthal culture: Old masters. The earliest known cave paintings fuel arguments about whether Neanderthals were the mental equals of modern humans. Tim Appenzeller, Nature.
- Fossils indicate common ancestor for two primate groups. Find suggests Old World monkeys and apes diverged 25 million years ago. Chris Palmer, Nature.
- Chinese Eugenics. Geoffrey Miller (answering The Edge question: What should we be worried about?).
- Ancient Europeans Mysteriously Vanished 4,500 Years Ago.
- Sexes et races, deux réalités. Par Nancy Huston et Michel Raymond.
- Two Terrorists and a Double Standard. Fjordman’ss latest essay concerns the contrast between media coverage of the massacre in Norway by Anders Behring Breivik, and the kid-glove treatment granted the Toulouse murderer Mohammed Merah.
- Schools push a curriculum of anti-white propaganda.
- Prostitution and harm: a reply to Anderson and McDougall. Ole Martin Moen, Journal of Medical Ethics.
- Is prostitution harmful? (links to full article as well as replies from other academics). Ole Martin Moen, Journal of Medical Ethics.
- My Medical Choice. Breast cancer. By Angelina Jolie.
- History lessons the West refuses to learn. World View: After the Great War, Britain and France carved up the Middle East between them. Now, plans for Syria have the same potential for disaster. Patrick Cockburn.
- Selling Out Western Culture in Norway. March 20, 2013 By Bruce Bawer.
- From Wilders to Muhammad. A former member of Geert Wilders’s anti-immigration Freedom Party has converted to Islam.
- Quality, Not Equality. Alex Kurtagic's review of The Specious Origins of Liberalism,
- Gang Rape of a Child in Trondheim.
- South Africa Leads World in Rape Cases.
- 'Too many foreigners in France', French say.
- Gene flow from India to Australia about 4,000 years ago. Australia is thought to have remained largely isolated between its initial colonization around 40,000 years ago and the arrival of Europeans in the late 1800s. A study led by researchers of the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany, now finds evidence of substantial gene flow between Indian populations and Australia about 4,000 years ago. In addition, the researchers found a common origin for Australian, New Guinean and the Philippine Mamanwa populations. These populations followed an early southern migration route out of Africa, while other populations settled in the region only at a later date.
- France's censorship demands to Twitter are more dangerous than 'hate speech'. Few ideas have done as much damage throughout history as empowering the government to criminalize opinions it dislikes.
- Martin Lings. Islamic scholar concerned with spiritual crisis (published 2005). By Gai Eaton.
- Holy Cow! First Cheesemakers Date Back 7,500 Years. The first direct signs of cheesemaking now seen in potsherds from Poland may help reveal how animal milk dramatically shaped the genetics of Europe, scientists reported.
- Art of cheese-making is 7,500 years old. Neolithic pottery fragments from Europe reveal traces of milk fats.
- Origin of the Romani People Pinned Down. Europe's largest minority group, the Romani, migrated from northwest India 1,500 years ago, new genetic study finds.
- Speech to Swedish Free Press Society, 27 October 2012, Geert Wilders.
- White Student Union Proposed At Towson University By Matthew Heimbach Sparks Controversy.
- Is Anders Behring Breivik the Nordic Che Guevara?. Fjordman.
- 'Anti-white racism': The talk of the town.
- Europeans did not inherit pale skins from Neanderthals.
- Nigerian student lynching video prompts protests.
- ‘For Gaddafi, rape was a weapon’.
- Guidelines for Educators on Countering Intolerance and Discrimination against Muslims: Addressing Islamophobia through Education. OSCE (Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe) .
- Diversity spreads to all corners of the U.S. The number of nearly all-white communities has plummeted since 1980, dramatic evidence that the nation's growing racial and ethnic diversity has spread far beyond large metropolitan centers into smaller towns and rural parts of the heartland, new research shows.
- What About Wisdom and Morality?. The smarter people are, the more complicated the way they handle problems which would otherwise have a simple solution. They get lost in theories and analysis, and forget about real, harsh life. People give so much importance to that almighty IQ, anyway. For them, only intelligence counts, whereas there are other elements which are even more important than intelligence, and these element are wisdom and morality. Taking the oft-much mentioned example of Norway, people there may well be very very smart, but their level of wisdom seems to be extremely low. What is the advantage of having a high IQ if one is self-doomed to disappear? Driving oneself into cultural — and eventually collective national suicide — does not seem to be a wise way of behaving, regardless of the given level of genius. Is this an intelligent/high IQish way of behaving? So how many kinds of intelligence are there in the end? What kind of profit do they get from their high IQ, if they doom themselves?
I’ve said on more than one occasion that intelligence is overrated. All the arguments about race and IQ seem to miss the point: from an empirical standpoint, those ethnicities with genes favoring high IQ are losing out in the Darwinian struggle. Low-IQ groups are winning. It’s not just white Europeans. The Japanese, who have an even higher average IQ than we do, are also non-breeding themselves into oblivion. And Ashkenazi Jews — the smartest people on the planet — are leading the March of the Western Lemmings over the cliff of history.
- So you think you understand the cosmological argument?. Most people who comment on the cosmological argument demonstrably do not know what they are talking about. This includes all the prominent New Atheist writers. Edward Feser.
- The false allure of group selection. I am often asked whether I agree with the new group selectionists, and the questioners are always surprised when I say I do not. After all, group selection sounds like a reasonable extension of evolutionary theory and a plausible explanation of the social nature of humans. Also, the group selectionists tend to declare victory, and write as if their theory has already superseded a narrow, reductionist dogma that selection acts only at the level of genes. In this essay, I'll explain why I think that this reasonableness is an illusion. The more carefully you think about group selection, the less sense it makes, and the more poorly it fits the facts of human psychology and history. Steven Pinker.
- The Mass Media’s Verdict?. I have abstained from making any firm conclusions regarding Anders Behring Breivik’s sanity, given that I have never met him and due to the fact that he genuinely appears to represent a complicated and very special case. He is obviously twisted, but this does not automatically mean that one is unable to comprehend the consequences of one’s actions. No matter what label you put on him, however, he is atypical. Breivik is abnormal even among the abnormal. Peder Jensen a.k.a. Fjordman.
- Race and intelligence controversy: Trending topics.
- Analysis: Europe far right shuns Breivik's acts, flirts with ideas. (Reuters) - Norwegian mass killer Anders Behring Breivik may have failed to ignite a race war with Muslims, but he succeeded in stoking anxieties about the stability of Europe's increasingly diverse societies.
- Report: Toulouse gunman Merah "not such a lone wolf".
- Intelligence expert prof. Helmuth Nyborg: I.Q. down because of mass immigration.
- Prediction: Oslo District Court judgement will find Breivik 'Insane' .
- What is a racist?. Steve Browne.
- Review of Beyond Human Nature, by Jesse J. Prinz. Brenton Sanderson.
- Death to Modernity. To create, you must first destroy. That is the implication behind the French (but in reality European) New Right’s Manifesto for a European Renaissance, authored by Alain de Benoist and Charles Champetier thirteen years ago and recently republished in book form by Arktos Media. Alex Kurtagic.
- One year after terrorism struck Norway: taking stock. Key figures in the Norwegian media have acted on the assumption that open confrontation with right-wing bloggers and activists is the most effective strategy to combat extremism.
Anders Ravik Jupskås and Tore Wig.
- Breivik and the Norwegian immigration debate. There is a limit to how much you can learn about moderates by looking at extremists. And if you stop noticing the difference altogether, you are well on your way to becoming an extremist. Bjørn Stærk.
- John Derbyshire's Response to Jared Taylor on Miscegenation.
- “Race Purists”—Are They “Slightly Nuts”?. Jared Taylor Responds To John Derbyshire.
- John Derbyshire On Immigration, Liberty, and Mating Choices.
- The Left Distorts Breivik's Mental World, by Daniel Pipes, July 22, 2012.
- Ritorno a Oslo: viaggio nel luogo della bomba. Siamo entrati nel compund governativo dove il 22 luglio di un anno fa, Breivik fece saltare il suo ordigno. Parla Ole Jorgen Anfindsen, il blogger conservatore che il killer ha citato nel suo documento: "Ma i problemi da lui sollevati, in parte sono reali". Il criminologo Tore Bjorke: "Sul web almeno settemila persone parlano di quei temi. E se là fuori ci fosse un altro come lui?"
- Dall'"Islamofobia" alla strage di Breivik l'estrema destra del Nord ora fa paura.
- Breivik Trial Day 31: Experts, anti-Islamists, Norwegian right-wing extremists, and neo-Nazis take the stand. The first witness to appear in court was history, politics and religion expert Ole Jørgen Arnfindsen who went through a presentation about Anders Behring Breivik’s perception of reality.
- Yosef: Gentiles exist only to serve Jews. According to Rabbi, the lives of non-Jews in Israel are safeguarded by divinity, to prevent losses to Jews.
- Chicago police sergeant: "Tribal warfare" on the streets.
- Islam And The Need For Western Vigilance. Geert Wilders.
- Anders Breivik Court Transcript 2012-06-05 Live Report.
- The Commander Anders Breivik Report.
- Controversial Study of African IQ Levels Is 'Deeply Flawed'. ScienceDaily (Jan. 21, 2010) — The controversial study on African IQ levels conducted by psychologist Richard Lynn is deeply flawed. This conclusion is the outcome of studies by Jelte Wicherts, Conor Dolan, Denny Borsboom and Han van der Maas of the University of Amsterdam (UvA) and Jerry Carlson of the University of California (Riverside).
- The Bias and Dishonesty of Wikipedia. Fjordman.
- Through the Looking Glass. Takuan Seiyo’s latest essay takes us into the strange distorted multicultural landscape of the 21st century, where Barry Soetoro can be elected president of the world while the West abolishes itself.
- Fjordman’s Suggested Testimony for the Trial of Anders Behring Breivik. As regular readers [of GoV] know, a few days before his scheduled appearance Fjordman withdrew his offer to testify by skype at the trial of Anders Behring Breivik in Oslo. The defense team had sent him a list of potential questions, which prompted the preparation of the responses published below (in both Norwegian and English).
- Pause in terror defense testimony. The ongoing trial of Norwegian terror defendant Anders Behring Breivik went into recess on Thursday, after several days of testimony from witnesses for the defense. Many let the court know that Breivik’s right-wing, anti-immigration views are not unique, but they also distanced themselves from Breivik’s terrorist attacks.
- Breivik trial. Turkish News Wire.
- The new intolerance. Melanie Phillips.
- Should Black People Tolerate This?. Each year, roughly 7,000 blacks are murdered. Ninety-four percent of the time, the murderer is another black person. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, between 1976 and 2011, there were 279,384 black murder victims. Using the 94 percent figure means that 262,621 were murdered by other blacks. Though blacks are 13 percent of the nation's population, they account for more than 50 percent of homicide victims. Nationally, black homicide victimization rate is six times that of whites, and in some cities, it's 22 times that of whites. Coupled with being most of the nation's homicide victims, blacks are most of the victims of violent personal crimes, such as assault and robbery. Walter E. Williams
- The Death of France ...and the Rise of the Provinces. By Colin Liddell.
- Three Myths of Immigration, by Kenan Malik.
- The First Amendment Is What We Need in Europe, by Geert Wilders.
- The age of the urban ape. New research shows that humans haven't stopped evolving – could a city habitat be the end of us, asks Desmond Morris.
- Geert Wilders: Defender of the West Against the Grand Jihad. New English Review.
- Best evidence yet that a single gene can affect IQ. New Scientist.
- Specific Genes Linked to Big Brains and Intelligence. Live Science.
- Received wisdom. Average IQ is falling in Britain and beyond, explains Philip Hunter in Prosepct Magazine.
- HOPE not hate’s report into the ‘Counter-Jihad’ movement.
- Three necklaced in Khayelitsha vigilante killings.
- Elite and Underclass. Coming Apart: The State of White America 1960-2010, by Charles Murray. Reviewed by F. Roger Devlin.
- Keep corrupt regimes out of British culture. Too many of our cultural and educational institutions have been quiescent in suppressing uncomfortable truths. Nick Cohen.
- Only Whites are Racist in Duluth. Jaenelle Antas.
- What separates man from the apes?. Not much! DNA study on gorilla shows we're far more similar than scientists thought.
- No, we are not selfish – co-operation is at the heart of our existence. Far from being quaint and anachronistic, collaboration and co-operation underpin our most innovative activities.
- Devastating Criticism of Richard Lynn. Richard Lynn has long been criticized for his controversial studies on intelligence, but this latest series of criticism might just be the final nail in his coffin. Focusing on his much-condemned African IQ studies, it reveals serious flaws in his methodology and calls him out on manipulating and falsifying data, which has wider implications that make his entire body of work (and that of his associates) untrustworthy.
- On the Radicalization of Anders Behring Breivik. YouTube video (18 min).
- Labour Party aims at making Norwegians a minority in Norway?. In an opinion piece on the Verdidebatt website, which is run by the newspaper Vårt Land, right-wing author, blogger and political commentator, Ole Jørgen Anfindsen, argues that Øyvind Strømmen, a left-wing journalist and author frequently used by the Norwegian media as an expert on right-wing politics, exaggerates the relevance of right-wing extremist political ideas and the Eurabia theory to the current political debate in Norway about mass immigration.
- Two dozen Theistic arguments. Lecture Notes by Alvin Plantinga.
- Segregation Curtailed in U.S. Cities, Study Finds.
- Can Egypt Make Democracy Work?. One year after the revolution, Egypt may have a parliament, but it still has a long way to go before it can call itself a true democracy. The ultra-conservative Salafists have misgivings about the parliamentary system, while secular politicians worry that the Muslim Brotherhood and the military council are making deals behind the scenes.
- The unstoppable rise of the e-book.
The popularity of electronic reading devices, such as the Kindle, is seeing demand for electronic texts shoot up, but not everyone in the sector is happy.
- No Need to Panic About Global Warming. There's no compelling scientific argument for drastic action to 'decarbonize' the world's economy. Editor's Note: The following has been signed by the 16 scientists listed at the end of the article.
- Is the Mass Murderer Anders Behring Breivik Insane?. Fjordman.
- Henryk M. Broder Interviews Thilo Sarrazin.
- Europe is the sick man of the world. Fjordman.
- What is Fascism?. Tribune, 1944. George Orwell.
- Below this point; written or collected in 2011:
- The West's Takeaway From Tahrir Square. OSLO — In my encounters with the Middle East, as a foreign minister and chair of the international donor support group to the Palestinian authority, I often run into a widely accepted Western narrative: that all bottom-up movements in Arab countries will lead to radical Islamist regimes. Possessing a long and problematic history, the notion emerged particularly strongly in response to the Iranian revolution in 1979 and solidified into something akin to an orthodox doctrine in the context of 9/11. This common wisdom has had serious consequences. It has encouraged us to view all popular movements in the Arab world, secular or Islamic, as dangerous windows to militant Islam. It leads us to think that authoritarian leaders may be the lesser of two evils. And it has underpinned the assertion that we should not deal with any group that smacks of Islam. Consequently, we have been reluctant to support democratic movements in the way that we do in other parts of the world. In the international debate on the Tahrir Square uprising, this perspective again came to the fore. I too believe it is critical to get things right in Egypt. However, I also believe that the events in Egypt and Tunisia invite us to seriously reconsider the common narrative of popular uprisings in the Middle East. Jonas Gahr Støre, Norway's minister of foreign affairs.
- Top Palestinian MEMRI TV Clips of 2011.
- Niall Ferguson threatens to sue over accusation of racism.Historian claims writer Pankaj Mishra accused him of racism and must apologise or face court action.
- Asian Ancestors Had Sex with Mysterious Human Cousins. Live Science.
- To Be Black in Iraq.
- In the name of the law. The popular perception of sharia law is one of brutal punishments carried out by hardline states. But, as Dan Bell discovers, the backstreets of Britain are full of Islamic courts ruling on everything from banking and alcopops to forced marriage and divorce. The Guardian.
- Flower power. By Cathrine Sandnes.
- What Now, Little Country?. In the wake of a devastating massacre, Norway reexamines its values—and its fears. By Åsne Seierstad for Newsweek.
- British campaigner battles media's cone of silence on sharia law.
- Who Is An Extremist?. By Svein Sellanraa.
- UK riots: It’s not about criminality and cuts, it’s about culture... and this is only the beginning. Condemned as a racist for his comments on 'Newsnight' following the riots, the historian David Starkey speaks out against those who tried to silence him for confronting the gangster culture that has ruptured our society.
- 2083 by Anders Behring Breivik, Fjordman: Part Two. By Anita Dalton.
- 2083 by Andrew Berwick, aka Anders Behring Breivik. By Anita Dalton.
- A Norwegian’s Thoughts on the Oslo Attacks. Anonymous at GoV.
- Rhetorik überdenken (in German) .
"Der Gründer der einwanderungskritischen Internetplattform „Honest Thinking“, Ole Jørgen Anfindsen, kündigte ... gegenüber dem Sender NRK an, er werde seine Worte künftig sorgfältiger abwägen und alle bisher veröffentlichten Beiträge daraufhin untersuchen, ob sie als Aufforderung zur Gewaltanwendung verstanden werden könnten. Anfindsen hatte die Einwanderung aus muslimischen Ländern als „äußerst reale Gefahr für Norwegens Kultur“ bezeichnet."
Aus: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (FAZ), Online-Ausgabe, 28. Juli 2011
- Norwegian Tragedy And Failed Multiculturalism. Multiculturalism has nothing to do with diversity and plurality, but rather with imposed unity replacing common values. [...] This criticism has nothing to do with racism nor with xenophobia, because it does not imply a rejection of foreigners. The only aim is to prevent that the foreigner behaves as the new owner instead of as a guest. Is it still allowed to think this way, or is it too late?
- Buruma And The Warriors. Geert Wilders has been acquitted, but the progressive press is continuing the trial.
- Different Rules for Different Fools.
- The Forced Resignation of Fjordman.
- Journalist resource: So, what’s the deal with Fjordman?. By Øyvind Strømmen.
- Fjordman, Fairness, and the Brevik Mass Murderer.
- Proozess gegen Breivik wohl erst 2012 (FAZ, German).
- Anders Behring Breivik: Tunnel vision in an online world. Norway's extremists don't tend to gather in visible 'rightwing groups'. But online, they settle into a subculture of resentment. By Prof. Thomas Hylland Eriksen.
- Top Economist on the Euro Crisis:'The German Government Will Pay Up'.
- Greek officials urge calm after racist attacks.
- Preparing for Ragnarök. Fjordman.
- Final remarks by Geert Wilders at his trial in Amsterdam, May 2nd, 2011.
- Will there always be an England, whatever the origin of its people?.
- Who do you trust?. Study reveals our unconscious mind can have racist tendencies...no matter how liberal we are on surface.
- Russian official sacked after saying 'future of white race under threat'.
A senior official at Russia's Federal Migration Service has been fired after declaring that "the future of the white race" is under threat from uncontrolled immigration.
- Africa and the New World Order.
By Colin Liddell.
- Totalitarian Pansies-
The "Anti-Bully" Crusade.
By Andy Nowicki. In his hilarious, horrifying, and profoundly insightful short book The Screwtape Letters, C.S. Lewis ...
- The Spinoza Strategy -
Signal Left, Turn Right. By Paul Deussen.
- Affirmative Action Forever.
A Review of Steven Farron's "The Affirmative Action Hoax".
- India Graduates Millions, But Too Few Are Fit to Hire. WSJ.
- Raciology in Russia. By Richard Spencer.
- Christianity and Western Man. By Andy Nowicki.
- Tattooed by Politics.
Swedish detective fiction is highly profitable—and intent on slaying the dragon of capitalism. Michael C. Moynihan, Wall Street Journal.
- Detroit's Population Crashes.
Census Finds 25% Plunge as Blacks Flee to Suburbs; Shocked Mayor Seeks Recount. Wall Street Journal.
- Interview with Robert Reilly, author of The Closing of the Muslim Mind.
- BBC bias is getting worse – Trotsky would fit right in. By Ed West.
- Out of Africa?.
Races are more different than previously thought.
- Britain: The Future is Brown. The Galton Report.
- The German Death Wish. Frank Ellis reviews German’s huge best seller.
- Multiculturalism, R.I.P.
By Roger Scruton.
- David Cameron's important speech. Melanie Phillips.
- It is state multiculturalism that is racist, and David Cameron who is a liberal.
- PM’s speech at Munich Security Conference. Prime Minister David Cameron has delivered a speech setting out his view on radicalisation and Islamic extremism.
- Geert Wilders on Trial: The Lights Are Going Out All Over Europe.
- Muslim Brotherhood text reveals scope of radical creed.
- Terrorist Lars Gule. Religious Freedom Watch.
Archives 2005 - 2010.
For Scandinavian readers: See also our skandinaviske medieklipp.