The following papers have been written by Jens Tomas Anfindsen, Department of Philosophy, Uppsala University, who was one of the editors of HonestThinking until July 2007.
- Leibniz on hypothetical necessity. It is one of the best known facets of Leibniz philosophy that it is compatibilistic with regard to necessity and freedom. Leibniz (1646-1716) persistently maintained (a) that every event is determined and that what happens is necessary, yet (b) that some acts are nonetheless free.
- Particulars and universals. This essay presents a doxographical overview of some major philosophical
positions concerning the ontological status of universals, covering the
period of time between Plato and William of Ockham.
- Review of Prof. Thomas Alexander Szlezàk’s translation of Aristotle’s Metaphysics. This review was published in “Freiburger zeitschrift für philosophie und theologie”, 51 Band, 2004, Heft 1-3.
- This is the first in a series of 3 essays dealing with philosophical problems related to modality. The main focus of this essay (PDF format) is John Duns Scotus’s doctrine of “the contingency of the present”. It is not intended for scholarly publication. It is the fruits of a study, undertaken in order to gain competence for a larger article on necessary existence.
- The Catholic Encyclopedia. "The Catholic Encyclopedia, as its name implies, proposes to give its readers full and authoritative information on the entire cycle of Catholic interests, action and doctrine."
- Ephilosopher.com. An internet forum for publication of philosophical texts, and for
philosophical discussion. Very comprehensive in scope. Qualified
- EpistemeLinks.com. Philosofy Resources on the Internet. "EpistemeLinks.com includes over 16,500 categorized links to philosophy resources on the Internet and has several additional features."
of Philosophy (highly recommended).
Contact us via postmaster at honestThinking.org (replace ' at ' with '@')