Here you will find some recommended articles by other writers. Their inclusion on this page does of course not imply any endorsement by HonestThinking.
Links to other web sites (as opposed to individual articles) can be found here.
Please notify us of good articles that should be included in the below list by sending e-mail to postmaster at honestThinking.org (replacing ' at ' with '@' ).
- My Medical Choice. Breast cancer. By Angelina Jolie.
- History lessons the West refuses to learn. World View: After the Great War, Britain and France carved up the Middle East between them. Now, plans for Syria have the same potential for disaster. Patrick Cockburn.
- Selling Out Western Culture in Norway. March 20, 2013 By Bruce Bawer.
- From Wilders to Muhammad. A former member of Geert Wilders’s anti-immigration Freedom Party has converted to Islam.
- Quality, Not Equality. Alex Kurtagic's review of The Specious Origins of Liberalism,
- Gang Rape of a Child in Trondheim.
- South Africa Leads World in Rape Cases.
- 'Too many foreigners in France', French say.
- Gene flow from India to Australia about 4,000 years ago. Australia is thought to have remained largely isolated between its initial colonization around 40,000 years ago and the arrival of Europeans in the late 1800s. A study led by researchers of the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany, now finds evidence of substantial gene flow between Indian populations and Australia about 4,000 years ago. In addition, the researchers found a common origin for Australian, New Guinean and the Philippine Mamanwa populations. These populations followed an early southern migration route out of Africa, while other populations settled in the region only at a later date.
- France's censorship demands to Twitter are more dangerous than 'hate speech'. Few ideas have done as much damage throughout history as empowering the government to criminalize opinions it dislikes.
- Holy Cow! First Cheesemakers Date Back 7,500 Years. The first direct signs of cheesemaking now seen in potsherds from Poland may help reveal how animal milk dramatically shaped the genetics of Europe, scientists reported.
- Art of cheese-making is 7,500 years old. Neolithic pottery fragments from Europe reveal traces of milk fats.
- Origin of the Romani People Pinned Down. Europe's largest minority group, the Romani, migrated from northwest India 1,500 years ago, new genetic study finds.
- Speech to Swedish Free Press Society, 27 October 2012, Geert Wilders.
- White Student Union Proposed At Towson University By Matthew Heimbach Sparks Controversy.
- Is Anders Behring Breivik the Nordic Che Guevara?. Fjordman.
- 'Anti-white racism': The talk of the town.
- Europeans did not inherit pale skins from Neanderthals.
- Nigerian student lynching video prompts protests.
- ‘For Gaddafi, rape was a weapon’.
- Guidelines for Educators on Countering Intolerance and Discrimination against Muslims: Addressing Islamophobia through Education. OSCE (Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe) .
- Diversity spreads to all corners of the U.S. The number of nearly all-white communities has plummeted since 1980, dramatic evidence that the nation's growing racial and ethnic diversity has spread far beyond large metropolitan centers into smaller towns and rural parts of the heartland, new research shows.
- What About Wisdom and Morality?. The smarter people are, the more complicated the way they handle problems which would otherwise have a simple solution. They get lost in theories and analysis, and forget about real, harsh life. People give so much importance to that almighty IQ, anyway. For them, only intelligence counts, whereas there are other elements which are even more important than intelligence, and these element are wisdom and morality. Taking the oft-much mentioned example of Norway, people there may well be very very smart, but their level of wisdom seems to be extremely low. What is the advantage of having a high IQ if one is self-doomed to disappear? Driving oneself into cultural — and eventually collective national suicide — does not seem to be a wise way of behaving, regardless of the given level of genius. Is this an intelligent/high IQish way of behaving? So how many kinds of intelligence are there in the end? What kind of profit do they get from their high IQ, if they doom themselves?
I’ve said on more than one occasion that intelligence is overrated. All the arguments about race and IQ seem to miss the point: from an empirical standpoint, those ethnicities with genes favoring high IQ are losing out in the Darwinian struggle. Low-IQ groups are winning. It’s not just white Europeans. The Japanese, who have an even higher average IQ than we do, are also non-breeding themselves into oblivion. And Ashkenazi Jews — the smartest people on the planet — are leading the March of the Western Lemmings over the cliff of history.
- So you think you understand the cosmological argument?. Most people who comment on the cosmological argument demonstrably do not know what they are talking about. This includes all the prominent New Atheist writers. Edward Feser.
- The false allure of group selection. I am often asked whether I agree with the new group selectionists, and the questioners are always surprised when I say I do not. After all, group selection sounds like a reasonable extension of evolutionary theory and a plausible explanation of the social nature of humans. Also, the group selectionists tend to declare victory, and write as if their theory has already superseded a narrow, reductionist dogma that selection acts only at the level of genes. In this essay, I'll explain why I think that this reasonableness is an illusion. The more carefully you think about group selection, the less sense it makes, and the more poorly it fits the facts of human psychology and history. Steven Pinker.
- The Mass Media’s Verdict?. I have abstained from making any firm conclusions regarding Anders Behring Breivik’s sanity, given that I have never met him and due to the fact that he genuinely appears to represent a complicated and very special case. He is obviously twisted, but this does not automatically mean that one is unable to comprehend the consequences of one’s actions. No matter what label you put on him, however, he is atypical. Breivik is abnormal even among the abnormal. Peder Jensen a.k.a. Fjordman.
- Race and intelligence controversy: Trending topics.
- Analysis: Europe far right shuns Breivik's acts, flirts with ideas. (Reuters) - Norwegian mass killer Anders Behring Breivik may have failed to ignite a race war with Muslims, but he succeeded in stoking anxieties about the stability of Europe's increasingly diverse societies.
- Report: Toulouse gunman Merah "not such a lone wolf".
- Intelligence expert prof. Helmuth Nyborg: I.Q. down because of mass immigration.
- Prediction: Oslo District Court judgement will find Breivik 'Insane' .
- What is a racist?. Steve Browne.
- Review of Beyond Human Nature, by Jesse J. Prinz. Brenton Sanderson.
- Death to Modernity. To create, you must first destroy. That is the implication behind the French (but in reality European) New Right’s Manifesto for a European Renaissance, authored by Alain de Benoist and Charles Champetier thirteen years ago and recently republished in book form by Arktos Media. Alex Kurtagic.
- One year after terrorism struck Norway: taking stock. Key figures in the Norwegian media have acted on the assumption that open confrontation with right-wing bloggers and activists is the most effective strategy to combat extremism.
Anders Ravik Jupskås and Tore Wig.
- Breivik and the Norwegian immigration debate. There is a limit to how much you can learn about moderates by looking at extremists. And if you stop noticing the difference altogether, you are well on your way to becoming an extremist. Bjørn Stærk.
- John Derbyshire's Response to Jared Taylor on Miscegenation.
- “Race Purists”—Are They “Slightly Nuts”?. Jared Taylor Responds To John Derbyshire.
- John Derbyshire On Immigration, Liberty, and Mating Choices.
- The Left Distorts Breivik's Mental World, by Daniel Pipes, July 22, 2012.
- Ritorno a Oslo: viaggio nel luogo della bomba. Siamo entrati nel compund governativo dove il 22 luglio di un anno fa, Breivik fece saltare il suo ordigno. Parla Ole Jorgen Anfindsen, il blogger conservatore che il killer ha citato nel suo documento: "Ma i problemi da lui sollevati, in parte sono reali". Il criminologo Tore Bjorke: "Sul web almeno settemila persone parlano di quei temi. E se là fuori ci fosse un altro come lui?"
- Dall'"Islamofobia" alla strage di Breivik l'estrema destra del Nord ora fa paura.
- Breivik Trial Day 31: Experts, anti-Islamists, Norwegian right-wing extremists, and neo-Nazis take the stand. The first witness to appear in court was history, politics and religion expert Ole Jørgen Arnfindsen who went through a presentation about Anders Behring Breivik’s perception of reality.
- Yosef: Gentiles exist only to serve Jews. According to Rabbi, the lives of non-Jews in Israel are safeguarded by divinity, to prevent losses to Jews.
- Chicago police sergeant: "Tribal warfare" on the streets.
- Islam And The Need For Western Vigilance. Geert Wilders.
- Anders Breivik Court Transcript 2012-06-05 Live Report.
- The Commander Anders Breivik Report.
- Controversial Study of African IQ Levels Is 'Deeply Flawed'. ScienceDaily (Jan. 21, 2010) — The controversial study on African IQ levels conducted by psychologist Richard Lynn is deeply flawed. This conclusion is the outcome of studies by Jelte Wicherts, Conor Dolan, Denny Borsboom and Han van der Maas of the University of Amsterdam (UvA) and Jerry Carlson of the University of California (Riverside).
- The Bias and Dishonesty of Wikipedia. Fjordman.
- Through the Looking Glass. Takuan Seiyo’s latest essay takes us into the strange distorted multicultural landscape of the 21st century, where Barry Soetoro can be elected president of the world while the West abolishes itself.
- Fjordman’s Suggested Testimony for the Trial of Anders Behring Breivik. As regular readers [of GoV] know, a few days before his scheduled appearance Fjordman withdrew his offer to testify by skype at the trial of Anders Behring Breivik in Oslo. The defense team had sent him a list of potential questions, which prompted the preparation of the responses published below (in both Norwegian and English).
- Pause in terror defense testimony. The ongoing trial of Norwegian terror defendant Anders Behring Breivik went into recess on Thursday, after several days of testimony from witnesses for the defense. Many let the court know that Breivik’s right-wing, anti-immigration views are not unique, but they also distanced themselves from Breivik’s terrorist attacks.
- Breivik trial. Turkish News Wire.
- The new intolerance. Melanie Phillips.
- Should Black People Tolerate This?. Each year, roughly 7,000 blacks are murdered. Ninety-four percent of the time, the murderer is another black person. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, between 1976 and 2011, there were 279,384 black murder victims. Using the 94 percent figure means that 262,621 were murdered by other blacks. Though blacks are 13 percent of the nation's population, they account for more than 50 percent of homicide victims. Nationally, black homicide victimization rate is six times that of whites, and in some cities, it's 22 times that of whites. Coupled with being most of the nation's homicide victims, blacks are most of the victims of violent personal crimes, such as assault and robbery. Walter E. Williams
- The Death of France ...and the Rise of the Provinces. By Colin Liddell.
- Three Myths of Immigration, by Kenan Malik.
- The First Amendment Is What We Need in Europe, by Geert Wilders.
- The age of the urban ape. New research shows that humans haven't stopped evolving – could a city habitat be the end of us, asks Desmond Morris.
- Geert Wilders: Defender of the West Against the Grand Jihad. New English Review.
- Best evidence yet that a single gene can affect IQ. New Scientist.
- Specific Genes Linked to Big Brains and Intelligence. Live Science.
- Received wisdom. Average IQ is falling in Britain and beyond, explains Philip Hunter in Prosepct Magazine.
- HOPE not hate’s report into the ‘Counter-Jihad’ movement.
- Three necklaced in Khayelitsha vigilante killings.
- Elite and Underclass. Coming Apart: The State of White America 1960-2010, by Charles Murray. Reviewed by F. Roger Devlin.
- Keep corrupt regimes out of British culture. Too many of our cultural and educational institutions have been quiescent in suppressing uncomfortable truths. Nick Cohen.
- Only Whites are Racist in Duluth. Jaenelle Antas.
- What separates man from the apes?. Not much! DNA study on gorilla shows we're far more similar than scientists thought.
- No, we are not selfish – co-operation is at the heart of our existence. Far from being quaint and anachronistic, collaboration and co-operation underpin our most innovative activities.
- Devastating Criticism of Richard Lynn. Richard Lynn has long been criticized for his controversial studies on intelligence, but this latest series of criticism might just be the final nail in his coffin. Focusing on his much-condemned African IQ studies, it reveals serious flaws in his methodology and calls him out on manipulating and falsifying data, which has wider implications that make his entire body of work (and that of his associates) untrustworthy.
- On the Radicalization of Anders Behring Breivik. YouTube video (18 min).
- Labour Party aims at making Norwegians a minority in Norway?. In an opinion piece on the Verdidebatt website, which is run by the newspaper Vårt Land, right-wing author, blogger and political commentator, Ole Jørgen Anfindsen, argues that Øyvind Strømmen, a left-wing journalist and author frequently used by the Norwegian media as an expert on right-wing politics, exaggerates the relevance of right-wing extremist political ideas and the Eurabia theory to the current political debate in Norway about mass immigration.
- Two dozen Theistic arguments. Lecture Notes by Alvin Plantinga.
- Segregation Curtailed in U.S. Cities, Study Finds.
- Can Egypt Make Democracy Work?. One year after the revolution, Egypt may have a parliament, but it still has a long way to go before it can call itself a true democracy. The ultra-conservative Salafists have misgivings about the parliamentary system, while secular politicians worry that the Muslim Brotherhood and the military council are making deals behind the scenes.
- The unstoppable rise of the e-book.
The popularity of electronic reading devices, such as the Kindle, is seeing demand for electronic texts shoot up, but not everyone in the sector is happy.
- No Need to Panic About Global Warming. There's no compelling scientific argument for drastic action to 'decarbonize' the world's economy. Editor's Note: The following has been signed by the 16 scientists listed at the end of the article.
- Is the Mass Murderer Anders Behring Breivik Insane?. Fjordman.
- Henryk M. Broder Interviews Thilo Sarrazin.
- Europe is the sick man of the world. Fjordman.
- What is Fascism?. Tribune, 1944. George Orwell.
- Below this point; collected in 2011:
- Top Palestinian MEMRI TV Clips of 2011.
- Niall Ferguson threatens to sue over accusation of racism.Historian claims writer Pankaj Mishra accused him of racism and must apologise or face court action.
- Asian Ancestors Had Sex with Mysterious Human Cousins. Live Science.
- To Be Black in Iraq.
- In the name of the law. The popular perception of sharia law is one of brutal punishments carried out by hardline states. But, as Dan Bell discovers, the backstreets of Britain are full of Islamic courts ruling on everything from banking and alcopops to forced marriage and divorce. The Guardian.
- Flower power. By Cathrine Sandnes.
- What Now, Little Country?. In the wake of a devastating massacre, Norway reexamines its values—and its fears. By Åsne Seierstad for Newsweek.
- British campaigner battles media's cone of silence on sharia law.
- Who Is An Extremist?. By Svein Sellanraa.
- UK riots: It’s not about criminality and cuts, it’s about culture... and this is only the beginning. Condemned as a racist for his comments on 'Newsnight' following the riots, the historian David Starkey speaks out against those who tried to silence him for confronting the gangster culture that has ruptured our society.
- 2083 by Anders Behring Breivik, Fjordman: Part Two. By Anita Dalton.
- 2083 by Andrew Berwick, aka Anders Behring Breivik. By Anita Dalton.
- A Norwegian’s Thoughts on the Oslo Attacks. Anonymous at GoV.
- Rhetorik überdenken (in German) .
"Der Gründer der einwanderungskritischen Internetplattform „Honest Thinking“, Ole Jørgen Anfindsen, kündigte ... gegenüber dem Sender NRK an, er werde seine Worte künftig sorgfältiger abwägen und alle bisher veröffentlichten Beiträge daraufhin untersuchen, ob sie als Aufforderung zur Gewaltanwendung verstanden werden könnten. Anfindsen hatte die Einwanderung aus muslimischen Ländern als „äußerst reale Gefahr für Norwegens Kultur“ bezeichnet."
Aus: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (FAZ), Online-Ausgabe, 28. Juli 2011
- Norwegian Tragedy And Failed Multiculturalism. Multiculturalism has nothing to do with diversity and plurality, but rather with imposed unity replacing common values. [...] This criticism has nothing to do with racism nor with xenophobia, because it does not imply a rejection of foreigners. The only aim is to prevent that the foreigner behaves as the new owner instead of as a guest. Is it still allowed to think this way, or is it too late?
- Buruma And The Warriors. Geert Wilders has been acquitted, but the progressive press is continuing the trial.
- Different Rules for Different Fools.
- The Forced Resignation of Fjordman.
- Journalist resource: So, what’s the deal with Fjordman?. By Øyvind Strømmen.
- Fjordman, Fairness, and the Brevik Mass Murderer.
- Proozess gegen Breivik wohl erst 2012 (FAZ, German).
- Anders Behring Breivik: Tunnel vision in an online world. Norway's extremists don't tend to gather in visible 'rightwing groups'. But online, they settle into a subculture of resentment. By Prof. Thomas Hylland Eriksen.
- Top Economist on the Euro Crisis:'The German Government Will Pay Up'.
- Greek officials urge calm after racist attacks.
- Preparing for Ragnarök. Fjordman.
- Final remarks by Geert Wilders at his trial in Amsterdam, May 2nd, 2011.
- Will there always be an England, whatever the origin of its people?.
- Who do you trust?. Study reveals our unconscious mind can have racist tendencies...no matter how liberal we are on surface.
- Russian official sacked after saying 'future of white race under threat'.
A senior official at Russia's Federal Migration Service has been fired after declaring that "the future of the white race" is under threat from uncontrolled immigration.
- Africa and the New World Order.
By Colin Liddell.
- Totalitarian Pansies-
The "Anti-Bully" Crusade.
By Andy Nowicki. In his hilarious, horrifying, and profoundly insightful short book The Screwtape Letters, C.S. Lewis ...
- The Spinoza Strategy -
Signal Left, Turn Right. By Paul Deussen.
- Affirmative Action Forever.
A Review of Steven Farron's "The Affirmative Action Hoax".
- India Graduates Millions, But Too Few Are Fit to Hire. WSJ.
- Raciology in Russia. By Richard Spencer.
- Christianity and Western Man. By Andy Nowicki.
- Tattooed by Politics.
Swedish detective fiction is highly profitable—and intent on slaying the dragon of capitalism. Michael C. Moynihan, Wall Street Journal.
- Detroit's Population Crashes.
Census Finds 25% Plunge as Blacks Flee to Suburbs; Shocked Mayor Seeks Recount. Wall Street Journal.
- Interview with Robert Reilly, author of The Closing of the Muslim Mind.
- BBC bias is getting worse – Trotsky would fit right in. By Ed West.
- Out of Africa?.
Races are more different than previously thought.
- Britain: The Future is Brown. The Galton Report.
- The German Death Wish. Frank Ellis reviews German’s huge best seller.
- Multiculturalism, R.I.P.
By Roger Scruton.
- David Cameron's important speech. Melanie Phillips.
- It is state multiculturalism that is racist, and David Cameron who is a liberal.
- PM’s speech at Munich Security Conference. Prime Minister David Cameron has delivered a speech setting out his view on radicalisation and Islamic extremism.
- Geert Wilders on Trial: The Lights Are Going Out All Over Europe.
- Muslim Brotherhood text reveals scope of radical creed.
- Terrorist Lars Gule. Religious Freedom Watch.
Archives 2005 - 2010.
For Scandinavian readers: See also our skandinaviske medieklipp.